A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:

I also get a CIV4GameInfo problem when i put your dll in something about ForceControl?
TAG (Hl_(squarebox)URE_JUNGLE in infoclass was incorrect, Current XML file: XML/GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfo.xml

I keep getting random crashes also, but i noticed ALOT of them are because of audio problems. It keeps on one song or words and repeats itself like four times then crashes. Plus i do NOT have your dll in so the random crashes more than likely are not due to this.

I dont think the audio file will do much but here it is anyways.:blush:

Spoiler :
[23291.781] Audio Manager: Loading Audio Defines file XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml...
[23292.187] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded Audio Defines file XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml.
[23292.187] Audio Manager: Loading 2D Scripts file XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml...
[23292.937] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded 2D scripts file XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml.
[23292.953] Audio Manager: Loading 3D Scripts file XML\Audio\Audio3DScripts.xml...
[23293.546] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded 3D scripts file XML\Audio\Audio3DScripts.xml.
[23293.578] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded Soundscape scripts file XML\Audio\AudioSoundscapeScripts.xml.
[23293.578] Audio Manager: Initializing
[23293.578] Audio Manager: Attempting to initialize the audio system.
[23293.578] Audio System: Initializing Miles Audio System...
[23293.578] Audio System: redistribution directory: ..\Miles\win32
[23293.578] Audio System: Starting Miles.
[23293.593] Audio System: Opening the sound driver.
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Total HW Bytes: 0
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Max Contiguous Free HW Bytes: 0
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Total HW 3D Buffers: 64
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Static HW 3D Buffers: 64
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Streaming HW 3D Buffers: 64
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Total Mixing HW 3D Buffers: 64
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Static Mixing HW 3D Buffers: 64
[23293.609] Audio System: CAPS: Streaming Mixing HW 3D Buffers: 64
[23293.609] Audio System: SPEAKER CONFIG:
[23293.609] 7.1
[23293.609] Audio System: Initializing base audio system...
[23293.609] Audio System: Calculating and distributing voices.
[23293.609] Audio System: VOICES: Total: 128
[23293.609] Audio System: VOICES: Streams: 10
[23293.609] Audio System: VOICES: 2D: 54
[23293.609] Audio System: VOICES: 3D: 64
[23293.609] Audio System: Initializing 2D samples...
[23293.609] Audio System: Successfully initialized 2D samples.
[23293.609] Audio System: Initializing 3D samples...
[23293.609] Audio System: Successfully initialized 3D samples.
[23293.609] Audio System: Successfully initialized base audio system.
[23293.609] Audio System: Successfully initialized Miles Audio System.
[23293.609] AudioManager: Successfully initialized the audio system.
[23293.609] AudioManager: Successfully initialized the audio manager.
[23339.640] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_SENNACHERIB_MIDDLE of TagId 3
[23339.640] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_SENNACHERIB_MIDDLE of TagId 3

I also get a CIV4GameInfo problem when i put your dll in something about ForceControl?
TAG (Hl_(squarebox)URE_JUNGLE in infoclass was incorrect, Current XML file: XML/GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfo.xml
That's my fault with the leader audio. 1 out of 120+ files is not bad though.

Afforess, include this file in your next update/release. It seems Abu Bakr got overlooked this time ;).

Attachments

• A.N.D. RD Audio Fix.rar
    1.5 KB · Views: 72
That's my fault with the leader audio. 1 out of 120+ files is not bad though.

Afforess, include this file in your next update/release. It seems Abu Bakr got overlooked this time ;).

Sure, thanks.

AND 1.53 seems to be doing something strange to the options for choose religion and limited religions. I've uninstalled and reinstalled RoM, the 2.81 patch and then AND 1.53, and tested at each stage, and the problem doesn't appear until AND 1.53.

Selecting choose religions in the custom game start options, along with limited religions and choose religions in the BUG(?) menu (the one that comes up when you hit Ctrl+Alt+O), doesn't let you select a religion at all and instead randomly assigns you one.

De-selecting limited religions in the BUG menu seems to make the choose religions option from the custom game menu work (the one with pictures beside the religions) which is otherwise usually overidden by the BUG version (text only select religion option).

Limited religions also seems to sometimes give me another religion and sometimes not, although I can't seem to find a pattern to it.

Edit:
I'm using RoM 2.8 Mega + 2.81 patch for mega, and AND 1.53 installed with only Larger Cities and Realistic Diplomacy selected (besides the others that can't be unchecked).

I am playing with 1.52 with the choose religion game option and it let me choose my religion.

I tried 1.52 also but the results were the same as with 1.53.

Just to clarify, the choose religion option from the custom game start menu works if that is the only option selected, but the 'choose religion' and 'limited religions' options ingame are not working the same way they have been previously, and the 'limited religion' option, if selected, stops the choose religion option from the game menu from working in my case.

a few TXT_KEY problems. :)

Before i got this midmod I didn't have that there and... well... now I do.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 79
I tried 1.52 also but the results were the same as with 1.53.

Just to clarify, the choose religion option from the custom game start menu works if that is the only option selected, but the 'choose religion' and 'limited religions' options ingame are not working the same way they have been previously, and the 'limited religion' option, if selected, stops the choose religion option from the game menu from working in my case.
WTF?! :confused: Aside from all the people that have tried using the aforementioned options, I can't figure out what is and isn't working now. I just got to a point where I disabled anything having to do with religion and just let the game take its natural course while letting the AI catch up and found the undesired religions.

