Python problem

ripple01

Emperor
Hi everyone,

I am using a mod component by GIR (who hasn't been active since February) and am running into a small issue. I'm hoping there is a python guru who can help me out.

The mod component can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6903

The problem I am running into is this: The python code allows the city with the Petra Wonder to have a 25% chance of replacing a building with a unique building from any civ. So for example, you build a University in your city with the Petra wonder. You would have a 25% chance of receiving a Seowon (Korean UB) in your city instead of a normal University. The code works fine except for one problem:

Using the example above, you build a University and you get lucky and get a Seowon instead. The problem is that you can still build a University in your city. This can become quickly overpowering if this exploit is used. I have pasted the relevant code below. Could someone add a check to disallow building the default building if you get a Unique Building through the wonder? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

Code:
###########################
	### ub chance home city ###
	###########################
		if pCity.getNumActiveBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_PETRA"))==true:

### chance to get a UB instead of the DB ###
			chance = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "chance for UB")
			if ( chance <= 25):

### note: the code identifies the first building of a certain buildingclass in the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file to be the default building
				### find buildings with the same buildingClassType ###
				lgleicheBC = []
				buildingClassType = gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuildingType).getBuildingClassType()
				for i in range(gc.getNumBuildingInfos()):
					if ( buildingClassType == gc.getBuildingInfo(i).getBuildingClassType() ):
						lgleicheBC.append(i)

if ( len(lgleicheBC) >= 2 ):

### is Building the default building? ###
					if ( iBuildingType == lgleicheBC[0] ):

### get a random UB of the same building class like the DB ###
						chance = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(lgleicheBC) - 1, "Random for UB")

### replace DB with UB ###
						pCity.setNumRealBuilding(lgleicheBC[0],0)
						pCity.setNumRealBuilding(lgleicheBC[chance + 1],1)

### ausgabe ###
						CyInterface().addMessage(pCity.plot().getOwner(),false,15,CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_PETRA_GAMETXT2",( pCity.getName(), PyHelpers.PyInfo.BuildingInfo(lgleicheBC[chance + 1]).getDescription() , PyHelpers.PyInfo.BuildingInfo(lgleicheBC[0]).getDescription() )),'',0,gc.getBuildingInfo(lgleicheBC[chance + 1]).getButton(),ColorTypes(11),pCity.getX(),pCity.getY(),True,True)
						### message: In %s1 the Petra Wonder provides a %s2 instead of a %s3 ###

Cheers,
ripple01

I don't think the problem is the Python. I suspect you'll have to modify the DLL's CvCity.canConstruct() function to take foreign UBs into consideration, and this may only block the user from building the generic building -- the AI may still be confused.

The reason is that the game is built around considering only UBs when they exist. You need to teach it that a player can have buildings from multiple civilizations.

Okay, scratch that as it may be untrue, but I left it in case it's right. ;) I forgot about the Python callbacks in CvGameUtils. You should be able to implement cannotConstruct() to do the check and return True if they have the UB of another civ already present when trying to build their own UB or the DB.

Top Bottom