downloadble content?

Vietcong

Deity
i know thear will be new game of the weeks that u can download, but i was wondering if any one knows if fixars or what ever ther called will be makeing
downloadble new civilazations, units, wonders ect???
im realy hopeing for a downloadble persia and babilonia!

I've asked this question before too, but didn't get a confirmed answer. But I certainly hope so as well. I see no reason they can't add several civilizations as DLC. Ottomans, Persians, Babylonians, maybe Incas... these civs all need to be added

This is from the CivRev page on Firaxis website:

Downloadable Content: Players with Xbox Live will be able to download extra content like multiplayer maps and scenarios not available to offline players.

Nice... hopefully they decide to pack some civilizations in too. If they included like 8 new civilizations, even if they charged $10 for it like a lot of games do with DLC (for example, the Call of Duty 4 map pack), I'd get it!

Maybe we can start a petition :mischief:

Well it would be very strange if they didnt release all new content on both networks.

But if they were going to release it for both networks, they'd likely state that instead of only mentioning Xbox Live...

Downloaded content will be only maps, they do not have plans to release new civilization, probably by Civilization Revolution II. Think in revolution like a beta test for new civilization players, then probably are going to release a new game with more complicated features and civilizations.

Downloaded content will be only maps, they do not have plans to release new civilization, probably by Civilization Revolution II. Think in revolution like a beta test for new civilization players, then probably are going to release a new game with more complicated features and civilizations.

Well, no offense, but I doubt they're thinking about a Civ Revolution II yet. They haven't even confirmed a Civ V yet, so it's too early for them to plan any sequels for Civ Rev. If Civ Rev does sell well enough, I would not be surprised if they released DLC with extra civilizations since it would be pretty easy for them to do.

it was a guess only.

another question is if i have a downloaded civ, like persia, can i paly with some one who dosent have it online? im sure a patch can fix that...
allso i havent messed with catapults yet in game, how do thay work?? are can u bombard units?

another question is if i have a downloaded civ, like persia, can i paly with some one who dosent have it online? im sure a patch can fix that...
allso i havent messed with catapults yet in game, how do thay work?? are can u bombard units?

If he does not have the civ downloaded , of course you are not going to be able to use that civ. I do not think that is going to happen... mostly maps I know, but complete civs I do not think so.
Pults are not that great to be honest.

Catapults are awesome, just dont let sombody attack them since their defences are quite poor. As far is i know bombardment is not in the game.

Regarding any downloadable content i dont think they'lll release individual DLC's with a single map or civ or whatever. I think they'll do it more like they've done with civ4. Expansion packs with new additions like maps, scenarios and civs. And online all players must have it installed to play it together.

And like i said earlier, i cant possibly see why they would limit it to only one network.

Downloadable Content: Players with Xbox Live will be able to download extra content like multiplayer maps and scenarios not available to offline players.

That's from the 360 game page, so of course it doesn't talk about PSN. :)

The game's description on many pages says that people can download the stuff via LIVE and PSN.

Top Bottom