Main Download Information

Looks good, except for the python console instruction.

gc doesn't work in the console, you have to use CyGlobalContext() instead of gc.

Last time I did this (the rev was in the late 600s) it worked with gc

Last time I did this (the rev was in the late 600s) it worked with gc

gc is a variable, not a function / class name. Most of the Civ related python files declare gc = CyGlobalContext() at the top of them, so they can just use the shorthand "gc". But the in-game console does not do this automatically for users, so they must use the full function name, CyGlobalContext().

45°38'N-13°47'E;13416560 said:
I'll try it because I also recall it working, but I might have done a wrong copy paste.

Whether or not "gc" works (It doesn't for me, I use the python console to debug on occasion), I know CyGlobalContext() *always* will work. So that is why I suggested the change.

Whether or not "gc" works (It doesn't for me, I use the python console to debug on occasion), I know CyGlobalContext() *always* will work. So that is why I suggested the change.

I haven't tried but of course I trust you, I've changed gc with CyGlobalContext(). Is that correct syntax?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13416742 said:
I haven't tried but of course I trust you, I've changed gc with CyGlobalContext(). Is that correct syntax?

Looks right to me.

Hows the AI in this mod? Does it behave well in the main release or should I use the SVN?

Hows the AI in this mod? Does it behave well in the main release or should I use the SVN?
If you use the full installer or dbkblk installer you'll get the latest rev without needing SVN. I'd say AI is pretty good, latest revision usually works better.

We've taken great care to ensure the AI understands all the features (or are actively working on improving the AI, if not).

The main download link will give you a reasonably up-to-date version of the mod (up to date within the last 24 hours or so).

Great, I tried it out a bit years ago before civ5 came out but have since been playing that. Feeling a return to the experience of civ4 + mods is needed now tho :)

I love the changes you guys have been making, it's fantastic to see this epic mod polished even more.

I have two questions though.

1. I'm playing on an earth map and have most of europe. I conquered a city in America, I have Astronomy, but the city won't connect to my empire (no resources connected). This is a bit of a problem since I can't even upgrade my units in America now. How do I connect my New World cities to the Old World? Is this something new?

2. I tried starting the 15-Civ AND Earth Map (Huge) Scenario with Preset Civs. The start window shows all game options as OFF (None) and the revolutions mod is on by default. Will the latest build work properly with this scenario, and are all of its features enabled? It'd be a shame to start a map scenario and then find out in the Renaissance that crucial features are missing.

Other than that great work, I love seeing the daily updates you're making!

I love the changes you guys have been making, it's fantastic to see this epic mod polished even more.

I have two questions though.

1. I'm playing on an earth map and have most of europe. I conquered a city in America, I have Astronomy, but the city won't connect to my empire (no resources connected). This is a bit of a problem since I can't even upgrade my units in America now. How do I connect my New World cities to the Old World? Is this something new?

2. I tried starting the 15-Civ AND Earth Map (Huge) Scenario with Preset Civs. The start window shows all game options as OFF (None) and the revolutions mod is on by default. Will the latest build work properly with this scenario, and are all of its features enabled? It'd be a shame to start a map scenario and then find out in the Renaissance that crucial features are missing.

Other than that great work, I love seeing the daily updates you're making!

1.) You need Navigation, not Astronomy. Check the technology text, it will say as much.

2.) It is possible to enable/disable game options mid-game, if you see the top post.

With the pre-built scenarios you can also start a Custom Scenario which will usually allow changing of options, game speeds, and etc before playing :)

Wow, thanks for the fast reply. This is an amazing mod group, I'm glad I found you, especially since the Communitas mod for Civ 5 pretty much died off (AND beats it by a country mile anyway)

Something else I noticed: I have espionage with most civs early on, so I noticed that ALL of them beeline to the Literature tech, without exception, every time. Is this intended?

Have you thought about making culture into a global resource that you can use like in Civ 5 BNW? Right now in Civ 4 culture is purely a local resource, and more or less useless once you have secure borders or on interior cities.

Just a thought. It'd add a new dimension to the game if it's balanced well. I'm sure it's been discussed before but it's worth asking.

Have you thought about making culture into a global resource that you can use like in Civ 5 BNW? Right now in Civ 4 culture is purely a local resource, and more or less useless once you have secure borders or on interior cities.

Nearly useless? Culture victory? City flipping? I think nearly every player here would dispute your interpretation.

Just a thought. It'd add a new dimension to the game if it's balanced well. I'm sure it's been discussed before but it's worth asking.

IMO, global culture was one of the mistakes of Civ5.

You're right, I forgot about Civ 4's culture victory which is all about a local culture contest; I haven't played it in years, Civ 5 has brainwashed me. I'll be quiet now :)

There seems to be something about number of cities maintenance that's off.

I've taken 8 cities on the New World continent, which I've set free as a colony. However it seems I am still paying the "Number of Cities" maintenance number as if I still owned those cities. With the new settings to replace inflation, that number is totally crazy.

Are colonies counted in the number of cities maintenance cost? I'm paying 50+ per city just on number of city maintenance ever since I conquered north america and freed them as colonies. Save game attached if you'd like to look. I don't even have that many cities under my control, and maintenance seems obscene.

If this is intended by design, how do we counteract it? This was never an issue before inflation was removed...

Attachments

• Dante Valerian AD-1035.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
Top Bottom