Is civilization 5 over?

Civ 5 Complete is released...

Do it mean Civ 5 is dead for now or it will be be some more dlcs or others stuffs ?

Because i have not seen any content from Rhye, not its Earth map or no scenarios ala Rise and Fall...

Civ 6 will be surely great but after two expansions and a full bunch of DLCs...
Like Civ5...

The question : Civ 5 dead or not ?

:confused:

Frankly I doubt it. Knowing Fireaxis they will milk as much money possible out of this thing, then they'll start seriously developing Civ 6

I expect some sort of spin-off utilizing the Civ V mechanics ala Colonization! Or Railroads! Or Pirates!

Moderator Action: Please continue this discussion in the thread to which anandus linked. Threads merged.

I do not hope that Civ 5 is dead... :(

Because one more expansion or some DLC would be nice...

You see Europa Universalis ? Still DLC after "Complete" version...

;)

The question : Civ 5 dead or not ?

:confused:

It seems too blunt a question, and I say no because civ 5 already has the potential to keep going. Unless civ 6 covers every single major issue with civ 5, I see no point with civ 6. Or if civ 4 fans expect some of their features in civ 6 then I imagine a combination of SMAC and civ 5 in civ 6:

- stacked units, but maximum limit set to something like 3 (max 1 melee, max 1 ranged, max 1 non-combatant including general). Same applies to ships.
- any successful melee kills against one stacked unit will damage the rest of the group a fair bit.
- artillery is weaker against units but does collateral damage on stacked units.
- non-artillery missile units are (again) weaker against cities and have only +1 range but they can also cause some collateral damage but not as much. If rocket launchers are in game, they deal more collateral damage.
- City stength grows much more slowly until renaissance era when it grows faster. City bombardment still exists but its range depends on whether it's on a hill or not. Cities also have some resistance to collateral damage (about 50% reduction depending on defensive buildings).
- melee siege gear is available to all civs not just Huns and Assyrians and they have bonus resistance to missiles but a combat penalty against melee attacks. Continues until end of medieval era. Missile artillery has double combat bonus when attacking them (stone vs wood + steel ram/tower? Should take out a lot of HP)

Conclusion: if many people agree with these combat rules for civ 6, then I change my mind and say yes, civ 5 may well be dead.

A patch could likely make its way to CiV. We had a patch after the Civilization IV Complete Edition came out, so it wouldn't hurt to do it again.

can it be over if it never really begun?

single player - no AI yet

synchronous multiplayer - doesn't work yet, and certainly not in some turn-based fashion

play by email - maybe this is the only working part of civ 5?

It seems too blunt a question, and I say no because civ 5 already has the potential to keep going. Unless civ 6 covers every single major issue with civ 5, I see no point with civ 6. Or if civ 4 fans expect some of their features in civ 6 then I imagine a combination of SMAC and civ 5 in civ 6:

- stacked units, but maximum limit set to something like 3 (max 1 melee, max 1 ranged, max 1 non-combatant including general). Same applies to ships.

Since the game already allows 2-stacks (1 combatant, 1 civilian) this is just the oft-repeated suggestion of '1 ranged, 1 melee' stack, which is not suitable because of the power of ranged units.

What should be done is to adopt a different idea from Civ IV: 'standard' ranged units (archer path, missile cavalry and chariots) lose the ranged attack and gain something like Civ IV's 'first strike'; ranged attacks as we have them now would then be restricted to siege and naval ranged units, in a similar way to the Civ IV bombard ability.

And yes, the melee siege path should be implemented for everyone - not least because that allows for coding the AI to use it, whereas now it struggles to use these special units because there isn't a set of general instructions for melee siege units in the code.

Well it is very possible that it may not be Civ 6 as Eagle Pursuit said. Firaxis may put their effort in a game more like Alpha Centauri, or the sort. It's very easily possible. Btw my first post. Yayyyy :king::king::D:D

I am really hoping they do at least one more balance pass to unnerf wide empires. BNW was a big departure from the base mechanics of G&K, which was a good thing, but I really miss there being more of a point to expanding, besides just Domination victories.

I know this is just a dream, but I would love more DLC in the shape of more civs. I think a grand job has been done overall with civ 5, and I have found it utterly absorbing since I bought it over a year ago. (I know I was very late buying it, but when I tried civ 4 out many moons ago I didn't like it at all and presumed 5 would be similar). I will happily keep on playing civ 5 until version 6 comes out!

With Civ 5 Complete I think thats a clear sign that there are no more expansions to come. But I really would like another balance patch & Into The Renaissance Deluxe - A proper medieval scenario; extra units, buildings, resources, Playable Venice, Genoa, Poland, Trade routes, pre-established Civs

Yeah, probably is.. They wouldn't call it "Complete Edition'' if it wasn't. Ah a little sad... :(
Everything the game went through these 3+ years... over. But.. It ain't the end of CIV!! So let us not despair, CIV 6 is on the way!!

I hope so, sooner rather than later. I want to see a GalCiv type Diplomacy...i.e. a gradual degradation of diplomatic relations which can lead to war. Not a friend nuking you out of nowhere. How do you plan that?

Funny that this is the end of civ 5's life cycle and I may just be hopping aboard lol.

Civ 4 vs Civ 5 with BNW

Let me preface by saying I'm a massive fan of Civ4. So many wasted hours. I hated Civ 5 a lot when it came out. Not the 1st few rounds, not at all. But sometime after an hour or so of playing it seemed like there wasn't enough interesting micromanagement to do and the lack of religion to me was criminal.

So now with BNW out and the expansion getting mostly rave reviews, is it enough that I should give it a go considering I'm a big Civ 4 fan? I hope this isn't opening a can of worms, honest question and I appreciate feedback!

Top Bottom