More Civilisations

...I like the Eagle icon that InsanelyApple has posted, but I think a bit more detail wouldn't go amiss (maybe the lines in the wings and an eye?) Also, I think the colours will be an inverse of the ones from the Ayyubids in the Renaissance scenario, since that colour scheme has apparently been taken by Assyria.

Seconded on both counts. I like to see the detail on the wings and the neckline as well myself.
MeisterGoat made a cool flag too, something like that but closer to the coat of arms would appeal to me. :)

Hey, I found this:

Spoiler :

So, with that as a base:

The model is the Russian Knight from danrell, reskinned as a Mamluk...

That (and of course the other leaderheads in this thread) look fantastic.

So, thanks to Leugi, not only do we have the awesome Mameluke model you see above, but we also now have the leaderhead for the Mughals. Without further ado, I present Akbar!

I'm absolutely impressed. I find absolutely zero fault with this. Leugi, this is your magnum opus as of now :goodjob:

unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble producing a decent logo. Is there a vector artist in the house?

Heh, thanks Leugi!

But now that I've looked more closely at the ItR Ayyubids, an icon for the civ itself is also needed. I like the Eagle icon that InsanelyApple has posted, but I think a bit more detail wouldn't go amiss (maybe the lines in the wings and an eye?) Also, I think the colours will be an inverse of the ones from the Ayyubids in the Renaissance scenario, since that colour scheme has apparently been taken by Assyria.

The first one was to see if you would like it. (Plus, I didn't know what you meant by flag...)

Took me a while to figure out how to make the lines in the wings not appear pixelated. Here is two different versions with different amounts of feathering on the lines in the wings. (These are slightly old. The only difference is the new one has a border around the circle. I didn't feel like uploading new copies just for a small detail.)

.5 px of feathering
Spoiler :
see edit

1 px of feathering
Spoiler :

Does anybody have the icon for the Ayyubids from the Renaissance scenario handy? I would like it to inverse the colors.

EDIT: Ah, whatever. Here is the newest version of the .5 px version. The only difference is it has the border.

Spoiler :

I may have to play with the feathering a bit more on the lines in the wings. What do you think?

The first one was to see if you would like it. (Plus, I didn't know what you meant by flag...)

Took me a while to figure out how to make the lines in the wings not appear pixelated. Here is two different versions with different amounts of feathering on the lines in the wings. (These are slightly old. The only difference is the new one has a border around the circle. I didn't feel like uploading new copies just for a small detail.)

.5 px of feathering
Spoiler :
see edit

1 px of feathering
Spoiler :

Does anybody have the icon for the Ayyubids from the Renaissance scenario handy? I would like it to inverse the colors.

EDIT: Ah, whatever. Here is the newest version of the .5 px version. The only difference is it has the border.

Spoiler :

I may have to play with the feathering a bit more on the lines in the wings. What do you think?

Here's my approach.

Here's my approach.

Well, you won. I didn't expect any less. Especially considering I still have to look at your tutorial when I make an icon. :lol:

EDIT: How did you make the lines on the wings so smooth? Were you using vector graphics? (I'm still learning how to use those.)

Also, big props on the Mamlouk flag!

Well, you won. I didn't expect any less. Especially considering I still have to look at your tutorial when I make an icon. :lol:

EDIT: How did you make the lines on the wings so smooth? Were you using vector graphics? (I'm still learning how to use those.)

Nope, raster graphics. I work with sources generally in the 800px to 1000px range.

Though, the icon for the Misssissippians was a vector.

Here's my approach.

That looks fantastic - could you send it over to Sukritact so he can include it in the atlas? We'll need an alpha too, but that can be separate.

wow. that is awesome

about the Mughal icon; It's already excellent. I'd personally get rid of the lion's eye and sun's face.
I'm not sure - the lion doesn't really look fierce enough, and the sun rays are 'chunky' for lack of a better word. Take a look at the Mughal flag:

I'll send him the PSD. It's worth noting that it will be ProjectCiv's Master PSD for Civ Icons, so yeah. You can turn on and off various logos and just change colours of certain layers on the fly.

Also, Akbar needs to send a scout out and remove all that fog.

One question, if you're going to do the Mughals, what will you do to India's UB?

The Ayyubid icon looks great Irk...

Irkalla said:
I'm absolutely impressed. I find absolutely zero fault with this. Leugi, this is your magnum opus as of now

Magnum Opus? Man I learn new words everyday... And thanks a lot :goodjob:

Also, Akbar needs to send a scout out and remove all that fog.

Indeed, if he were in BNW he'd never get to found the World Congress like that!

It looks absolutely beautiful. I'm just wondering whether it represents the Ayyubids or not. Edit: so it's Florence? Very possibly the best leaderhead I've seen from a mod then.

P.S. Why is he holding nunchucks?

It looks absolutely beautiful. I'm just wondering whether it represents the Ayyubids or not. Edit: so it's Florence? Very possibly the best leaderhead I've seen from a mod then.

P.S. Why is he holding nunchucks?
Tuscany or Italy, and he's holding a scroll! :lol:

Top Bottom