steam pre-order available 10% discount

Which amounts to about three bucks, right? I suppose it's better than nothing, but I can probably wait until the last second here. I suspect this is the best deal, though, and the $3 can get me halfway to new DLC ;)

Preordered...now what do I do with this $3...buy some cheap beer of course!

When/does steam allow for something like a pre-download before the release date so you only have to "unlock" it on the date?
be more of a benefit to me than the £2 saving :lol:

Its only just over 3 weeks until release and they just did a massive promotion on steam to sell civ 5 to get people into the game and expand the expansion market. The game is already available for preoder in most major distribution centers right? Add int he current predorder bonus on the games official distribution platform and the idea of getting magical preorder bonuses seems slight.

P.S beefie any preoder can do that and its typically only a couple days before and for major titles, I doubt Civ 5 will be available for pre-download.

You should pre-order, that might've been simple typo.

We know it supports more languages for sure (German, even Czech)

I just bought mine. Took the discount as a sign to do so, it just seemed like the right time. Now all there is left to do is wait. :D

How come these prices?

2K-Forum said $29.99 ~ €24.99

steam €29.99 -10% = €26.99

amazon.co.uk L 12.99!!! ~ €16

Well, I was going to buy it anyway and 10% is 10% so said and done.

And I do believe that if you pre-order, you will get the right version when it is released in your country. So we "outsiders" can install it on the 22th, not the 19th and in the language that you have. It would be strange otherwise.

Also, interesting that even if I live in EU it says "available: 19 June 2012".
I wouldn't be surprised if that's an oversight, should probably wait a bit to see if it gets changed. I might be willing to pay the extra price (€27 is still more expensive than some places) if I got it on the 19th rather than the 22nd.

Do we know for sure that no matter where you preorder from, you will get a steam code so you can download and start playing right away, instead of waiting for the box/disc? If so, then I will just get it from where I think the best bonus is, which so far is $3, since I don't know any of the other bonuses yet.

Because European countries impose gigantic and unfair tariffs on foreign distributors.

Isn't amazon.co.uk a European distributor?

Anyway, if I were in GB I would preorder it right now.

btw what is the uk-price on steam?

So are there any theories on what the pre-order bonus might be?...I think if they do put a pre-order bonus out, the most realistic one would be free dlc that has already been released.

Top Bottom