WTF?! :confused: Aside from all the people that have tried using the aforementioned options, I can't figure out what is and isn't working now. I just got to a point where I disabled anything having to do with religion and just let the game take its natural course while letting the AI catch up and found the undesired religions.

Sorry if that was confusing, I'll try and do a better job of clarifying :)

There are three options that affect religions (that I know of):

Option 1 is in the custom game setup menu, Choose Religion, and when selected and you discover a tech giving a new religion it gives you a menu to choose with pictures next to each religion.

Option 2 is also called Choose Religion, but is accessed ingame by Ctrl+Alt+O, and this again gives you a menu to choose, but only text. It also allows you to select what religion(s) the AI gets when it is able to found a new religion.

Option 3 is also in the Ctrl+Alt+O menu, and is called Limited Religions, and stops you from founding more than one religion.

Normally I have all 3 options selected, and when I discover my first tech that founds a religion I would get the menu from Option 2, which I assume overrides the one from Option 1.

Now if I start a game with all 3 selected when I get to my founding tech I am given a religion at random (I tried a save before, and reloading gave me a different religion).
If I try a game with Options 1 and 2 selected, but not Option 3 (limited religions) then I get the menu from Option 1.

So somehow having limited religion (Option 3) selected stops me from being allowed to choose a religion (Option 1), and Option 2 no longer seems to work at all. (The AI was also assigned a religion at random).

How the Surround and Destroy works? Is it working at 1.53? I'm not seeing its effects...
It seems to be working. If you have Raging Barbarians on, they will surround your city at certain points before attacking en' masse. I've lost several good defenders and cities that way...

I've put three javelineers in different positions next to my enemy's city and my odds didn't rise...

I got a question someone in here may have an answer on...

Is there something wrong with the way diplomacy works? Are AI supposed to be able to ask for embassy and open borders from turn 1? Writing is the tech in question here. And when I start I new game I am always asked very quickly for open borders ect. Am I totally misunderstanding something with diplomacy?

Another thing I think I have noticed is that nations ask for open borders before we got a embassy? Is this also something only in my mind? :S

I got a question someone in here may have an answer on...

Is there something wrong with the way diplomacy works? Are AI supposed to be able to ask for embassy and open borders from turn 1? Writing is the tech in question here. And when I start I new game I am always asked very quickly for open borders ect. Am I totally misunderstanding something with diplomacy?

Another thing I think I have noticed is that nations ask for open borders before we got a embassy? Is this also something only in my mind? :S

I just double checked the code, but everything looks in order. Embassy trading requires Writing, Open Borders require Embassies, even for AI.

If you present me with a screenshot or save proving otherwise, I'll have to take another look at it.

However, realize that if you are playing with Advanced Diplomacy, the AI weights Embassy Trading fairly highly, so they might be beelining for Writing, as it is a fairly early tech.

However, realize that if you are playing with Advanced Diplomacy, the AI weights Embassy Trading fairly highly, so they might be beelining for Writing, as it is a fairly early tech.

In Start as Minors, they don't. I went to Writing first (Noble level). And had to wait for about 5-10 turns before India caught up with me. (Incidentially, it is the vciv I'm in a big fight for hundreds upon hundreds of years :lol:) Then other civs followed suit in drips.

So maybe AIs beeline for writing in a "normal" game, but they don't in Start as Minor option.

In Start as Minors, they don't. I went to Writing first (Noble level). And had to wait for about 5-10 turns before India caught up with me. (Incidentially, it is the vciv I'm in a big fight for hundreds upon hundreds of years :lol:) Then other civs followed suit in drips.

So maybe AIs beeline for writing in a "normal" game, but they don't in Start as Minor option.

Start as minors option isn't really fair to the AI. The AI get put in a constant state of war, so they value a big military way more than they should, and it's to the detriment of all else. Start As Minors actually gives the human the advantage 9 times out of 10.

Oh, and 5-10 turns is fairly quickly, in RoM vanilla, usually it's 50-75 turns later.

Start as minors option isn't really fair to the AI. The AI get put in a constant state of war, so they value a big military way more than they should, and it's to the detriment of all else. Start As Minors actually gives the human the advantage 9 times out of 10.

Oh, and 5-10 turns is fairly quickly, in RoM vanilla, usually it's 50-75 turns later.

That sounds suspiciously like a bug on RevDCM part. Maybe other people don't see it as such but I do because I'm like you to some extent in believing in having a challenging game. Though I'm not a masochist for defeats :lol:.

That cues me to go ahead and update to 1.53 anyway.

Thanks for clarifications.

That sounds suspiciously like a bug on RevDCM part. Maybe other people don't see it as such but I do because I'm like you to some extent in believing in having a challenging game. Though I'm not a masochist for defeats :lol:.

Eh, I believe Jdog see's it as a "feature". But I would bring it up in their thread if you really think it's an issue.

I typically play on snail and deity so they usually reach it about 200-300 turns later. I live for the challenge though. Is there a way though to start the game off with at least some archers or something? I don't want to do the advanced start option but I do think it may even out the odds a little. When I start a new game, the AI has about 5-10 of them along with 2 settlers and a few explorers without even have researched any techs yet. I'm talking fresh start 6000bc in ancient times. It's a little intimidating that you just build your first city and a religion gets founded a couple of turns later when you barely get 3/47 turns to ritualism or fishing.

Eh, I believe Jdog see's it as a "feature". But I would bring it up in their thread if you really think it's an issue.

Not important enough. You can do so if you want to. I just wanted to test it out and see how it went. Personally, I disagree with the idea because there were some diplomacy between some peoples even before writing sealed it on something solid.

I just will not play with it anymore.

Thanks all the same :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom