Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

I'm not sure about any of the arm positions, although I'd almost say the first one is my favourite. What if you had both arms down, in the same position as the arm on our left (her right arm) - both out, instead of one out and one in front of her?

Homosubi said:
That last one looks like she's doing semaphore.

Heh, yes, I've done it mostly for fun, it's quite odd to manipulate Eva Peron's expression haha...

I'm not sure about any of the arm positions, although I'd almost say the first one is my favourite. What if you had both arms down, in the same position as the arm on our left (her right arm) - both out, instead of one out and one in front of her?

Yeah, I've been thinking that when I left to sleep:

Just wondering, what was wrong with the old perspective? It looked more like a Firaxis leaderhead that way.

Just wondering, what was wrong with the old perspective? It looked more like a Firaxis leaderhead that way.

Depends, if you take into account Montezuma, Harald or Wu... Thing is, it was hard to make her look like Evita (personality-wise) inside the place, most pictures of Evita have her talking to the people, from the balcony, so I thought it would be better that way.

BTW, I'll now show you my favorite leaderscene thus far: Lautauro of the Mapuche:

Based mostly on these:

That is my favorite yet too! How long does it take you to make a leaderscreen?

I suppose it depends... As you may have noticed, Evita's been taking me for quite a long time hehe, but that's mostly because it was hard to get her feel right...

On the other hand, I made Lautauro in about 2:30 hours I think, so I suppose some leaderscreens are harder than others. (Lautauro was quite easier because of Kamehameha's body hehe)

I can see more than a passing resemblance to Kamehameha in that leaderhead...

I can see more than a passing resemblance to Kamehameha in that leaderhead...

Yep, Kame's body was pretty much the base of all, it was pretty useful, mind you, that Lautauro had a cape and a loincloth and nothing else, pretty much like mr Kamehameha...

I think the first version of Evita's leaderscreen was better. You compare the leaderscreen to one of Montezuma, but there you have the crowds cheering and you can hear them - with a 2D image you have to make up for sound with visuals, so actually showing the crowd listening to Evita would be much better. This is just my opinion, but the new version isn't as good as the first one and has serious trouble with perspective - and it isn't a problem in the first one :)

I think the first version of Evita's leaderscreen was better. You compare the leaderscreen to one of Montezuma, but there you have the crowds cheering and you can hear them - with a 2D image you have to make up for sound with visuals, so actually showing the crowd listening to Evita would be much better. This is just my opinion, but the new version isn't as good as the first one and has serious trouble with perspective - and it isn't a problem in the first one :)

Well, I have learned how to add crowd sounds to a leaderscene... so that was part of it... So anyway, once I actually make the mod I'll test how both work :D, might go back to the first perspective if it works betterly ingame. But now that you mention it, there is some issue with perspective on the new attempt, will try to figure out how to fix that.

EDIT:

Jeez, these leaderscreens are amazing, great work! I'm a bit concerned about the bridle on the horse - if you look at the pictures, they only have a single rope around the horse's mouth as opposed to the big fancy European set up. I'd also suggest moving his arm further up the spear, like it is in both of the pictures also. Otherwise it looks awesome.

I seem to be having the same issue with you that I have with Sukritact. The art always looks amazing and all that, so I run out of words to use since the ones I normally say seem to lose meaning.

Jeez, these leaderscreens are amazing, great work! I'm a bit concerned about the bridle on the horse - if you look at the pictures, they only have a single rope around the horse's mouth as opposed to the big fancy European set up. I'd also suggest moving his arm further up the spear, like it is in both of the pictures also. Otherwise it looks awesome.

I seem to be having the same issue with you that I have with Sukritact. The art always looks amazing and all that, so I run out of words to use since the ones I normally say seem to lose meaning.

Thanks a lot! ... I attempted moving the hands and it was looking well but... I had a crash and forgot saving, so for now it'll stay like that (I don't like doing the same thing twice)...

Talking about doing the same thing twice... Guess the civs!

Hint: The first one is heavily related to two of the already posted leaderscreens, and the second one is related to two of the BNW new civs.

Thanks a lot! ... I attempted moving the hands and it was looking well but... I had a crash and forgot saving, so for now it'll stay like that (I don't like doing the same thing twice)...

Talking about doing the same thing twice... Guess the civs!

Hint: The first one is heavily related to two of the already posted leaderscreens, and the second one is related to two of the BNW new civs.

I'd guess that the second one has to do with Brazil and Portugal, so maybe the Tupi?

Can't the Gran Colombian UA be abused? If a city-state aligned with you is on a bottleneck between you and a civ you are at war with, you could just repeatedly let their army take the CS and liberate it.

Can't the Gran Colombian UA be abused? If a city-state aligned with you is on a bottleneck between you and a civ you are at war with, you could just repeatedly let their army take the CS and liberate it.

You know, I don't really see this as an issue. Mods only work in SP at the moment and it's entirely up to you/your responsibility if you want to cheat by abusing game mechanics and ruin your game.

Adding a check for this would probably be a lot more coding than its worth when you can simply not do it.

Thanks! And yes...

The icons are for Chile and for the Tupi... If you check the second post there are some suggestions for them...

I'll work on O'higgins leaderhead next, and then Cunhambebe of the Tupi... The Chileans will be perhaps the first naval civ I'm going to mod so it's going to be fun (in relation to other American countries, Chile has always had the strongest naval military which even defined a war with Bolivia and Peru for a whole territory)

The idea with the Tupi is giving a nod to many things, an hybrid civ. The UA is going to relate with the Tamoyo Confederation, giving military bonuses for and because of allying City-States. The UU is going to have a bit of relationship to cannibalism (not a direct one), as it heals when killing an enemy and generating food. And I'm hoping to make a UI for jungle tiles, which will provide food, culture and faith.

Well, it was far more exploitable when the bonus was a static ammount of Cultures (+150 culture everytime could be a exploit)...

Right now it's a Golden Age... Therefore, although it could still be a exploit, the bonus isn't so direct enough to even desire to try it...

Also, while doing that you'd already have trouble with keeping your armies alive, if you really have that amazing armies to fight the same city more than one time... you don't need a golden age hehe...

Top Bottom