God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

Seriously, can we have a :headdesk: smiley?

Most people associate Boudica with the Celts (or ancient Britons), not with Great Britain. Why would Boudica of the ancient Britons get a spy as her UA? What, did she spy on the Romans or something? London (Londinium) was founded by the Romans, so why would there be a double London issue?

It might be "clear to you" but you're completely wrong. She's been confirmed as the leader of the Celts, as I've tried to point out twice now. No offence but your posts make me :wallbash:.

Good point about the spy, but I said Britain, not Great Britain, aka Britannia aka the southern part of GB that the Romans held during that period.

If she's been confirmed as a leader of the Celts rather then just having the Celts confirmed in addition to having her confirmed separately, which seem to be the case, a fact that I had missed, then obviously I was wrong, but no, you did not point that out. You simply said "of the celts", which sounded like it was your guess about which civ she'd lead.

Finally, nice to see you're able to maintain a civil discussion rather then resorting to personal attacks. Saying "no offense" means absolutely nothing, it's just a phrase used when you know you're about to say something insulting and don't dare to stand up for it.

I think it looks guerilla.
It reminds me of a WW2 Pacific Marine corps soldier.
I don't know why, though.
Edit: I think it's the hat.
Edit2: And the Thompson. The hat actually reminds me more of Vietnam than WW2, but combined with the Thompson my brain says 'Pacific theatre WW2 American marine'

Edit3:
On the other hand, to get back to the guerilla-angle: It also look a bit like Patty Hearst :p

Yes, this applied to pretty much all the communist nations. But I would agree with Louis that the atheism was in official name only; the religions didn't go away.

The persecution and persistence of the Orthodox Churches is little understood or respected in the West.

Wow, Dido looks absoulutely beautiful, love her leader screen!

And the picture confirms that there is gonna be a limited amount of religions in the game, which is stated by the advisor.

wait, so we ARE getting a brand new era? Awesome! Finally! Industrial Era has its' partner! My wish is fulfilled!

wait wait wait

'an entirely new era and tech tree from the Great War (WWI) Era.

New era or a WWI scenario? sounds confusing.

Edit: so they're extending the tech tree to include the WWI period ? cautiously optimisitc (note I said previously I did not want a new era, but a new era to extended industrial might just be what the franchise needs to prevent the headlong rush into mechanized infantry, nukes and such)

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but in the second screenshot the Great Admiral is selected but his only action is to start a golden age...doesn't look like they can build coastal forts. :sad:

Not in the water anyway, but it also doesn't look like it can disembark either, so it probably can't go on land.

I guess it doesn't have a GP improvement, perhaps it can still give some sortof experience/promotion bonus to ships... I doubt it to be honest though.

Yeah. I'm getting the feeling that they are limited to an area effect buff for friendly ships.

Not in the water anyway, but it also doesn't look like it can disembark either, so it probably can't go on land.

I can totally see people hiding their great admirals in their landlocked capitals. Forcing this GP to stay on sea is an obvious and good design choice, it forces you to keep it on your coastal cities and better, keep a navy around to use it.

Now, if they will just reform how puppets are handled to allow for ships to be built, or allow us to build them in a landlocked city and 'ship' the warships to a city via roads.

Or try any of the various suggestions around to provide limited control over puppet cities with some trade off costs -- that is not related to social policy costs.

But didn't one of the articles mention a compound crossbow? Or was that someones UU? If it's a general unit: archer -> crossbow -> compound crossbow -> gatling gunner -> machine gunner

There is a Compound Bowmen or something like that. I would suspect that it goes between archers and crossbowmen, pushing crossbows into the Renessaince. And the English Longbowmen would probably become a UU version of the Compound Bowmen.

I really think that we see the Impi in the great prophet screen... I think Zulu are in.

That symbol really looks like a Maya one (it might be a Holcan?)

Another observation I made, the screen shows it's in the early game.
The celtic archer/bowman unit might be the replacement of the original archer.
Also the Pictish Warrior and the maya unit might replace the warrior or spearman.

Top Bottom