Modern Alliances

hopefully its finished by this weekend as i would love to put some serious time to making one this weekend altho im now torn on whether to still do 1920 or 1900.

if we have to start again then we have to start again but if i had to do it all over then you need to put something in place to make it doesnt happen again as its happened to a good few scenarios now. its alot of work down the drain. specialy this one as it took ages to do all the cities and f**k me it took ALOT of effort and time to do the ww1 navies. as for smaller world map im sure people who have less powerful pcs would like smaller maps but not me. i only like the big maps and i even wish there was bigger one than the GEM map lol. any scenario i may make i would prefer it to be a on as bigger of a map as possible lol.

Im 90% confident I can fix it, i was just saying im not sure exactly when, trust me i do not want to start over again!

Im actually pretty sure since roamty edited it, even though it doesnt work, Jamie can make a debug one to see the errors, it just wont have unit trades for now, so not to bad, I will private message him since im sure it will get overposted

i hope so my friend as to say i would be annoyed to have to do it all again would be an understatement lol but in all seriousness you should consider trying to put something in place so when you update your mod we dont have to scrap all the scenario work you or me have done as if it happens with 1914 it wont be by any means the first time weve had to do it is it.

Not really anything I could do, I assumed it worked, but i never played it you know? It loaded and worldbuilded fine, and since not everything was in palce i never

Aob! great news! for whatever reason it worked!I have no idea why, I really do not, but i passed the first turn and no crash like it did before. It might have something to do with the new dll, not sure though. Tomorrow I will "finish" the three scenarios (1914, indonesia, korea). 1914 will be pretty close to done, indonesia will need some more ideas (that we can brainstorm) and korea will be without the future wars (just N vs S for now, because i dont want to mess with python, i just want to get the mod out, with scenarios that people can play)

theres a few things need changing with 1914.
-i need to fix the chinese/indian border.
-i need to change some ships with the japanese navy. all there dreadnoughts were described where i got my info from as "semi-dreadnoughts" so i put them as pre-dreadnoughts with few strength promotions but i now think that was wrong and i should of just put them as dreadnoughts and there was atleast one ship was called an battlecruiser but it was built before battlecruisers were invented so i think it should just be a cruiser.
-when i did the russian navy. you had an russian UU for pre-dreadnought when actually it should be a UU for an dreadnought so if you changed it as i asked you at the time then now all the russian pre-dreadnoughts are now dreadnoughts so they need changing.

but no one will notice so no reason i cant do it after you release them.

you dont seem as excited as i though :p

yes i did fix that russian dreadnought thing

May i make a suggestion though? i dont want to mess with the navies so i suggest you doing it when you do the other ones. The navies need to be changed up a bit. When i take my turn as germany (skip turn right away, no playing), in japan and europe and anywere else, i loose most of my ships and 90% of the battles. The ships are in squares by ship, so when the enemie has a square of 30 strength ships and a square of 20 strength ships, and i have the same, whoever gets the first turn wins automatically. By default the AI will attack all the 20 strength ships with their 30 strength ship, and win most of them. 50% of the german navy is gone after one turn, which is beyond inacurate.

I suggest two solutions
1)mix up the square a bit, doesnt need to be to fancy but just half and half. Just search the scnearios xml document for the name of a ship, copy and paste all the units info to another square
2)Give the weaker ones promotions

1) will fix the solution, and 2 will help a bit but i beleive 2 is still a little important for gameplay

i wanted to get on with an new scenario. when i handed 1914 back to you id had enough as it took soooo much to do the navies lol.

thing about the navies. has we talked about before and decided. while now i can see they do need mixing up at the time i needed to do the navies like that as it was the only way i could make them soo accurate.
As we talked about before they need mixing up even more so now so the weaker units dont get wiped out straight away. i dont think giving weaker units promotes works as it makes them stronger than they actually are. an dreadnought would wipe out weaker units with no problems and giving weaker units promotions would change that balance which would make it incorrect.
when we talked before you said you were going to mix up the units. which i was happy about as i feel ive had enough of 1914 as ive spent alot of time working on it and ive had enough to be honest lol. if it was my scenario rather than spend all the time mixing them up i would just leave them as is even tho i know they do need mixing up so im not sure about that one as you dont seem to want to mix them up now lol.

@ aob, haha you dont gotta, i thought you would want to since you did all the navies, im going to release next update w/o scenarios because you need it and scenarios arent ready. WW1 needs a lot of editing with the units (right now all units are set to defend cities so western fronts just disappears, need to change that), indonesia needs so much work as well as korea still needs some editing

@gigi, what do you mean? in 2000? meaning the year? its a 1914 scneario so if you mean the year then no it is the start of ww1

@ aob, haha you dont gotta, i thought you would want to since you did all the navies, im going to release next update w/o scenarios because you need it and scenarios arent ready. WW1 needs a lot of editing with the units (right now all units are set to defend cities so western fronts just disappears, need to change that), indonesia needs so much work as well as korea still needs some editing

GOOD!!!! lol i will still do those issues i mentioned before tho. wont take long to fix and alot easier doing my self than trying to explain all the detail to you so you can do it lol.

@ dacubz145 when are you going to release the next update? if you could do it night then i could work on the next scenario this weekened i would appreciate it thank you.

you remember i mentioned that civ5 scenarios i checked out. the one which actually was decent i posted on its forum a list of wars he missed. he just posted an Visitor Message on my profile asking for some help with wars as he converting his scenario from 1885 to 1920 lol check out what he posted on my profile if you get time.

Top Bottom