iTargetNumCities

I think this number could also be completely out of balance in AND. It's found in WorldInfo.xml and it's used to decide how far apart civs might be at the start and for other purposes, one of which is to evaluate civics yield. As the name says, it should somehow represent how many cities is a civ expected to have; the reason why I think it's out of balance is that for a large map for example, this value is 6 which is way too low in my opinion and 10 on a gigantic map. Most succesfull civs on a large map have 18-20 cities, so I say this value should be 10-12 at least and of course higher on a gigantic map. Would this help civs to expand more and be more competitive? I really don't know but I'll do some test. Another problem is that this number should be modified if you're using revolution or barbarian civs, since in that case there will be other civs emerging later. What do you think Afforess? Do you have other ideas on this parameter or its use?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13394426 said:
I think this number could also be completely out of balance in AND. It's found in WorldInfo.xml and it's used to decide how far apart civs might be at the start and for other purposes, one of which is to evaluate civics yield. As the name says, it should somehow represent how many cities is a civ expected to have; the reason why I think it's out of balance is that for a large map for example, this value is 6 which is way too low in my opinion and 10 on a gigantic map. Most succesfull civs on a large map have 18-20 cities, so I say this value should be 10-12 at least and of course higher on a gigantic map. Would this help civs to expand more and be more competitive? I really don't know but I'll do some test. Another problem is that this number should be modified if you're using revolution or barbarian civs, since in that case there will be other civs emerging later. What do you think Afforess? Do you have other ideas on this parameter or its use?

I think the numbers are fine. You are looking at a bias sample, which you admit yourself:

"Most successful civs"

Its meant to be an average for all civilizations, not just successful ones.

I think the numbers are fine. You are looking at a bias sample, which you admit yourself:

"Most successful civs"

Its meant to be an average for all civilizations, not just successful ones.

You're right; anyway I'm running some test and it looks like with Barb Civs and Rev, that number is right (average 6-7 cities on a large map). But what if I turn off Barb Civs and Rev? I suspect that the number of cities will be greater and of course number of civs will be smaller...

Top Bottom