Greater Europe - People of the Old World

Regarding a possible Wessex Civ:

Has it been decided who the leader will be? I imagine Alfred is the first choice, but there is also Egbert who was somewhat prodigious as well.

I would be willing to write a Civilopedia entry for the Civ and Leader if needed.

Regarding a possible Wessex Civ:

Has it been decided who the leader will be? I imagine Alfred is the first choice, but there is also Egbert who was somewhat prodigious as well.

I would be willing to write a Civilopedia entry for the Civ and Leader if needed.

Vithar mate, i'd suggest you take a look at JFDs thread, his Kingdom of the Anglo-Saxons is Alfred the great (essentially the kingdom of Wessex). As with all of JFDs work it is blooming excellent.

Vithar mate, i'd suggest you take a look at JFDs thread, his Kingdom of the Anglo-Saxons is Alfred the great (essentially the kingdom of Wessex). As with all of JFDs work it is blooming excellent.

I agree, I use the Anglo-Saxon one often. I suppose I've been projecting my own stuff into what I've been reading in this thread, I swear I read that someone was talking about making a Wessex civ, among others.

There have been people talking about it elsewhere. Funnily enough, one of the first major design exercises I ever did was a massive slew of ideas for independent bits of Britain, which I've shared in this thread before because I like to scare Viregel into behaving on occasion. =]

Anyway, here's version two of a design for the Kingdom of Kent.

---

Kent (Aethelberht)
Start Bias: Coastal
Capital: :c5capital: Canterbury
UA: Invicta
Defensive Buildings generate :c5faith: Faith equal to the Hit Points they provide after a Military Unit is trained or a Building is built. Land Units start with +2 bonus Experience for each :c5citizen: Citizen in your most populous City.
UB: Augustine Abbey (replaces Temple)
+2 :c5faith: Faith, +2 :c5culture: Culture. +1 additional :c5faith: Faith and :c5culture: Culture for every two :c5citizen: Citizens in the City in which it is built following your Pantheon or Majority Religion.
UI: Oast House (All New!)
Unlocked at Engineering. +1 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture. May only be built on flat land with access to Fresh Water. +1 additional :c5food: Food at Civil Service and Fertilizer. +1 additional :c5culture: at Architecture and Biology. After Ecology is researched, adjacent tiles with Resources generate +2 :c5culture: Culture. Takes 50% longer to build than normal.

---

Yes, I know, there should be a UU, but I can't be bothered and frankly I wanted a Faith/Culture/Growth Civ. =]

I never thought if mission as a building . Wouldn't thay be a unit?

It would be better served as an abbey, yes, but I didn't want to conflict with other mods that included abbeys. That said... I'll change it to an abbey forthwith. =]

It would be better served as an abbey, yes, but I didn't want to conflict with other mods that included abbeys. That said... I'll change it to an abbey forthwith. =]

me and scapegrace cnfirmed for not loving conflicts. :lol:

Germany (Wilhelm II) updated to version 3. Manual Download.
  • Increased Stormtrooper combat strength bonus against fortified units back to 40%, and +33% defense against ranged attacks in open terrain.
  • Unique Ability was recoded and now triggers on the same turn that the war was declared.
  • Added new Leaderscreen, Leader Icon and Civilization Icon by JanBoruta.
  • Added internal mod support for Sukritact's Decisions and Events, Bingle's Civ IV Traits, BrutalSamurai's Ethnic Units/Gedemon's R.E.D., Gedemon's YnAEMP, Hazel's Map Labels, JFD's Cultural Diversity, Exploration Continued Expanded and Piety & Prestige.

Yay! More Germanys!

Kerrigan, its...
Just... Remember no body is perfect. There is no need of constantly reminding people of that.

Hi, how are the plans for adding E&D support for the Kalmar Union going (assuming that is actually the plan ;)). Should we start brainstorming ideas for the events and decisions maybe? Would that be helpful?

Top Bottom