JFD's The World According to Modders

Well, I don't want to say who it is yet, since I stole them directly from my WIP Bohemian Mod... You'll probably be able to tell who it is by looking at the name of the icon though.
AW_LeaderIcons.zip

If I can offer any help with coding I'll gladly do so - or at least try - but I won't be able to get to it until tomorrow.

EDIT: Looking through other peoples' chosen peace/war themes, I can see I'm not alone in choosing 2SFH ;)

Here is my new symbol by the way ;):

Spoiler :

If anyone else would like to be included then let me know.

I'm sorely tempted to try... except that a) I know I haven't really contributed nearly as much to these forums as many, and b) I'm having a tough time scraping together enough assets to make a proper civ. I'm still wondering if I wouldn't just be better off trying to mod it in as something custom for myself once I've gotten everything together... X3

If you do manage to come up with something for yourself, then I've no problem with adding you in :)

All right, I'll try and give it a shot, then! I think I can bodge together the UU/UB/UIs from the various projects I've got going at the moment, but I'm not sure I can do the UA on my own. Given that I'd consider my most distinguishing trait to be the fact that I'm busily trying to learn from everyone else's efforts, I was thinking the UA would be something like "Fantastic Dreams -- Gains increased science from trade routes and Research Agreements", or something. Or something similar with culture, perhaps.

Also have to track down some art assets, and give those icon-making tutorials another try!

As an alternate (i.e. can replace current icon, or not, whatever sounds good) leader icon, I was thinking something like this for myself:

I may not too good with graphics, but I do like squids. :lol:

Also, as an alternate UB, we could use the Eklesia from my as-yet-to-be-released Georgia civ.

As for the UA, I've tried to code the dummy building that gives -1 delegate, but I wasn't able to find any lua function for spy surveillance except Player.HasEstablishedSpySurveillance, but we'd need it to be Set, not Has. So I'll have to rethink that.

Still not sure about the UU. But I've decided that since I'm not particularly fond of any of my civs' UUs to the point that I'd want it here, so I'd like to create a completely new unit. Probably some kind of rifleman... I was thinking "+1% combat per battle entered" as its ability, but I'm not sure how modable that is.

And lastly, to replace me on the modder map, may I suggest danrell? I owe about half of my unit graphics to him. :)

---

So, one more folder - it contains the alternate UB assets, alternate leader icons, the unitgraphics I have for the rifleman, the art defines (the unit name I put in is tentative) for the unit and some SQL to define the UA dummy building. Hopefully some of that is useful. And I can help code anything that remains undone.

AW_MoreAssets.zip

Cool, thanks. Danrell is already a Militaristic CS, too.
Oh, he is? I didn't find him on either map. What about JTitan then?
EDIT: Found Danrell on the Europe map
Actually, do you just have a list of everyone used?

Also, for the city names, I'm assuming we're doing that capitals of civs we've made? If so:
Spoiler :
In no particular order

- Bern (Switzerland)
- Aghat/Ghat (south-western Libya)
- Taipei (northern Taiwan)
- Inuvialuit (technically a tribal name, and somewhere in the northern part of Canada's Northwest Territories)
- Knossos (middle of Crete)
- Harappa (somewhere in eastern Pakistan, up the Indus River)
- Mitla (near Oaxaca in Mexico)

And upcoming capitals... (so still not released)

- Prague (middle-westernish Czech republic)
- Tbilisi (middle-easternish Georgia)

WHERE THE CITIES ARE: (Warning: Very big image)
Spoiler :

It didn't come out well when I resized it. :sad:
But hopefully the descriptions of the city locations will make it more clear

Yup, that's how cities are chosen. Thanks for the list - makes my job easier :)

JTitan's there as well - I've got something like 41 CS, so it's not absolutely necessary to come up with a replacement.

On the Europe map, Danrell is in Brittany, though I think I may have forgotten him for the Earth map (as with JTitan, it looks like). I'll add them for the next update.

Hey look AW is wimpy in-game too!
Spoiler :

I must add myself, due to vanity.

Senshidenshi - France (Still waiting for Art and lua)
Begin the game without Agriculture. Each Great Work of Art boosts Science production by 10%

(Either you can steal this, or I'll just mod it in myself XD)

Hey look AW is wimpy in-game too!
Spoiler :

So stop trespassing on my territory! :p

And amazingly, on the Earth map the me city-state isn't too far from where I actually live. I'd bet it's only 1 state off.

(Also JFD, that's one "G" too many. When I named myself, apparently I didn't know how to spell "Aggressive". I really, really wish I could change my name. :blush:)

And whose Harappa is actually going to end up on next version's map? Mine or Tomatekh's?

Sure, I can add you in, once you've gathered some more art assets and decided upon uniques :)

Oh yes. Let's have some fun with this.

senshidenshi - France (Still Waiting for Art and lua)
Begin the game without Agriculture. Each Great Work of Art boosts Science production by 10%

Capital: Hanoi (Currently the civ I'm waiting on Lua and Art for)

UA: E-Warrior
Just a stronger version of the warrior.
Help Text: Replaces Warrior. Much stronger than the usual warrior. Should also have a special effect, but the lua isn't finished yet.
Notes: Go on google translate and all will be revealed

UI: Polder
From the Netherlands ;)
Help Text: Yes, it's the Dutch one. We'll change it later.
Notes: This will one day be the majestic and slightly OP baray

Alright, the last UA got shot down due to Firaxis giving minimal espionage lua functions to work with. :cringe:
I guess we could replace it with:
It's Always a Secret - All cities gain -25% enemy spy stealing rate. 1 Fewer Delegate in the World Congress. +5% to Production and Science in all cities per opponent that you do not have a Declaration of Friendship with.

Then the counterespionage can be coded with just an invisible dummy building. I'm still trying to figure out how to code the last clause... :undecide:

Alternatively, though I wouldn't prefer it, we could do this as a UA:
The Sixteen Nations Plan - All cities gain +5% science, production and gold per opponent you do not have a DoF with. The capital gains +3 culture and all cities gain +5% food per opponent you do have a DoF with.

Anyways, still working on the UU. I've got the artwork - the unit graphics were in one of the other folders, and this new .zip has the icons and unit flag. I've concluded that it will replace the Great War Infantry. For no reason, I just think the unit needs a little attention.

So, one more .zip. It contains the leader icon atlases and let's you switch between the two leader icons. There's also some SQL to let you switch between UBs. Contains the unit icons, also some SQL that defines the dummy buildings for the two UAs. It will all probably make more sense if you read the readme.txt. Hopefully.

AW_SomeMoreAssets.zip

Hey JFD, what's left to do anyway? I might be able to help...

Let me know which UA you want to choose, when you've decided :)

I haven't begun implementing your one yet; so basically all is left (I just released this mod, Louis XIV and the update to CulDiv in the last two days, I need some rest...)

I'll also add a list of the included City-States to the OP, as I've only just now seen you're request to see such.

Hukkak should be a city-state, seeing as he had one of the biggest mods of vanilla.

Top Bottom