What do you think the Super Secret unit that is going to be in CIV5 is going to be

OMG super long thread title but for good reason.

Firaxis producer Dennis Shirk answers, "We are adding a really, really awesome unit with an 'interesting' title to it. And you have to play a certain way to unlock it. It just isn't going to happen by accident; it's a combination of things you'll have to do. I know I'm being vague about it, but it's probably the most awesome unit in the game. You're not going to find it in the Civpedia or the unit list, you're just going to find out that you can build it during one session."

That must be Superman.:D

Or people will just go look on Gamefaqs and find out how instantly.

Bad idea, especially if said unit is unbalancing.

How about a "Luis Suarez" unit? A unit that will avoid losing the game in the last turn, giving you a last five turns to win it yourself or to lose it otherwise. :)

I don't like an idea of number of actions required to get the unit on each session. That really limits the way of development. The same issue was with Heroes 5 with class special ability, so on big maps it limited the hero development to reach the uber-skill.

So I guess the unit will be unlocked on the computer forever, without any special actions on future sessions and it will be usable for both player and AI. Hope the word "unlock" in the quote speaks for it.

Or it could be just a joke. Like secret cow level in Diablo I.

P.S. And my guess is Cyborgs :lol:

manbearpig

osama bin laden.

Hold on! INTERESTing title! It must be a banker! Unlocked by having no money in your treasury in 2008, a Banker may be used to permanently cause unhappiness in an opponent's city...

The return of the Fanatics, or some guerrillas/militia.

Unlockable whith certain civic choices.

Though I like the Luis Suarez idea :goodjob:

Commando - Basically its chuck norris puffing on a rediculously big cigar, holding a BFG in one hand, and a machete in the other.

The zombie armageddon almost sounds like it could be awesome.

The pukeman from Civ3. Pikemen sucked and were always getting killed. It replaces the Pikeman.

By unlockable, I kind of got the impression they meant for the one game only. Not for all following games as well.

Luis Suarez ftw!

On a serious note. I would support far more units, with only certain ones being available during the game based on factors such as georgraphy and tech etc etc,

Would make the game less formulaic and more unique

Dr. Who, Bam, thats it, never dies, goes around saving damsels and getting assitants killed or hurt, time travels so who knows what year a civ will get it o.0, did I mention he is awesome. Way better than any chuck norris.

P.s Who the duck is Luis Suarez and why are people voting this nobody as a UU.

Top Bottom