Delta_Strife's Ship Units

Delta_Strife

Deity
Supporter
Welcome to my little corner of Civilization

Many you have asked or probably wondered what you can do to help out or how to get involved. I have decided to put up several things that can help me out and in-turn help you out.

Here are several ways you can get involved:

1. The plans list

Here is an example of what I am looking for.
Spoiler :

These type of plans help me out the most and make it easy for me to construct naval units.

These are the current plans I need to finish several units. It will be changed as I finish or begin other projects:

2. Models

Another way to help out is to locate models of ships that we lack. For example I made contact with several members of subsim who have been very nice in giving me permission to use their models. I am sure the same could be done at other forums. So if you find models that might be usable let me know so I can investigate and contact the appropriate people. Plus if you speak a language other then English you know of nonenglish forums that I do not find in my searches. So lend me a hand in that department.

3. Requests

If you have a request for a ship I will only accept them right now if you provide the model. If you do provide the model I will bump it to near the top of the list of models that need to be done.

4. Feedback

When I post previews in this thread I do like feedback on them because it allows me to improve the unit before it gets made into a civIII unit.

Appreciation Section
I would to thank everyone that has made these units possible:
Wyrmshadow
Ares de Borg
Tom2050
mrniceguy101
iambecomelife
Karle94
Miner1436
Darkfish
JoTheising aka JoCreation
thierry_st_malo
scratchthepitch
Yamatoforever Molke2005
the_frog
Kovall
VonDos
AOTD_MadMax
Japlance
keltos01
Jean-Pierre Fillion
Lazarus Starkweather
Valentine Abalihin (Vaa)
Dimaggio
Gerome_73
nottamun
dacubz145
framosca1976
Florian
xiuyuan B.
A W.
Heteroman

I'm happy to be correct: this game is short on armoured cruisers and we don't have that many French ships either.

Looking good there Delta Strife! :goodjob: Looking forward to see it done :)

Little more progress today. Spent most of the time working on the hull and managed to stick in the to forward 164mm hull guns. Next need to tackle the back 164mm hull guns and perhaps some of the 100mm guns that are in the hull.

I placed the last two 164mm guns and the four 100cm guns that in the hull.

Front

Back

My question is should I put the 47mm guns that are in the hull into this model? The reason I ask is I am wondering if they would be visible at civ level?

Hello,

Back from camping and the superstructure went up faster then I expected.

Now I need to decide what else I should put on that will show up at civ level. Anyone have any suggestions or see anything I need to fix on the model?

Looks very good. Maybe some horisontal "bars" for the aerials on the masts could be added? They are visible in pictures of the class (Wikimedia), but the question is of course if they will show up in the game (on the Firaxis Destroyer there are horisontal bars, and they show up fine in the game).

I just wanted to say that is one good looking model, especially for it being your first time out, hopefully it is turned into a unit in the not too distant future. As for anything else to add the only thing I can think of other than the aerials that Jorsalfare mentioned would be the line of scuttles along the sides, although I kind of doubt they'd show up at civ scale.

Thanks for the suggestions. Masts are done. I am going to try scuttles and see how they look. I hope to turn it into a unit soon but first have to figure out how to do textures. Unless someone would help me with that area?

Looks great for first unit! I will assume you have been using 3d program a bit to be able to throw something like this together so fast. What program are you using? Doesn't look like 3ds.. blender?

Animation of ships is a bit easier than human models, since you can get away with only having to moving the turrets and perhaps making a rocking animation ;) special effects is a bit trickier sometimes. Tough to make them look as good as wyrmshadow does.

Actually I only got the program last week. It is my first 3D attempt at something major. I am using blender. Tom if you do use blender can you give me some tips on textures? I am just reading now on how to do stuff but I am wondering a few things.

Ya I am rather worried about the animation part. When it comes to the part I might ask you for some help because I do like how your ships came out!

I really like this cruiser, and I'm looking forward to replace the rusty old Firaxis cruiser with your new and shiny one. Wish I had the time and skill to make such units myself.
One question though (and you are probably aware of this already): Doesn't the the deck planks on a ship normally go in the direction aft - stern? Or maybe the french naval engineers decided to do it their own way?:)

Anyway, It's looking very good so far!

It does go aft to stern but for some reason when I textured I could not get it to run the other way. However I still think think that looks alright and see if i can get it run the right way when I do my next model.

Ok news update. First model has been sent off to be animated by the very capable Tom2050 however, it may take some time because he is very busy. So please do not bug him about it.

While that one is off I have been working on my next one. I am really happy with this one and it is much better than my first attempt.

Suggestions, corrections, or ideas are always welcome. In addition let see who can figure out what type of warship this one is.

Cheers!

Top Bottom