imperator1961 WIP

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
Hi to all. In this thread I want show my units in work and read comments and suggestions.
My next unit, a French Musquetaire du Roi mid 17th C.

A generic African Musketeer:

An Ethiopian Musketeer:

A Spanish Ginete 16th C.

A Polish Musketeer mid 17th C. (With few changes I make also a Polish Pike)

Those are good looking starts! :thumbsup:

I've never been a fan of that heart-shaed love :love: shield model, which is on the Ginete. Is that an historically accurate shield shape or is there another, better option that could be used? Just asking...

I also would like to see them all! If possible an African mounted musket for an African cavalry would be a welcome addition.

Well, an African musket cavalry unit is in my list, but the problem is that I lack informations and pictures other than the few that are in this site. If someone ca help me it would be a great help.:D

Well, an African musket cavalry unit is in my list, but the problem is that I lack informations and pictures other than the few that are in this site. If someone ca help me it would be a great help.:D

The problem is that AFAIK there weren't any. Wild horses never made it to Africa, so there weren't any to domesticate. Historically, cavalry in Africa was a European affair.

Best,

Oz

Surely the Numidians would also share this surprise!

Edit: oh, though I guess the Numidians didn't have much in the way of firearms, at least at the time of their involvement in the Punic Wars.

Surely the Numidians would also share this surprise!

Edit: oh, though I guess the Numidians didn't have much in the way of firearms, at least at the time of their involvement in the Punic Wars.
Scopas didn't either, during the struggles bertween the Seleucids & Ptolemaic Egypt. I couldn't include all the African generals & conquerors. I went for a few unfamiliar names (notice I left Hannibal off the list), followed by the all important "etc."

Well, at least I'm not afraid to flaunt my ignorance :p - Seriously, though, thanks for enlightening me.
You are a gentleman & still a scholar. All those names are ones I learned for the first time because your post provoked me to double-check the history.

An Ethiopian Musketeer: :cool:
Good graphics should look good as a unit as a dark Africa Unity :thumbsup:

:old:
MfG Wotan49

Great looking units Imperator! Very colorful! Alas the good ol' days before everyone wore green on the battlefield! :cool:

Thanks Gary! But also your units are colorfully and maded with great care and love! A little question: you do not use the standard Paperdoll for your units?

As for the generic african musketeer it is a simple unit but I want add 4 (yes four) attack animations: AttackA musket (obiouvsly), AttackB Spear, AttackC throwing Spear, AttackD Sword in two version with spear in the back or without spear (if someone has choosen the throwing spear attack). So everyone who want utilise this unit will choose the preferred attack animation.

Top Bottom