G&K video preview with Dennis Shirk and Ed Beach

The graphic is fine if, in real life, 60% of Netherlands' land is tulip fields. But I don't think that's the case. As far as gameplay is concerned, it will look ridiculous having Netherlands next door to you with its swath of land colored like a giant easter egg. I mean, seriously. In those areas where tulips are being grown, yes it is colorful and beautiful, as pictured above. But, Netherlands from the air doesn't look like a giant tie dye shirt, does it?
:lol: nice one!
And no, it doesn't. The most obvious things you see is mainly agriculture, cities and the Veluwe (a forest).

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but somehow Utrecht is building a garden. Do Oasis count as freshwater for the garden, because I was under the impression that they could only be built in cities next to rivers and lakes.

See hear for proof:
Spoiler :

Sorry if I am completley wrong about this fact

Isn't Oasis technically a Lake?

I mean, as far as I know a Lake is defined as a body of water that is small enough to see all 4 sides to it (rather than just vast amounts of water)

You don't need any nearby water source to build a Garden, I am almost certain of that.

Isn't Oasis technically a Lake?

I mean, as far as I know a Lake is defined as a body of water that is small enough to see all 4 sides to it (rather than just vast amounts of water)

An oasis can be a lake. Im not sure where you got that but there no upper limit on the size of a lake.

Labrynian: Then we will fight on the dikes! ;)

animalguy: As of a certain patch (in vanilla), Oases count as fresh water for all purposes. (This includes getting the food bonus from Civil Service, building Gardens (and presumably Floating Gardens), etc.

Top Bottom