A New Dawn Beta Builds

Yeah, I set aside a separate folder with Beta2 sources. Right now, they are identical to the Dev branch. :) I cleaned up a lot of the deadwieght asserts, debugging should be a breeze now.

So you hadn't uploaded the sources yet? Just waiting for a request, right?

some kind of a text bug, or something? this is the only place food is mentioned, is in the hover.
wheelwright.png

On another note, why does it give me points for having a spaceship launched?
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

Pol Pot, LH from Megacivpack's favorite civic is Communist and your beta rendered that xml as an error message on the game start-up. Easy firx for me but you should know about it. :).

Pol Pot, LH from Megacivpack's favorite civic is Communist and your beta rendered that xml as an error message on the game start-up. Easy firx for me but you should know about it. :).

Is he the only one? I guess I need to check, I forgot about that....

Is he the only one? I guess I need to check, I forgot about that....

Only one, yes. Fortunatly. I just modded it Fascist as his favorite :shrug:.

i only get +1 health from a forests in all my citys that are surrounded completly by forests. its still very early game so i dont know if it changes later or if its intentially this way

i only get +1 health from a forests in all my citys that are surrounded completly by forests. its still very early game so i dont know if it changes later or if its intentially this way

See the Better RoM OP. It's intentional. Also, optional. :p

Every day I check this thread for the new verison of AND, finally I got it.

Thanks to Afforess and all people whom help developing this modmod.

I will report the new bugs immediately when I found them. Wish the 1.60 formal verison comes early.

Now that you guys have had the day to play around, what do you think? Is Better RoM a step in the Right Direction? Are Unit Formations Cool? Does the new Scaling Civic Screen look okay on your computer? Is Beta2 an improvement over 1.55?

I just installed the new version modmod. I'm from China, using a Chinese version Windows Vista. So... everytime before I play the new version mod, I must change all non-ANSI characters to ANSI characters in the xml files. ( for example: ä ö ß ) -_- ( by the codepage of Chinese version Windows, these characters can not be identified. )

I didn't play 1.55, because of I don't know where can I download it.

I always think AND is in the right direction. And the buildings in the game is enough now, maybe more game strategy enhancement mods like Advanced Diplomacy and Siege and destroy is better.

Haha, new Formations mod is Cool and work very well. The Scaling Civic Screen is also working perfectly.

But the victory conditions screen still has shadow text when scroll down. Did you know this bug before?

so far its a step in the right direction. the last version was too easy, but this one is hard enough to knock me down a difficulty level.

I just played my first game with Beta 1.6 for 2 hours. It's much better than previous version without Better ROM. But CTD is slightly increased in classical era and AI still does not use slavery.

I just installed the new version modmod. I'm from China, using a Chinese version Windows Vista. So... everytime before I play the new version mod, I must change all non-ANSI characters to ANSI characters in the xml files. ( for example: ä ö ß ) -_- ( by the codepage of Chinese version Windows, these characters can not be identified. ).
That is (partly) my fault, I haven´t replaced all those special characters, but some older translations contain them, too. A copy/replace of the following would be necessary:

ä & #228;
ö & #246;
ü & #252;
Ä & #196;
Ö & #214;
Ü & #220;
ß & #223;

(Without the space between & and #)

I could do that quite easily with Notepad++ and post all Text-XMLs here, but maybe it´s simpler for you, Afforess, if you do it by yourself (if you care, anyway).
And I promise, to include this in all future translations :yup: .

BTW: Not sure if there might be an issue with french/italien/spanish like é etc.

AND 1.60beta2
Bug 0: normal, game play | Resource Refinement, I have had games where I could build Resource Refinement buildings even though the AI had control of the resource (it was in my city's fat cross but the AI controlled the tile). Before building the Resource Refinement building I had no access to the resource (Stone, Marble, etc.). After building the Resource Refinement building I had 2 of the Resource in question.

Bug 1: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for Buildings, Inc., cuts off who it is made by.
Bug 2: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for Surround and Destroy, not attributed to Dexy (I believe).
Bug 3: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for VARIOUS, not attributed
Bug 4: minor, installer | custom setup | description box for No Storms, some storms are spawned- not sure of the requirements, might want to put something in there about that to stop bug reports in future (I have seen others comment on storms at the beginning of the game, I believe?)

I found that the game with mastery victory option, displayed every player has launched space ship. therefore every player gets 100 point from start BC 6000.

Top Bottom