Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Hey Tomatekh, your Civs have all been put onto the Civ 5 Customisation Wiki with fairly detailed entries. I wanted to ask if you're aware of any compatibility issues with the Community Balance Patch? I wasn't sure what to put down for that - I'd assume it's all fine by I don't have much experience with the CBP.

Oh wow, thanks! The wiki was something I was eying and wanting to do, but I didn't have the time to make entries for all my civs. So I was putting it off till some indeterminate future. You really have saved me a lot of work and I'm extremely grateful. (I'll also try and update the entries after any update, so you won't have to search through all the code just to find a single digit change or something).

As for the Community Balance Patch, I'm afraid I can't give a full answer. Gyra Solune previously commented that all my civs load fine and are mostly compatible but, for example, the CBP has the Pikeman upgrade into a different unit than the Lancer, so Benin's UU doesn't upgrade into the correct unit when using CBP. Unfortunately, since I don't use CBP myself, I just don't know enough of these little changes to really comment.

Oh wow, thanks! The wiki was something I was eying and wanting to do, but I didn't have the time to make entries for all my civs. So I was putting it off till some indeterminate future. You really have saved me a lot of work and I'm extremely grateful. (I'll also try and update the entries after any update, so you won't have to search through all the code just to find a single digit change or something).

As for the Community Balance Patch, I'm afraid I can't give a full answer. Gyra Solune previously commented that all my civs load fine and are mostly compatible but, for example, the CBP has the Pikeman upgrade into a different unit than the Lancer, so Benin's UU doesn't upgrade into the correct unit when using CBP. Unfortunately, since I don't use CBP myself, I just don't know enough of these little changes to really comment.

No problem, happy to help. Thanks for taking care of it in the future!

I see, thanks. I'll leave them set to Unknown for now and let people fill it out after personal experience.

LOL.
There's no need for you to post the same things in multiple threads. Its called spamming(and its against the forum rules, just saying... :mischief:).

That's not exactly... Correct, but its not the topic.
Which leads me to the question(@Tomatekh): what's next?

Could you make United Arab Emirates or other Civ with Trait or worker's UI "Artificial island"?

As someone actually from the UAE I don't think that's a good UI. I mean we only have like one actually functioning artificial island and they're hardly the most impressive thing in the UAE. And it's not like they form the backbone of the Emirati economy. Besides, SW is already doing a UAE civ and it looks great.

Super Waffle

Oh, of course.

I think that would make you DM.
Well, actually I use 'DMS' in front of my civs, as in 'DMS's The Corsican Republic' and 'DMS's The Nuraghians'.
But never mind, going off topic here..

@Tomatekh. Glad you could use the infographics :D

Now that the thread seems to have calmed down, I will officially say I will not be making the UAE.

@Packherd2
I'm aware of the issue; however, it's not something that can be fixed at the moment.

@Danmacsch
Thanks again!

@Natan
Xia is still coming along. Actually, I will say its probably nearing the end of its development (though its still probably a bit off). In terms of specifics... Xia is turning out to be a different kind of civ so it might turn a few people off. But, I'm excited for it (and that's all that matters :lol:).

Um....if.....you.....maybe.....could....see.....leaderscreen....could....if you want too.:cringe:
By the way love your Historical Religion Mod, makes playing civ great!

Anyone could make Mao Zedong or Deng Xiaoping (China), Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Turkish Meiji), Nelson Mandela (RSA), Joao II or Henry the Navigator (Portugal), Kublai Khan (Mongol Empire), Wang Kon (Korea), Cyrus II (Persia), Hatshepsut or Ahmad ibn Tulun (Egypt)?
you encroach on freedom of speech

Thank you for your strong emphasis the downside of freedom of speech.

Mao Zedong and Deng Xiaoping (China) - Superwaffle's Our World,
Mao - near completion, Deng - Planning

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Turkish Meiji) - regalman's Light In The East
At least he got leaderscreen and map.

Nelson Mandela (RSA), TPangolin's Colonialist Legacy.
Making 3D leaderscreen, don't sure if anything else is set.

Kublai Khan ([YUAN) - regalman's Light In The East
Planning

Cyrus II (Persia) - regalman's Light In The East
Planning

Joao II or Henry the Navigator (Portugal)
Wang Kon (Korea)
Hatshepsut (Egypt)
Ahmad ibn Tulun (Egypt)
-- No one made it AFAIK.

--------------------
And before you going to ask everyone when work in progress will be finish and ask for random civ you can think of, please note that each mod isn't made by simple copy-paste, To make a mod in such high caliber we need about 700 hours* of work to do it.

Researching, coding, doing art, playtesting , designing, sculpting model and cooperation.
All take effort and time from our busy daily life to do, and it's probably don't finish within few days. We already working for a load of civ and when you suggest a new civ in the future. I would appreciate if you don't expect it to finish within few hours, namely as soon as I want.

*This is a wild guess. I wonder how long it take for an average mods to be made.

Top Bottom