Editor settings & Standard game tuning

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Some important features to be added to the editor:

- Add/remove a terrain
- Set the terrain passable only by certain units
- Create a flag if the terrain needs coasts or not (ice for example should be next to oceans. And that should prevent from ocean crossing by following the coasts path)
- Edit the 8/16/24 massive barbarian uprising to other custom values.
- Instead standard barbarian and improved barbarian and naval barb unit have a naval and land unit for each era. (Guerrilla for example: horsemen in 1900 are irritating)
- Make settlers cost more shields and food (civ expansion is too fast and the world is entirely discovered in Ancient Era)

Something to add to the game:

- Add an ice terrain with the features above (their sea is ocean, unpassable except by explorers and planes)
- Improve resource distribution (sometimes for adding a certain resource (oil for example) in a certain place, modding the rules is needed. This is a very bad thing when posting a new map).
- Remove possibility to found cities on desert or tundra or jungle. It is very irrealistic, and when AI irrigates everything those cities grow till 20+ size. Even more irrealistic.
- Improve game speed. In some games you have to wait 10+ minutes between turns. (Changing barbarian uprising values and terrains with the build city flag will help. Another tuning should be the barb camp distribution, as some are created in small islands and then create 24 horsemen who must move every turns. A waste of time)
- Unit hp should be raised by 1 or 2 to reduce random effects in battles.
- Work around the problem of large nations over-powered and small nations crippled. Being larger shouldn't mean to be the strongest.

In my signature there's a link to my mod. In my readme there's a full description with many screenshots of these problems and how they have been tuned. It's worth a look for developers.

Originally posted by Rhye
Oh, very important - CUT/COPY/PASTE in map editor

Second that! Can't even remember how many times I have wished for that and cursed while creating a map...

Top Bottom