The full list of Civilizations in Civ V!

It seems like I have misunderstood. I remembered this quote

"On background: "so you'll meet Gandhi by the river, Napoleon on the battlefield and Bismarck in his office. The backgrounds are animated, and in some cases even interactive, so you'll see Askia standing in front of a burning town he's just conquered, or watch as Washington casually spins a globe.""

http://www.weplayciv.com/node/162

OMG Incredible..

Spain? Mongolia? Inca? Portugal?

WTH is Siam or Shongai or Iroquois against this 4?

And... England's Special Ability: Sun Never Sets

Spain was the first Empire where the Sun Never Sets...

OMG Incredible..

Spain? Mongolia? Inca? Portugal?

WTH is Siam or Shongai or Iroquois against this 4?

And... England's Special Ability: Sun Never Sets

Spain was the first Empire where the Sun Never Sets...

That may or may not be true, but the saying is most often applied to the British Empire, which stretched all the way from New Zealand to Canada at one point.

Aussie.

This is a common misconception.

Fair enough on the city part - though not on the technology. But it would be interesting to see some population comparisons - how big the cities, how big the empires - and compare to the Incas.

I would be amazed if any tribes in modern US/Canada were at the technological level or scale of the Incas. I have never seen this, ever.

I just wish that Firaxis could have had the foresight to do a little research and do the right thing. Iroquois is an insulting name that was given to the Haudennosaunne by their rivals and enemies. Just like the Inuit were called "Eskimos" (Eaters of raw meat) by theirs.

While I agree, Greeks called themselves Hellenes, Germans Deutch, and Japanese Nihon. For a game like Civilization, it is important to rely on the common name for them so people know who they're supposed to be. Haudenosaune just isn't as well known (and will probably intimidate the casual gamer from playing them).

Naaah, there'd just be more "Haudenosaune? Who are they? How come some civ I've never heard of got in but they left out civs <A> <B> & <C>? If they wanted another North American civ, they should have used the Iroquois..." :)

If they really, really needed another North American civilization. They should have chosen whoever built Teotihuacan.

SIAM! SONGHAI! IROQUOIS! Best game ever! <3 I love you all! :D hehe LOVE SIAM! Can't wait to play them! already my favorate! I am sooooooo out of it right now. <3 <3

While I agree, Greeks called themselves Hellenes, Germans Deutch, and Japanese Nihon. For a game like Civilization, it is important to rely on the common name for them so people know who they're supposed to be. Haudenosaune just isn't as well known (and will probably intimidate the casual gamer from playing them).

However, we don't call Germans Krauts or Japanese Japs.

I haven't seen Hiawatha's animation yet (it's not working for me) but it'd be damn funny/idiotic if he addresses himself as "leader of the Iroquois".

If they really, really needed another North American civilization. They should have chosen whoever built Teotihuacan.

We hardly know anything about them unfortunately. Same reason the Harappans were never in Civilization.

That would be an earlier phase of Nahuatl culture . . . basically already represented by the Aztecs, who are a later phase of the same culture (albeit one brought on by immigrants adopting the local culture).

Naaah, there'd just be more "Haudenosaune? Who are they? How come some civ I've never heard of got in but they left out civs <A> <B> & <C>? If they wanted another North American civ, they should have used the Iroquois..." :)

"Haudenosaunee" is just the Iroqouis' name for themselves.

"Iroqouis" has two possible origins; one is an insulting epithet used by neighbouring tribes (means "snakes"), the other is possibly a Basque expression meaning "murderers".

I hope... someday... see a 'venetian civilization' in the Civilization series. It could be a very nice trade-oriented civilization.
After civilizations like the Holy Roman Empire all is possible.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a city state

Yeah, Venice is a city-state :p I LOVE SIAM! <3 thank you developers I love you all! hehe, even though no South-American civ :( but you can't have everything :) :love:

Yeah, Venice is a city-state :p I LOVE SIAM! <3 thank you developers I love you all! hehe, even though no South-American civ :( but you can't have everything :) :love:

Are you always this happy?

Although I really can't blame you. I would be, too... had I seen [and heard] Gandhi...

Maybe when Gandhi is wiped out his last words will be, "He ram!" (albeit some reports say he said "rama, rama", and others say he said nothing at all).

Finally, a complete civ list and some leader animations. Damn, those talking leaders are really great and I hope they bring all leaders online pretty soon. Nice job Firaxis so far, hope you keep it up. :goodjob::thumbsup:

Top Bottom