AND SVN Build Thread

7 City? It is still at 3 city last I checked.

For me it always seemed to be scaled by map size. I remember having a limit of 5 in my last game (eternal/gigantic).

7 City? It is still at 3 city last I checked.
Hasn't it always been scaled by mapsize? I never tried on Gigantic lately, but I always thought it was scaled

If I'm not mistaken, no city limits is only for civics limits. The other option scale requirements depending on map size, so that if you need X temples to build a synagogue, that X will depend on map size. Same for number of cities prereq.

Then I would advise that those options are renamed to, say, No City Limits from Civics and Scale Building Requirements.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13420387 said:
It's in the tooltips if I'm not mistaken

Well, I read the tooltips but still had no clue about Scale City Limits.
Could you please edit that too? THX

Why are either even options? Scaling building requirements seems like a no brainer, No City limits, as I have mentioned before, is cheating.

Why are either even options? Scaling building requirements seems like a no brainer, No City limits, as I have mentioned before, is cheating.

Start a poll to axe them?

When you put it like that, it seems obvious what to do!

Wouldn't maintenance make the point of makings lots of cities early on an useless tactic prone to backfiring upon the one attempting it?

Revision 794

• More detailed network messages for debugging multiplayer
  • Remove zCivics (ancient file, should not be in repo)
  • Fix bug in FFReeListTrashArray.h causing OOS issues
  • Fix bug related to zobrist plot cache causing pitboss OOS
  • Save/Load zobrist plot cache to ensure game integrity
  • Set Franco's favorite civic to despotism

Revision 796
  • Replace City Zone of Control cache with more effective system (faster, less memory usage)
  • Remove Promotion Zone of Control cache (didn't work at all)
  • Add global variable to simplistically track whether any units have a zone of control promotion for speed optimization purposes
  • Rewrite the city scaling mechanic so that it works under pitboss (which has no active player...)
  • No City Limits game option is disabled (required to be off)
  • Building Requirements Scaling is disabled (required to be on)
  • Fix save compatibility
  • Import a few minor C2C bugfixes to pathfinding
  • Cache more global defines in variables for performance reasons

Top Bottom