JEELEN's Civ2 Scenarios

Ah, OK. Well, since Test of Time is a Civ2 version ToT uploads are just included in the Civ2 Downlads Database. Just make sure it says "ToT" on your Download Page (and announcement). ;)

Jeelen i have another question.well whats the most amount of cities you can have on a giga map in test of time?
now its 100 AD
3 new city regions i could fit in were
1.New england ,usa
2.Bulgaria-romania ,balkans
3.Tohoku Region ,japan

March 7
you were right 255 territories is the maximum .the fact that 255 tiles is the maximum means that its all the more important to make Antartica Smaller. even in year 2010 less than a class one city (10,000people) lives there even semi permanently. and the universe i have covers over 100 thousand tiles .each tile represents about 5,000 Square miles. the old original game it was possibly higher than 10,000 miles but it was a smaller map .Eastern hemiphere is now 4 tiles south
its 1450AD the USA is finished all cites placed.They will be the player Empire . goal is 400 million becasue the colony of Philiphines.

March 8
1500 AD india now at 55 million people.Antartica is now 4 tiles south.i can get it 6 tiles south by end of the week. a new territory is created called outback states its 3 western most states of Australia.im now deleteing cities of 4 million people.im considering not Hawaii and alaska with be deleted eventually. i see another place i could insert more land and that is the Philiphines and Taiwan. i know its possible to have 3 cities in the philiphines so im going to set that up. Malay Penninsula is too small it should be longer north to south it needs 2 tiles inserted ill get that done by this friday.

March 9
added the 5th tile of land in middle france.now theres more space inbetween paris and amsterdam. West Ny-Pa now has enough people. hawaii's population is in california,Alaska's in Washington-Oregon . I decided to make 1935 the year to begin casue nothing hapins from 1930 to 1935 territory with the empires except for Japan invading manchuria region china. had i picked germany instead of France its another story. but the scenario is designed to go off into the far future with space fareing and france is the people for that.

March 10
its 1766 AD ,USA population still second highest and is now at 175.82 million Commonwealth is at 292.18 million but still no settlement in Burma but australia is complete. Indonesia and Kenya now has settlement

March 11
Antartica now 7 tiles south.Goal is 8 tiles south and then the map is finished its the year 1870AD USA population at 247.24 Million. i decided to not try get rid of all of Antartica afterall. its impossible to convert gigmap fully into duck flanders nice world. but i was partially succsessfull. India now at 92.83 Million.

March 12
1927 now only 8 game years to completetion. population of Russia is nearly complete i might have to consolidate a few cities in russia together. inthinking of merging baltic states and belarus even though baltic states were independent in 1935. they can be a protectorate or something. baltic states are not populus enough to be there own territory. so far northern most city on map is North west russia city which st.petersburg is apart of.
this Scenario Will Be Ready by the 15th.

March 13
i run into the problem of global warming. the terrain of the map keeps mutating . i guess a billion people is too much for the world. i keep trying to change the terrain back but its costing me alot of time other wise the scenario would be finished already

March 14
year 1938 American population At 310.88 million . also much of the US now has a population exceding real life except for Newyorkcity-Philidelphia seem to get it up to real life goal for it is 25 million also im trying my hardest to keep technoligy like it was in 1930's but they keep researching tech from the latter half of the 20th century. i set the scenario for 1939 casue nothing happins from 1935 to 1939 like i said it is a scenario for going into the far future with space faring and conquest of alpha centauri.

I think you should put it in your own thread and link to it (so people can comment). Also possibly add some screenshots and a little bit more info, at least to the Download Page. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot you already had a thread... But screenies would be nice anyway. ;)

hey jeelen i have another question for you. now that i got the gigamap starting to look like i want it. is there anyway i could save the map and use it in a brand new game? casue i dont want to spend 200 hours making the terrain diffrent again. and it would be great to share this map with the rest of the civ2 scenario creators on here. so let me know how to save the map. i knew how to do it in the original game but i forgot. i think i might have to get a utility program or something. is there a utility program that can work with giga maps?

Not that I know of, but I haven't been up to date with Civ2 utilities of late. Normally you should be able to save and savegame with Save As as a mp. file (just change the extension from.sav to.mp). However, that might not work - you just have to try. McMonkey has done several ToT conversions, so he might know more. ;)

:goodjob: Just uploaded: 1492

Players may well remember the Age of Discovery scenario that came with the original Civ II scenarios. I've taken the AoD scenario and combined it with units from the Hi-Res modpack on a giant worldmap. So expect A LOT of exploration! In fact without it you won't accomplish much as the research rate is quite slow. This was done to simulate the Age of Discovery and because the file contains two versions:

- 1492 (I) is the real Age of Discovery scenario. Play 500s turns, research is capped, contains the AoD Spice1 Terrain special;

- 1492 (II) is the open ended scenario. Plays 500 turns, but research continues beyond the Renaissance era, uses normal Terrain.

More info/download here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14584

Thanks Jeeleen that actually worked i can now use this map and continue to improve apon it. the map got really messed up from the effects of global warming it will take me a month or so to modifiy it again like it was. i will keep trying to make this scenario. im going to try to make a new scenario where the space travel begins after the year 2030. so the scenario should be ready in a month. i just got done moving antartica its 11th tile south. i see places where i could try move More south. in the east its Newsouth wales including Australian Capital territory is 313,438 miles big and has 41 tiles but this is not enough casue each tile is 7,644 square miles. in the americas its canada because the maritimes provinces are not as detailed as the Duckflanders map cause nova scotia does not look right. i just got done making the baltic coast longer. and as a bonus i was able to make enough room for one more city. now the island of Great britain has 3 cities they are Northern Great Britain which is Scotland and some counties of England such as York . the other two cites are Leeds and London.

Top Bottom