More Civilisations

How did that happen? That is insane! I don't see anything special about the starting area and Tibet doesn't have any ability to promote growth.

So, after checking a bit everything ... I'm betting it also has to do something with the "Cultural Capitals" mod... Tibet's attribute produces quite a lot of culture after a while, and so do its UU and UB... so, that on par with having only one city, it became a cultural powerhouse, and the Cultural Capitals granted Lhasa a lot of bonuses to production and all that...

I'm sorry, Tibet is still way way way overpowered even after the update. Every unique gets like 3 bonuses all of which by themselves would be strong enough. You surpass France in beginning of the game culture output by the time you get to the horsemen with workers alone (then add in the UU and all the other civilians). The UB provides a wonder bonus that is normally reserved to one city, in every city, then on top of that it provides even more culture (despite, the ridiculous culture from the UA and UU) and happiness.

The idea behind the uniques are cool, but the civ needs a total re-work.

Great art, though.

The Gurkha could be replacing the Mughal Fort, meaning you're working on a Mughal Civ. Also, for a tall trader civ with a science boost, maybe a boost/earlier access to science from BNW's international trade routes? Doesn't address the tall thing though.

Done, it is hugely based on this render though, so credits should also go to him.

And I also expect some fancy answer to InsanelyApple's question :D

We've got about 3 different lighting environments going on here... Need coloured overlays. Shadows don't add up either.

The city in the background needs better cutting, the shop is obvious. We also need to fudge some depth of field, as the buildings behind the wall should not be this stark. Also, I'm not buying the angles.

The sand could be a bit more... sandy, and the UV is just cartoony. Try a light dusting of monochrome noise, and try desaturated duplicate overlays to tone down the UV.

Not trying to come down on you, but this is something I'd expect from a rough mockup. Hope my input helps you get the right stuff in your crosshairs.

I always love Leugi's leaderscreens. Whenever I play a game with any of his leaders, they don't seem out of place when they show up.

Looking good. But we need a LOT more texture here.

How will you make a city list for the Ayyubid that is different from Arabia?
Ayyubids have a city list with the Into the Renaissance scenario, but we'll be largely focusing on Egypt (Cairo, Alexandria etc.) with the Arabian cities (I'll need to double check the Arabian city list) coming in later - all depends on who founds the city first.

The biggest problem is the UB, which is essentially a World Wonder (the Great Mosque of Djenne) that Tibet can build in every city, before the actual Wonder even becomes available! I don't even think Tibetan Buddhism has a missionary tradition anyway.
We came up with an idea for the UB, but I forgot it. We'll definitely scrap the effect, but we need something that has a religious boost and is unique. Any ideas?

The UU and UA are, if not balanced, balance-able (and I think the changes to the UU are definitely a step in the right direction). I just don't think I understand them. Why do the cavalry produce culture? Are they writing poetry and painting in their spare time? It's a neat idea, and it fits with a knight or samurai, but does it fit Tibet? The UA is also odd—extra resistance doesn't really fit Tibet, and culture from civilian units is confusing to me. Tibet had a horrible system of serfdom well into the 20th century; I'm not sure how or when their workers would be producing culture.
UU - See Sukritact's post
UA Resistance - it's sort of a homage to the Free Tibet thing, there's still controversy around the occupation of Tibet and all that sort of stuff. We were going to have War weariness, but that was too big and exploitable.
UA Culture - I'm thinking of seeing if it can be changed to faith, but the way Firaxis has included the latter is problematic to say the least, so it'll all depend.

What about bonuses related to the mountains?
I could give the Stupa an effect similar to my Paro Taktsang mod, which would add a tile yield of faith or something but would involve working the tile.

I'm sorry, Tibet is still way way way overpowered even after the update. Every unique gets like 3 bonuses all of which by themselves would be strong enough. You surpass France in beginning of the game culture output by the time you get to the horsemen with workers alone (then add in the UU and all the other civilians). The UB provides a wonder bonus that is normally reserved to one city, in every city, then on top of that it provides even more culture (despite, the ridiculous culture from the UA and UU) and happiness.

The idea behind the uniques are cool, but the civ needs a total re-work.
This is definitely a concern at the moment. I need specific feedback on how to balance it beyond the update (which hasn't been released yet). If we were to change the UA to Faith from civilians then it would likely balance out a bit, since you'd only have the UU generating culture. UB changes have also been suggested in this post. So it'll likely be a case of make the changes and then play through again, see how it goes and if it needs to be further balanced at that point.

The Gurkha could be replacing the Mughal Fort, meaning you're working on a Mughal Civ. Also, for a tall trader civ with a science boost, maybe a boost/earlier access to science from BNW's international trade routes? Doesn't address the tall thing though.
Ding Ding Ding!

