Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

Quick question, what do fletchers currently do, 2 exp to archery units?

2nd point, The training buildings seem much more useful for people who don't have civics/buildings that give free exp already(as it takes very few turns with a training yard to get to level 2). So currently it acts as a slightly slower version of that. I'm not sure if its intended to be so much less useful with those civics/buildings? I guess the intent was for it to be for builders rather than warmongers.

Doesn't this fact basically mean that its relatively useless for high level ai's, if they are starting with 8 or so exp for free? I guess one fix would be to track free exp(civics/buildings/ai bonus) vs earned exp(either training or combat), and have the training buildings take you to free + 10 at the current rate they take you to 10?

I don't believe that Snowfall was ever available to mere Priests of Winter. It was always level 3, available only to High Priests of Winter (and Auric Ascended, but that is technically a seperate spell). Priests of Winter get upgraded the same way all the other priests do.

Fletchers make archers buildable. They also provide the city a small defensive bonus, but they don't effect xp. They are basically what archery ranges are in vanilla FfH.

I tend to think that giving the AI an increase in the training rate and/or xp based on levels could be a good idea.

Regarding the haunted land gfx...would it be too g-card nuking to have a blue tinged terrain tile with a ghostly looking smoke effect? By that I mean the smoke effect with ghosts in it?

Otherwise, how about the haunted lands being shrouded by a mist?

edit: oh yeah,:bowdown:

I love your idea! Each tile would have to be a different shaped and number of ghosts though, it would make it repetiative if it was the same. Maybe even 1/4 of the tiles have ghosts, it would just be a visual effect.

Also blue tinted terrain would be awesome, while it might take a while to make I would be MORE than happy to have blueish or grey fog as a replacement.

Quick question, what do fletchers currently do, 2 exp to archery units?

2nd point, The training buildings seem much more useful for people who don't have civics/buildings that give free exp already(as it takes very few turns with a training yard to get to level 2). So currently it acts as a slightly slower version of that. I'm not sure if its intended to be so much less useful with those civics/buildings? I guess the intent was for it to be for builders rather than warmongers.

Doesn't this fact basically mean that its relatively useless for high level ai's, if they are starting with 8 or so exp for free? I guess one fix would be to track free exp(civics/buildings/ai bonus) vs earned exp(either training or combat), and have the training buildings take you to free + 10 at the current rate they take you to 10?

Yes, the free XP from Difficulty level means that Training XP is nearly useless to the AI. It may be worthwhile to move the Difficulty settings from flat out free XP to instead be a TrainingXP rate/cap for all unitcombats, but for now I'm decently happy with how it works. The AI takes the free XP they gain into account when deciding how much value to place in a building which grants an XP cap/rate bonus.

And yes, the instant XP from Civics and a few base FfH buildings are meant for the warmongers, get something now, get to work. Training XP is meant for the builders, invest heavily, bide your time, get a larger payoff. The difference in level you can reach isn't very severe, but that is because this is only the first part of the builder enhancement we are working on. Next chunk will be huge and significant, hopefully making that playstyle become a valid option.

Patch D
1. Haunted Lands graphics updated.
2. Brigit Scale/Animation updated.
3. Austrin Recurve Archers buildable again.
4. Scions event triggers fixed (shouldn't trigger for team mates)
5. Scions pedia/help text updated for some units.
6. Missing "goody" text key added.
7. Hauntstalk artstyle temporarily disabled (solves artstyle issues with some Scions units).
8. Scions cannot build cottages on desert-city tiles.
9. Included some fixes that should have been in from FfH Patch H but were missed.

oh... and 10. Vista works.

Fletchers make archers buildable. They also provide the city a small defensive bonus, but they don't effect xp. They are basically what archery ranges are in vanilla FfH.
My question was due to the fact I was playing dwarves(khazad), and I could build the dwarven archer replacement without having the fletcher. Should perhaps make the building not available for dwarves(and with rock hurling units, fletchers don't really make sense anyhow)?

I could have sworn at some point in FF(or it could have been some other modmod I guess), that archery ranges were removed as a requirment for archers, and instead gave free xp.

Yes, vista is working now (with patch D), I can finally get past the map generation screen. :crazyeye: :goodjob: .

Out of sheer curiosity, what was bugging up vista in the first place?

Yes, vista is working now (with patch D), I can finally get past the map generation screen. :crazyeye: :goodjob: .

Out of sheer curiosity, what was bugging up vista in the first place?

An overflow error in the DLL, which XP ignored but Vista decided was a potential security flaw (which technically it could have been). Once that was dealt with, problem solved.

Kinda odd that Vista's approach to dealing with "potential security flaws" is to crash the program without feedback though...

An overflow error in the DLL, which XP ignored but Vista decided was a potential security flaw (which technically it could have been). Once that was dealt with, problem solved.

Kinda odd that Vista's approach to dealing with "potential security flaws" is to crash the program without feedback though...

Nah, that sounds par for the course as far as Vista is concerned.

Nah, that sounds par for the course as far as Vista is concerned.

Bad would be it reports you to Homeland Security.

My buddy's copy of Vista filed a lawsuit against him. You can check to see if the same thing happened to you by clicking on MySubpoenas.

Current Version Changelog

Patch D
1. Haunted Lands graphics updated.
2. Brigit Scale/Animation updated.
3. Austrin Recurve Archers buildable again.
4. Scions event triggers fixed (shouldn't trigger for team mates)
5. Scions pedia/help text updated for some units.
6. Missing "goody" text key added.
7. Hauntstalk artstyle temporarily disabled (solves artstyle issues with some Scions units).
8. Scions cannot build cottages on desert-city tiles.
9. Included some fixes that should have been in from FfH Patch H but were missed.

oh... and 10. Vista works.
(Jean Elcard)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Thanks so much. That was fast.

Oh my gosh! You updated haunted lands already! I LOVE YOU!

*Crosses fingers and PRAYS it doesn't break my turn 300+ scions game*

IT BROKE MY SAVE AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS THE SECOND SCIONS GAME THAT BROKE WRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG!!!!!

*Calms down*

A warning when the patch breaks the game would be kick butt.

Is the In-game flag supposed to show the Current Patch the game is running? If so, I can't get anything past patch A to instal.

after 150 turns as Scions i have STILL not got any awakened

An upcoming version will have the % per turn of an Awakened spawning. To increase the odds you can:

Add to capital's population
Get Patrian Artifact resources (each increases the odds)
Get other luxury resources (most increase the odds)
Build Shrines to Kylorin, Temples of the Gift/Imperial Cenotaphs, Halls of the Covenant, or the Flesh Studio
Switch to Aristocracy

Legates can "capture" Reborn via combat.

If you're aware of all that... then you should treasure the fact that luck has handed you a challenging game. :)

Add to capital's population
Get Patrian Artifact resources (each increases the odds)
Get other luxury resources (most increase the odds)
Build Shrines to Kylorin, Temples of the Gift/Imperial Cenotaphs, Halls of the Covenant, or the Flesh Studio
Switch to Aristocracy

i had pop 4,
5 patrian artifacts
silk, gold and gems
and shrine of kylorin and still nill. :( there should be a maximum period between spawns i think. if it goes too long without a spawn regardless of the factors it should pop one anyway.

I have got absolutely no pbms of awakened spawning in my current game. Having numerous small cities (+a big capital) building the spawning buildings worked well for me. (patch B game)

Top Bottom