[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Civ4Rocks said:
I am playing a game as tasunke of the hippus, it is great! In one of my ffh1 games I had a unit get to 100xp and then it couldn't get any more.:sad: I don't know if that is only in your mod or if that happens in the normal game to (Because I havent got close to 100xp in the normal game). Anyway, in the game I am playing now I got a unit to 100xp. But he countinues to get 1xp from each battle because I have the raider specialty. Right now he is at a 153xp. I would like it better if my units could continue to get lots of XP. Other then that it is awsome! Thanks for such a great mod.:goodjob:

Units can get xp after 100. The only thing that is limited is you can only get 100 xp from barbarians, and heroes stop getting free xp at 100xp. Outside fo that you can earn forever.

Kael,

Do you chose the wonders for your poll ?

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

Do you chose the wonders for your poll ?

The Frog.

Working on it now. The private thread has been created and the team members are posting their feedback in it. I will give them another 12 hours to do so and then I will start the public poll tonight.

Kael said:
Working on it now. The private thread has been created and the team members are posting their feedback in it. I will give them another 12 hours to do so and then I will start the public poll tonight.

Kael,

Ok. Waiting for them.

The Frog.

Hi Kael,

I just made a desktop shortcut for FfH II from the title graphic. It's a little sloppy but if you want to use it, I can clean it up.

Broken Hawk

Attachments

• Fall from Heaven 2 Desktop Shortcut.zip
    1 KB · Views: 64
As the Ljosalfar, I got summoning, which is supposed to allow elven conjurer. However, I cannot train an elven conjurer in my cities. Bug? Or misunderstanding on my part?

Broken Hawk said:
Hi Kael,

I just made a desktop shortcut for FfH II from the title graphic. It's a little sloppy but if you want to use it, I can clean it up.

Broken Hawk

There is already a desktop shortcut in the FfH folder. It isn't installed on the desktop automatically, so you have to move it yourself.

I was playing Elohim on random.

I had built three druids and had 3 treants on the same tile, but I don't think they were grouped. One turn they were there, the next they were gone. I could build more Druids and summon the treants back, but weirdness. I think one of the treants had been summoned by Yvain (or maybe a nature lovin' inquisitor...)

It was away from the border so I don't think any enemy attacked and escaped. I was at war with embers, but they were on another continent and like I said the tile was away from the border.

Sorry that I don't have more about what the root cause may have been. Since then I've been keeping no more than two of any nation-limited units on a tile.

(I was messing around with some summoned unit, strength 7, that may turn on you and become a barbarian unit. I know that when I summoned it, I would move it one tile south from my city which was also one tile east of the stack in question. I just can't see it mattering though. It was only a single attack unit so it would have had to kill 6 units all of the Druids had promotions and the three treants are strength 10.)

I have the Corindale unit. He doesn't have any strength that I can see, so does that mean he can't attack directly?

Once he's reached the hero max at 100, then can he get any more experience if he can't attack directly? Or would his spells give him experience? (Though the spell selection I had picked were non-attack spells. Oops!)

Teg_Navanis said:
There is already a desktop shortcut in the FfH folder. It isn't installed on the desktop automatically, so you have to move it yourself.

The one I made is different. It uses the face of the fallen angel from the title graphic. Check it out.

Broken Hawk said:
Hi Kael,

Broken Hawk

As far as I can tell this is the shortcut but doesn't contain the actual .ico file so it doesn't seem to have any graphic to me.

beorn said:
As the Ljosalfar, I got summoning, which is supposed to allow elven conjurer. However, I cannot train an elven conjurer in my cities. Bug? Or misunderstanding on my part?

You cant build conjurers, you have to upgrade them from a level 3 (level 4 in 0.14) adept.

hawkeye72 said:
I was playing Elohim on random.

I had built three druids and had 3 treants on the same tile, but I don't think they were grouped. One turn they were there, the next they were gone. I could build more Druids and summon the treants back, but weirdness. I think one of the treants had been summoned by Yvain (or maybe a nature lovin' inquisitor...)

It was away from the border so I don't think any enemy attacked and escaped. I was at war with embers, but they were on another continent and like I said the tile was away from the border.

Sorry that I don't have more about what the root cause may have been. Since then I've been keeping no more than two of any nation-limited units on a tile.

(I was messing around with some summoned unit, strength 7, that may turn on you and become a barbarian unit. I know that when I summoned it, I would move it one tile south from my city which was also one tile east of the stack in question. I just can't see it mattering though. It was only a single attack unit so it would have had to kill 6 units all of the Druids had promotions and the three treants are strength 10.)

What version were you playing?

hawkeye72 said:
I have the Corindale unit. He doesn't have any strength that I can see, so does that mean he can't attack directly?

Once he's reached the hero max at 100, then can he get any more experience if he can't attack directly? Or would his spells give him experience? (Though the spell selection I had picked were non-attack spells. Oops!)

Yeap he cant attack, and when he gets to 100xp he wont level any more (there are a few ways to get him more xp, but all obscure things and nothing to useful).

It is possible that he will get an additional free xp for being an arcane unit, but that chance gets lower the more xp he gains so its unlikely (i think it bottoms out at about a 2% chance per turn).

Kael said:
As far as I can tell this is the shortcut but doesn't contain the actual .ico file so it doesn't seem to have any graphic to me.

I'm not sure what I did wrong. Feel stupid. I don't know what happened to the *.ico. I'll try again.

strategyonly said:
HEY Kael, Team!

Like "my" new Infernal Flag, LOL:lol:

:D Heh, very cool.

Kael said:
:D Heh, very cool.

Yeah i finally figured out how to take "any" picture and place it in the flag, really kind of neat. It took me about fifteen hours of searching of:crazyeye: hit and miss but i was determined, LOL. So if anyone needs "any" flag let me know. As long as they already have a pic that is. :lol:

hawkeye72 said:
2.013D -> I am sure I did the download on it, but I can't see how to verify to D patch.

The readme file in the mod/Fall from Heaven 2 013/ directory has the version number in it.

Top Bottom