Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

They're also not done.

Didn't you took my suggestion for E&D?

Hey all,

Just giving an update. Sorry it's been so slow here. School has been quite busy for me, but I am still on CivFanatics of course. We're still alive.

... and if he actually means TAL, I'm pretty sure it doesn't - don't think it's been updated since before TAL was released. ;)

Eh, part of the reason I didn't include DRC despite its resources and population is that its government is pretty objectively terrible - just 100% bad. Not even any redeeming qualities.

To that end I'm really looking forward to Eli's Congo led by Patrice Lumumba.

Mao does have both TSL and TAL support.

And Gatoutak is planning a Zaire civ led by Mobutu. Which honestly wasn't strides better than the modern DRC, but at least it has some character to it, what with the wacky dictator, cool flag to make an icon out of, and the Rumble In The Jungle.

How about that for a DRC design?

UA: Africa's Arena
During :c5war: wars, Barbarian 'Rebel encampments' spawn in both yours and your enemy's territory, however your bonus against barbarians is doubled while your enemy's bonus is halved. Barbarians in enemy territory may switch to your side when adjacent to your units, increasing :c5greatperson: Dictator generation for 5 turns after doing so.

UU: Foreign Bodyguard
Replaces landsknecht. Unlike it, may only be acquired during war. Unlocked at the start of the game, the Foreign Bodyguard's strength scales with your military technology. Rather than the Landsknecht's bonuses, it becomes stronger near your :c5capital: capital. Grants a more massive boost(40%) near dictators, though it is much more likely to become barbarian.

UU: Dictator
Replaces great general. Though it grants a greater combat bonus(+25% :c5strength:), it may convert your units into barbarian ones in your territory. In addition to creating a foreign bodyguard, it also causes all units to heal at double rate for 5 turns after being spawned.

During :c5war: wars, Barbarian 'Rebel encampments' spawn in both yours and your enemy's territory, however your bonus against barbarians is doubled while your enemy's bonus is halved. Barbarians in enemy territory may switch to your side when adjacent to your units, increasing :c5greatperson: Dictator generation for 5 turns after doing so.

Replaces landsknecht. Unlike it, may only be acquired during war. Unlocked at the start of the game, the Foreign Bodyguard's strength scales with your military technology. Rather than the Landsknecht's bonuses, it becomes stronger near your :c5capital: capital. Grants a more massive boost(40%) near dictators, though it is much more likely to become barbarian.

Replaces great general. Though it grants a greater combat bonus(+25% :c5strength:), it may convert your units into barbarian ones in your territory. In addition to creating a foreign bodyguard, it also causes all units to heal at double rate for 5 turns after being spawned.

That sounds absolutely crazy and chaotic. I like it :D.

As a joke civ, that would be pretty fun

Argh, it's just killing me looking at all these civ designs and knowing I wont be playing most of them for a year or more :p

On another note, what determines if a "modern" civ will be selected to be made or not? If it has an interesting history during the cold war to modern era? I would personally like to see a Gorbachev, Trudeau, Pakistan etc.

I too would consider a Gorby civ in particular, Kesler. Maybe Trudeau, too. But I really have bitten off enough (probably more) than I can chew.

Re: DRC - I am more inclined to work with Gatrourak on Zaire than do the DRC.

Top Bottom