Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange. I've never seen that error, you're right, it is pretty useless. If you get access to a second computer, try it on there, and copy the files over as a last resort. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. :sad:

Strange. I've never seen that error, you're right, it is pretty useless. If you get access to a second computer, try it on there, and copy the files over as a last resort. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. :sad:
Boy, that is a strange error. I have no idea either.:(

I tried it on a different computer which didn't even have Civilization installed. Same error.
Could it be that the installer program detects some critical Civ files before launching and, if whichever of their properties don't match, terminates the install? Perhaps even if I simply installed the game into a custom folder (such as D:\Games\Civilization 4)?
It's either that or a broken download, in which case I'll just have to keep trying.

EDIT: Never mind. I downloaded from a different mirror and it worked fine. Should have known.

I seem to be having the woc_installer.jar error as well. I've tried turning UAC on and off and that didn't work and im fairly curtain that im installing it to the right location. I run win 7

Can you tell me where you are installing to? If you ignore the error will the game run?

The installer should be pointed at: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

You were one folder too shallow. ;)

I feel kinda dumb for posting so much in here.
Anyway, I was trying to play online with a friend, but when I pick "internet games" and enter the lobby I can't see a single game present, even my friend's although we installed AND the same way (except maybe for interface color scheme). That problem didn't occur when we played simple BtS.
I don't think it's meant to be like that, so what could be the issue and how do I fix it?

EDIT: Turns out the interface was the problem. I installed coal and he didn't install any. When I re-installed w/o a custom interface, I could see his game fine. Still don't think it should be that way though :p

Sench, most mods only work using Direct IP. To find out the other users IP address, google "My IP Address", and there are a variety of free sites that will list it. Call up the other player, read off your IP, and start the game up. ;)

hi, when I discover the entire customized world (by trading maps or discover), the game star to crash to desktop. Every 4 or 5 turns crashes, even when I try to contact others countries. I play with Huge map (or smaller). I ve a pc i7 920 cpu, windows xp 32bit, 6 gb ram.
Help me please. Thanks

hi, when I discover the entire customized world (by trading maps or discover), the game star to crash to desktop. Every 4 or 5 turns crashes, even when I try to contact others countries. I play with Huge map (or smaller). I ve a pc i7 920 cpu, windows xp 32bit, 6 gb ram.
Help me please. Thanks

Delez, if you have windows xp 32-bit you don't have 6gb of ram. You have 4gb minus whatever ram your graphics card has... yay 32-bit computing. And that's definitely a memory allocation issue. Does it happen on Large maps, too? What other programs do you run while civ is running?

I didn't want to start a new thread but I wasn't sure where to ask but would it be possible to rescale the AP/UN vote intervals down a bit on Eternity? Currently, there's a vote every 100 turns which is a pretty long time.

I didn't want to start a new thread but I wasn't sure where to ask but would it be possible to rescale the AP/UN vote intervals down a bit on Eternity? Currently, there's a vote every 100 turns which is a pretty long time.

Bug Reports & Feedback thread is a good thread to post a request that you don't consider worth a thread of its own. :)

Bug Reports & Feedback thread is a good thread to post a request that you don't consider worth a thread of its own. :)

I can't believe I ignored that part. :lol:

Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom