[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Yeah I hate the warrenty seals. My girlfriend has a Dell but we cannot open her case to replace the god aweful integrated graphics card, which is not supported by any game it seems, or clean out the dust without voiding the computer's warrenty.

What are "elven cottages?"

VladTepes said:
What are "elven cottages?"
Just cottages that are specific to Elven race. Probably the artwork is different. I don't think they have any different effects (yet?)

Sorry, but I haven't played as Elf in a while.

hawkeye72 said:
Just cottages that are specific to Elven race. Probably the artwork is different. I don't think they have any different effects (yet?)

They can be built over forests, that's their special effect :)

Teg_Navanis said:
They can be built over forests, that's their special effect :)

:eek:
Are you serious?!?!? I thought that was the case, but I have yet to be able to build any. Are they exclusively for the Ljosfar (sp?)? Are there any drawbacks, like less commerce?

Can you tell me what the name of the song that you got the sound bite for octopus overlords? I sure would like to have the entire song.

VladTepes said:
:eek:
Are you serious?!?!? I thought that was the case, but I have yet to be able to build any. Are they exclusively for the Ljosfar (sp?)? Are there any drawbacks, like less commerce?

Not at the moment. We are considering some limiting methods.

And although they are initially Ljosalfar only, anyone can make them if you kidnap an elven worker.

Anti-christ said:
Can you tell me what the name of the song that you got the sound bite for octopus overlords? I sure would like to have the entire song.

The Overlords theme is a song from Sting called Desert Rose.

Version 0.14 is set for a public release on Saturday July 15th.

Kael said:

Ack! Now do I start another game or wait?

Heck, I'll probably be finished by then, and I don't want to go cold turkey for a week:D :crazyeye:

Kael said:

YEAH !!!
Five days to wait...:cry:

The Frog

Hello-

Having just returned from a four month hiatus from Civ IV I am SO blown away by the FfH franchise! The original was great - FfH2 is mind numbing in it's depth, ingenuity, and imagination. If I could I would bare your children Kael!

A quick question though & forgive me if it's repeated I tried reading through the posts but by page 20 my eyes started bleeding.
Playing as the Kuriotates I can only build three viable cities. Everything after that is a one pop settlement that builds nothing. Does this persist throughout the game or do the settlements mature at any point? I had a tony map location - was loving the extra city radi - looking forward to founding the Cult & BAM no more cities, just podunk settlements.
Still love the game though!

Seamus

VladTepes said:
Ack! Now do I start another game or wait?

Heck, I'll probably be finished by then, and I don't want to go cold turkey for a week:D :crazyeye:

Luckyly I've just ordered some new games which are set to arrive soon... waiting till sathurday with the release only means that I actually get a chance to try them out. :lol:

ps. With all the cool new stuff planned for 0.14, playing the "old" version (it's only been about a month since the last version update) will almost be a totally different experience.

You guys rock! :goodjob:

seamus75 said:
Hello-

Having just returned from a four month hiatus from Civ IV I am SO blown away by the FfH franchise! The original was great - FfH2 is mind numbing in it's depth, ingenuity, and imagination. If I could I would bare your children Kael!

A quick question though & forgive me if it's repeated I tried reading through the posts but by page 20 my eyes started bleeding.
Playing as the Kuriotates I can only build three viable cities. Everything after that is a one pop settlement that builds nothing. Does this persist throughout the game or do the settlements mature at any point? I had a tony map location - was loving the extra city radi - looking forward to founding the Cult & BAM no more cities, just podunk settlements.
Still love the game though!

Seamus

The Kuriotates only get 3 real cities. The settlements are only there so that they can expand their cultural borders. The advantage is that they only have 3 cities to maintain, and those cities can become "super cities". The disadvantage is of course that they only have 3 real producers.

Its definitly a different sort fo game playing the Kuriotates. Here is a thread all about them: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173034

And there are also some changes coming for them in the 0.14: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171497

Hello-
Thanks for the get back Kael. The limitations definately set them apart from the other civs. I have found that the three cities I have are building things hand over fist (I just thought it was the level I was playing on).
It'll take a bit to get used to the 3 cities things, but it's defeniately not a deterent. Another question...If I go to war with another civ can I capture their larger cities without the pop dropping to 1? I guess I could try it out.

Thanks,
Seamus

Kael,

So many changes from 0.11 to (the expected) 0.14... I know that you have many problems to solve,...but building a (0.14 / improved) Unit Tree would be very usefull for everybody. As those we can watch during the downloads of games....

The Frog.

seamus75 said:
Hello-
Thanks for the get back Kael. The limitations definately set them apart from the other civs. I have found that the three cities I have are building things hand over fist (I just thought it was the level I was playing on).
It'll take a bit to get used to the 3 cities things, but it's defeniately not a deterent. Another question...If I go to war with another civ can I capture their larger cities without the pop dropping to 1? I guess I could try it out.

Thanks,
Seamus

Hi Seamus,

When you capture another civ city, it becomes a settlement if you already have 3 cities. So, with inherent maluses to settlement, the pop will fall to 1 (or 2 if some food improvements).
Sorry....

The Frog.

Top Bottom