Release Date?

Pouakai

It belongs in a museum.
Mightyape.co.nz now has a pre-order feature for G&K. Their release date is 25 May 2012, NZ time, for $49.99 NZ

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V-Gods--Kings/19757514/

According to said page, there are the following as-yet unheard of features:

Establish embassies at foreign courts for closer ties (or clandestine operations
•New Wonders: There will be 9 new Wonders with all new effects including Neuschwanstein, the Great Mosque of Djenne, the Terracotta Army, the Great Firewall, and the Hubble Space Telescope.

Not sure sure about the Great Firewall myself, sounds like it'd be controversial. Nonetheless, a good espionage wonder per chance?

Great Firewall sounds bad. At least they should add internet if they're adding that.

They also have a new screenshot on there. Doesn't appear to show anything new or even anything interesting. For all I can tell, they could've reused an old Civ V screenshot.

Until any of it's actually confirmed, I personally won't 100% believe some preorder release date and information. Hell, the game just got announced less than two weeks ago.

But if it's true, at least there'd be some more modern wonders.

At least you know they are following your wonder thread with interest, Pouakai! :lol:
Yeah, it's awesome! Thanks mate

Until any of it's actually confirmed, I personally won't 100% believe some preorder release date and information. Hell, the game just got announced less than two weeks ago.

But if it's true, at least there'd be some more modern wonders.

Yeah, I know, hense the question mark. MightyApe usually has preorder dates quite early, they had a release date for PS Vita over a year ago, which turned out to be right.

Interesting but I remain skeptical. What benefits would Neuschwanstein provide, I wonder?

I would be reluctant to say faith bonuses from Neuschwanstein. Since, from my limited knowledge, it was not built or designed with religious aspects in mind. Especially if you compare it to something like the Sistine Chapel, which has tons of religious potential, Neuschwanstein would be better suited as pure culture.

I believe it could. Looking into the Neuschwanstein Castle's inspirations, it seems it was designed with romanticism and operatic themes in mind. Both of those notions are almost exclusively cultural in nature.

I'm sure someone with a degree in religious studies would call me out on my crude interpretation of culture and religion, but I'm just trying to think generally.

So it could potentially take on Sistine's effect?

This makes the most sense, with Sistine now giving bonus faith. Bonus culture would be excellent and make a lot of sense for Neuschwanstein, and Sistine is obviously a Faith first type wonder. Makes sense to me.

So we have seemingly:

Terracotta Army
Petra
Great Mosque of Djenne
Hubble Telescope
Neuschwanstein Castle
Great Firewall

So If they use the art in the files, the last three are:

Three Gorges Dam
Panama Canal
????

I'll guess Empire State Building as a later age wonder, given the focus on extending the WWI era of combat.

It's good to see at least three modern wonders (Hubble, Firewall and Neuschwanstein).

Although I must say I'm a bit... surprised about the great firewall.
Is that impressive enough to be called a wonder? (not that it really matters)
And as Louis says, they should at least put the internet in as a wonder.

On the other hand, an anti-espionage wonder would make some sense.

Also something from that site:
Additionally, there are even more new units and buildings included in the four new Scenarios for modders to use.
Four new scenarios? A mistake, I guess, as it says on the bottom 'three new scenarios'.

It's good to see at least three modern wonders (Hubble, Firewall and Neuschwanstein).

Although I must say I'm a bit... surprised about the great firewall.
Is that impressive enough to be called a wonder? (not that it really matters)
And as Louis says, they should at least put the internet in as a wonder.

On the other hand, an anti-espionage wonder would make some sense.

Also something from that site:
Four new scenarios? A mistake, I guess, as it says on the bottom 'three new scenarios'.

I kind of hope that part is mistaken and that it's like a new social policy for the Autocracy or the Order branch. I'd rather the wonders be structures but I recognized the Hubble Telescope is pretty amazing.

Very nice! Pouakai the Great Spy always digging out new stuff.. :c5greatperson:

In the old art files there was also graphics for Hadron Collider wonder, maybe that'll be there too.

Very nice! Pouakai the Great Spy always digging out new stuff.. :c5greatperson:

In the old art files there was also graphics for Hadron Collider wonder, maybe that'll be there too.

Wasn't that the one with the blank, black picture? If so, that might make the last one...

Top Bottom