Credit of course to Sukritact! India will be given a Gurkha UU in place of the Mughal fort, and have a UA change (Faith bonus in place of negative UA?), while the Mughals will have the Mughal fort (With a new name) and a unique Siege unit.

Hmm... How would everyone feel about the Stupa providing increased missionary strength? If that's possible...

I personally do stick by my previous comment though. I honestly don't think +1 spread for missionaries is really that powerful think of it independently of the Mosque of Djenne (which like I said, gives even more bonuses to compensate), I'd honestly would get rid of the other bonuses it gives however.

Hmm... How would everyone feel about the Stupa providing increased missionary strength? If that's possible...

It should be, Missionary Zeal provides 25% :c5faith: strength to Missionaries. As long as we can attach it to a building I think it's reasonable to emulate the belief and give Missionaries 25% strength.

An idea for the missionaries is to allow them to enter other civs borders without open borders treaty, with no attrition, if possible.

Sorry I meant Stupa

I personally do stick by my previous comment though. I honestly don't think +1 spread for missionaries is really that powerful think of it independently of the Mosque of Djenne (which like I said, gives even more bonuses to compensate), I'd honestly would get rid of the other bonuses it gives however.

The missionary buff is of (very) variable strength, I think. It's not made more powerful by being in multiple cities, but it can be very powerful if you get your religion started early or if you take certain beliefs (Interfaith Dialogue, for instance). The Great Mosque (with free mosque) gives nice bonuses beyond the missionary thing, it's true, but each Stupa gives 1 Culture and 1 Happiness beyond what a normal Temple gives, so that adds up pretty quickly too.

I also don't think Tibet really fits a missionary bonus anyway—Tibetan Buddhism isn't a very aggressive religion. Is it possible for a UB to decrease the effect of foreign missionaries and/or the regular influence of foreign religions? I think that would suit Tibet nicely.

Also yeah that leader screen looks sweet.

This topic should be split into two parts.

One part for Tibet and one for showing off the mods that you are working on. Right now there are two different conversations going on, making this thread hard to follow or contribute too.

that said I'd like to help test tibet and give feed back.

The missionary buff is of (very) variable strength, I think. It's not made more powerful by being in multiple cities, but it can be very powerful if you get your religion started early or if you take certain beliefs (Interfaith Dialogue, for instance). The Great Mosque (with free mosque) gives nice bonuses beyond the missionary thing, it's true, but each Stupa gives 1 Culture and 1 Happiness beyond what a normal Temple gives, so that adds up pretty quickly too.
Which is why I suggest removing the other bonuses, so you're just left with a temple that gives missionaries an extra spread.

Also yeah that leader screen looks sweet.
Yes, it's really nice!

Which is why I suggest removing the other bonuses, so you're just left with a temple that gives missionaries an extra spread.

I think it's just a poor effect to transfer to the UB. If you want to keep the extra missionary spread I say move it to the UA instead of the culture from civilian units. The culture from the civilian units is just repeating the mechanic of the UU, even if you change it to faith you're still using the same mechanic twice within the same civ.

Attempt Nº2

Primoroso!

Though, some shopping with the town is still rather evident. Perhaps try moving Salah around to cover up?

An idea I've had for a while now for a Tibetan civ was to give them a bonus yeild on mountain tiles (initial 1:c5gold:, 1:c5production:, after theology is researched +1:c5culture: and +1:c5faith:). In addition to this, allow workers and great people to be able to cross mountains (like Carthage) and be able to build trading posts, great tiles and maybe even pastures if you can change script to allow sheep to spawn on mountains.

Personally, I think your civ is fine the way it is, with perhaps only a decrease in the :c5culture: per turn from the Himalayan Cavalry, or change it so it starts at 1 and increases per era. As for the stuppa, maybe drop the happiness and add 1 faith or something similar (as it's effect is still limited to how many missionaries you can attain).

Okay, so we get that it's a bad choice. What about the faith / culture from mountain tiles?

I think that's good. Maybe various techs keep adding bonuses to mountains (food with Animal Husbandry, Culture with Construction, Faith with Philosophy) until, in the mid/late game, Mountains are actually some of the best tiles you can work—but you have to settle near them early, when they're still not very productive.

I think that's good. Maybe various techs keep adding bonuses to mountains (food with Animal Husbandry, Culture with Construction, Faith with Philosophy) until, in the mid/late game, Mountains are actually some of the best tiles you can work—but you have to settle near them early, when they're still not very productive.

I'll talk to our Lua experts - I know we can have a tech enhanced yield for a building and a yield for a feature from a building, but I don't know if we can combine the two

Top Bottom