What are you playing until the next patch?

What are you playing as you wait (patiently) for the next patch?

• Civ V

Votes: 109 25.2%
  • Civ IV

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Another Civ

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Starcraft II

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • Sins of a Solar Empire

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Zork

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 173 40.0%
  • Only geeks play video games.

Votes: 27 6.2%

• Total voters
Whether you love it or hate it, it seems that most people are "waiting for the next patch" to make changes to CivV. I'm curious, during the wait what are you playing?

If it isn't on the list then post it!

Well, I am playing several games. Mostly I am playing in order... Civ 5, Starcraft 2, HoI3, and MH2.

Out of curiousity, I checked to see what were the popular games of 2010 were and almost all of them are sci-fi or fantasy themes. Ugh. I think I'll call the current generation of PC gamers the "Transformers Generation".

ciV with thalassicus' balance combined mod. link is in my sig. if you haven't played it yet it's great, it's got a ton of fixes/nerfs/improvements.

example: cities get 30 hp. walls/castle doubled strength. horseman 11 str, CC 12 str, mounted are -40% vs cities. maritimes -1 food in all eras. cs gold gifting is less effective, and military cs's give a unit every 13 instead of 20 turns. it took me many hours just to read all the improvements made, it's now actually fun for me to build a civilization instead of just attacking everything in sight. link for it is in my sig.

While waiting for the upcoming patch I've been playing Still Life 2. It's a fairly decent adventurer but the first one was better. Finished it today though and the patch i still nowhere to be seen. Not sure what i'll play next.

Naah, you can play the game [Vindictus] just fine, only from US server ;)

Really? I've understood they've blocked non-NA IPs and in order to play I'd have to use proxy -> terrible lag. Or did they get rid off that crap after beta?

Really? I've understood they've blocked non-NA IPs and in order to play I'd have to use proxy -> terrible lag. Or did they get rid off that crap after beta?
They havent. That's why I said you need US server, then everything is fine :)

I've sent you PM.

I'm not playing Civ5 lately, because I'm modding it (making the next iteration of my mod takes a lot of time, because I need to update the descriptions of most buildings/units etc., flavors and so on).

As usual, I'm playing some Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic PBEM games.

I've actually been playing EU3 (since it was just patched the other day believe it or not) and Garry's mod but I have an irking to load up TF2 for old times sake.

Heh, I have been giving Railroads! a go. Not a terrible game I might add.

Also, Cities XL 2011. Now this is a game that is unfinished, pointless and does not offer much replayability (unlike SimCity 4).

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011. Yeah, I now get my strategy fix from placing eleven guys on a pitch.

Also, Cities XL 2011. Now this is a game that is unfinished, pointless and does not offer much replayability (unlike SimCity 4).

I heard that all the Cities XL games were like that.

I heard that all the Cities XL games were like that.

Definitely. I signed up for the Planet Offer they had going when the first Cities XL was released. It was OK, but not worth what you had to pay for subscription. Although without that feature, the game feels, how can I put this... dead...?

Top Bottom