imperator1961 WIP

Thanks Gary! But also your units are colorfully and maded with great care and love! A little question: you do not use the standard Paperdoll for your units?

I use Michael 2 & 3 for my units. I picked this habit up from NavyDawg. I just downloaded Michael 4 (he's free here: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/michael-4-base?item=7877&_m=d&refid=8595041) and intend to switch to him for most of my future units. I have to do a little adjusting to get the units to look appropriately stocky to match other Civ units. Paperdoll of course comes ready to use without any adjustments to size. But I like the DAZ characters a little better for units. To me they look a little more natural (provided they are sized correctly). On the negative side, sometimes it's almost impossible to get a particular item of clothing to look right for Civ use.

As for the generic african musketeer it is a simple unit but I want add 4 (yes four) attack animations: AttackA musket (obiouvsly), AttackB Spear, AttackC throwing Spear, AttackD Sword in two version with spear in the back or without spear (if someone has choosen the throwing spear attack). So everyone who want utilise this unit will choose the preferred attack animation.

Sweetness!

A generic African Musketeer:

An Ethiopian Musketeer:

Well, an African musket cavalry unit is in my list, but the problem is that I lack informations and pictures other than the few that are in this site. If someone ca help me it would be a great help.:D
If you put either or both of those on horses that would work for a cavalry unit although it would be a good idea to shorten the rifle so it looks more like a carbine if you do not have a separate carbine. Also if you really wanted to be daring if you textured the horse with black and white stripes viola the mythical zebra cavalry!

Hmm... nobody noticed it (or corrected it) but you can't have 4 attacks, only 3. At least you can put the fourth one on the "DEFEND=" line, but it would be played only if the unit got killed... otherwise the 3rd one will be looped until the victory anim comes.

So everyone who want utilise this unit will choose the preferred attack animation.

Essentially he's actually going to make 5 animations so, if I understood correctly, you can either have,

musket > thrusting spear > sword
or
musket > throwing spear > sword with no spear on his back

Essentially he's actually going to make 5 animations so, if I understood correctly, you can either have,

or

Yes, this is my idea.

Hmm... nobody noticed it (or corrected it) but you can't have 4 attacks, only 3. At least you can put the fourth one on the "DEFEND=" line, but it would be played only if the unit got killed... otherwise the 3rd one will be looped until the victory anim comes.

So that's what the "DEFEND" is for.

IIRC if there are 2 attacks, then the first will play once followed by the 2nd looping. With 3 Attacks they go through the full sequence then repeat.

Best,

Oz

@Oz: You're right, I didn't remember the "full sequence repeat".
The "DEFEND" line has been discussed somewhere on this forum, I didn't discover it by myself ;)

or
I didn't notice you could choose your animations. If you want to see them all, make two units (offense/defense) ;)

Now that's cool.

Now this is the unit I'm working now: a Russian 17th C. artillery unit. Very difficult because my PC dont'have enough memory and I must made separate .pzz files (PDM, PDM1 and Cannon) with animation for each unit and merge they without save the file for the final complete animation!

And a preview of the Attack anomation:

Nice cannon!

Though it's awfully yellow. Why not make it more metalish?

Top Bottom