The Last of the Civworthy

I would like to see map of the world, with all the civ's from all the previous games all on it, and then we could see what parts are under-represented, which I think would show the most civworthy civilizations. I'd do it, but I'm super lazy...

For me, the most important factor is having civ's from everywhere, not just Europe or the Mediterranean / middle east.

It is a game, just a game, am I right?
No more arguing
The idea is to make money from a product.
So, no Armenia, no Khmers, no Bulgaria is logical as including them wouldnt bring more sales.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL

I think Khmer, Cartage, Ethiopia, Sumeria, maybe Hittite and some others should be included eventually. Sorry if I'm being repetitive.

So, no Armenia, no Khmers, no Bulgaria is logical as including them wouldnt bring more sales.

You realize the Khmer were included in Civ4, right?

having Khmer and Siam in the same game is little unnecessary, that would be like having Belgium and the Netherlands in the same game.

Or Mali/Songhai. Anyway, I think Phonecia and Assyria are civ-worthy. There are plenty more, the question is just which is the most civ-worthy.

By the way, I noticed some gaps on the map:
Northern North America, although Alaska should be filled in. Canada is also blank, so I guess colonies don't count. Anyways, the Inuit could fill his area in. Blank spot in Africa? Kongo, Moors for Sahara. SE Asia? Somewhere in Indonesia, but seems unlikely with Polynesia. Then there are the small gaps like Vietnam or Poland. As for Brazil and Australia, I can't think of a good civ for them.

As far as making the world more represented, South America, Africa and Australia and it's surrounding islands are needing civs the most.

Zulu are an obvious choice for Africa, honestly I don't care if they use ancient or modern civs for the rest of the civs they will add.

As a Chinese, I can hardly understand the obession to include Tibet as a civilization. Surely Tibetan has a distinct culture set apart from Han Chinese, but they are never an influencial empire. It could be said as a regional power, but a regional power should be represented as a city state, not a civilization.

I also cannot help but notice the ignorance towards Jurchens and Khitans. They are both absolute super power in east asia at the hight of their power. Yes, they are sinicized, but Egypt didn't get excluded because its legacy ended when its people become muslin, nor did Carthage get excluded when they become the Roman province of Africa.

Good post - as it turns out, the two Civs I did mods for in Civ3 were... your first two, the Hebrews and the Moors. Hebrews had a Maccabee unit, Moors had a Saracen unit. Civ3 - the last easily modible Civ.

So, to date the already-included civs as I count them are:

1) Aztec
2) Sioux
3) Iroquois
4) Maya
5) Inca
6) America
7) Polynesia
8) Siam
9) Khmer
10) Japan
11) Korea
12) China
13) Mongolia
14) Russia
15) India
16) Byzantium
17) Greece
18) Persia
19) Babylon
20) Sumeria
21) Hittite
22) Arab
23) Ethiopia
24) Zulu
25) Songhai
26) Mali
27) Egypt
28) Carthage
29) Rome
30) Scandinavia (Denmark, Vikings, etc.)
31) German
32) England
33) France
34) Netherlands
35) Spain
36) Portugal
37) HRE
38) Celts
39) Ottoman

So you need 11 more to gain 50 civs. If you combine Mali and Songhai, Khmer and Siam, Germany and HRE you have 36 and need 14 more. Honestly, I'm not sure there's even enough to get to 45, assuming you don't combine any of the others.

If you keep each and every one of the original 39, I'd include:

40) Austrian
41) Mississippi
42) The Moors
43) Kongo
44) Chola
45) Khazar

And I could buy Vietnam, Poland and Phoenicia.

But you cannot forget that this is a game. Where the objective is to enjoy/have fun. Most of the civilizations you have mentioned sound pretty bland and I'd never play them. The Inuit sound much more fun than the others. Then again, that is just my opinion.

Top Bottom