Ares de Borg's Terrain Pack II: Open Beta!

The whale-resource looks a bit out of place in that mod :)

Great screenshots though. I'm still amazed about the looks of the jungles... and the swamplands (marshes) scattered in there. They're almost too good to be true :D

Great screens Adler, thanks. I wonder why you don't use the default swamps, though... these look somewhat out of place.

Keep em coming.

I used snoopy's green version for long time and they were my favorite pack of graphics. Afteer watching some screenshots of urs I decided to gave it a try just to get amazed at how beautiful they look.

Now this pack is a "must have" in the folder where I put everything I download for the game and of course now ill use this on my game.

Keep up the good work and thanks again

I'm happy to announce that I actually won my first trophy ;)

PCX Maker of the month, 10/07

Congratulations! Seldom a trophy was more deserved for a winner than this. Your terrain is world-class! :clap: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

The terrain' brilliant. It really shines when you use it with that old Mesoamerica scenario that went with Conquests. Lots and lots of that lush jungle! ;)

Can't wait for it to get incorporated in the Medieval European Mod...

Thanks.

For all those waiting for an update: I've started work again, but it will take time. I guess you're used to that already :D

Yes and no. Yes, I have worked on it and collected pictures as a reference. But I don't have too much time at the moment. I will post here when there's new stuff to show.

Yes and no. Yes, I have worked on it and collected pictures as a reference. But I don't have too much time at the moment. I will post here when there's new stuff to show.

Thanks for all you are doing!

This old boy is addicted to Civilization and your works are very much appreciated

Be well and we will enjoy the fruits of your labor when they come to harvest!

Nice to hear that further changes are in the pipeline, even though they may take some time. Your terrain is one of the most eagerly awaited pieces of work that civ 3 has, we shall be patient for it.

By the way, one question:

The final version will follow in some time.
Until then:

You are allowed to

- use it to enhance your game.
- use it without changes to the files itself for mods or scenarios
- use it in combination with different roads, goodyhuts, rails or terrain buildings.

What I don't want to see you do with this version:

- DON'T PHYSICALLY EDIT OR CHANGE THE FILES ITSELF WITHOUT PERMISSION
- DON'T SELL IT

If you don't want to accept this, DON'T USE IT.

You say that you don't want people to edit the files without permission. Does this apply to using your terrain with pieces from other terrain sets? For example, if I were to combine your set with Balthasar's forests and the mountains from Womoks terrain? Would that be OK for you. The combination looks pretty cool to be honest. :cool:

Thats not editing files, is it? Forests and mountains, etc, are all separate files, no? I am not trying to answer instead of Ares, but it got me confused too, so I am posting this.

Wouldn`t editing a file be opening say, Ares`s Grassland in Gimp or something, and drawing a little pink pony on it?

Not that I do draw little pink ponies. Honest!

Thats not editing files, is it? Forests and mountains, etc, are all separate files, no? I am not trying to answer instead of Ares, but it got me confused too, so I am posting this.

Wouldn`t editing a file be opening say, Ares`s Grassland in Gimp or something, and drawing a little pink pony on it?

Not that I do draw little pink ponies. Honest!
That's what I was hoping, but wanted to hear it from The Creator himself. ;) If Ares is considering the set to be one creation then he might not want things to be mixed together from other sets.

...and I think little pink orcs are more likely from you...

Top Bottom