Preview and Request Thread

A small request: Since you've made early Levy Spearmen, could you add a simple Archer (same look & clothes) to the set?

Can do. What kind of bow, long or short?

^ Since this unit is based on the Peasant Levy, the Archer might reflect a simple hunter called up to defend his village or town with the means of his living, it makes sense to give him a short bow. Seconded.

Your Indian units looks awesome and they are indeed needed for modding.
But what about expanding them into the gunpowder era to include some of those Sepoys.
I know some have been made before, but there are gaps and better variations I think. This thread have already presented some great pictures of units in the era 1600 until today.

Adding to this what about some blokes from Burma and the Anglo-Burma war.
They could span a long period and eventually some would make some Gurkha fighters of the 20th century. Proud and ferocious warriors indeed,

Then I must ask what happened to the units from Dacia. They looked amazing, but did they drown in the Donau or crashed with your PC back them ??

You have surely enriched this game with your perfect units. Thanks:hatsoff:

Attachments

• Ghurkas_of_1815.jpg
    Ghurkas_of_1815.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Gurkha_soldier_1815.jpg
    Gurkha_soldier_1815.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 419
Your Indian units looks awesome and they are indeed needed for modding.
But what about expanding them into the gunpowder era to include some of those Sepoys.
I know some have been made before, but there are gaps and better variations I think. This thread have already presented some great pictures of units in the era 1600 until today.

Adding to this what about some blokes from Burma and the Anglo-Burma war.
They could span a long period and eventually some would make some Gurkha fighters of the 20th century. Proud and ferocious warriors indeed

Seconded on the Indian units. They would actually be useful beyond an India scenario. Not just Gurkhas, but many other "martial tribes" units became part of the British army used elsewhere throughout the gunpowder era.

I was thinking of doing something along those lines, but I'll need to make myself some better musket animations than i have right now first.

Then I must ask what happened to the units from Dacia. They looked amazing, but did they drown in the Donau or crashed with your PC back them ??

No I have them. The files were a bit of a mess, so I'm re-rendering them and fixing them up.

i would like to request these 3 units, especially the one on the left, a nobleman and armed with sword as a swordsman, i hope balam will get to these units, as they seem the perfect patch that imperator left open

Spoiler :

Sorry for the bump. But now that LMR is releasing new Warhammer units, is there a chance you will be finishing yours? My work on an update for the Warhammer mod is mostly done, but I'd love to include those graphics.

Regards. :)

so, this would be a tibetan unit list, if you do not have the pictures, download them, cause they are old and already disappearing...

http://imgarcade.com/1/medieval-infantry/

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

tibetan 17-18 century

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

very beautifull units

Spoiler :

and maybe some yaks, it would be astonishing to have some yak units, light cavalry or pack animals, it would complete the image

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

also i believe tibet deserves at 3 phases, an early one, a medieval one, and a later one, where gunbpowder units could be present...

ps and note the bright colours....bright and many colours !!

and i might list some korean soldier as well, if you might be interested

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

also, could you please render these two units, it would be a pitty to loose them? just as an heavier adtion to the gaelic world, maybe some viking influenced units?? a "big" please! :viking:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

balam, i hope you will add for the indians some intricate design to the blanket covering the elephant, i have some suggestions

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

do not get me wrong, but i hate the blue spot (blanket). please a more subtile approach towards civ colour. the unit does already know in which army he is in.
also, i have compared your cavalry with sandris and imperator and it fits very well. i want to ask you maybe if we could vote for a real life cavalry unit. the infantry, siege weapons and elephants, all have the right size, but the cavalry is smaller. if i try to rescale i get some bad pixels, since every fifth pixel is duplicated, please modify it...:help:

are those ainu !?

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

i read recently about the medieval ainu wars and i am fascinated by medieval japan. i am happy to know that you are dedicting time for these corner of the world...thanks!

The armor is Kofun Period (early Yamato), not Ainu.

where can i find some ainu armour, i read some books about japan recently and i am very curious to see these people, could they be emishi or ainu...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

ans it seems in these cartoons like emishi dropped already their shields? i already ordered some ospreybooks about early samurai, but i cannot wait till they arrive, so i ask...

where can i find some ainu armour, i read some books about japan recently and i am very curious to see these people, could they be emishi or ainu...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

ans it seems in these cartoons like emishi dropped already their shields? i already ordered some ospreybooks about early samurai, but i cannot wait till they arrive, so i ask...
The Japanese used shields until the 9th century. But really it faded by the 6th century. There's some examples of iron shields, from the 4th and 5th centuries. From then on they were made of wood.

Even up to the 16th century archer sometimes carried large shields they would prop up infront of them

are those ainu !?

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

i read recently about the medieval ainu wars and i am fascinated by medieval japan. i am happy to know that you are dedicting time for these corner of the world...thanks!
"Ainu" is a tricky term unless talking about the Ainu of Hokkaido and Russia. The top one are from the Kofun period, and of ethnically Yamato (Japanese) people. It could be Yamato, Izumo, Kibi, or so on. But the armor, Tanko was used by the Emishi until the 7th century in Tohoku. It was replaced by keiko (leather) armor.

The bottom is of Ainu, I believe from the Kurils. Or Sakhalin. Its based on keiko armor from the Yamato period, and continued to be used until the 19th century.
Spoiler :

But the Ainu of Hokkaido and Russia were never unified into any real polity outside of minor tribes, or villages, so they never really organized an army. The example of keiko armor is probably the best, they might have also worn armor from Siberian peoples, although unrelated to Ainu, they traded, and probably fought and competed for land and resources. The word for crossbow in Ainu comes from a Siberian language.

The Ainu also use a sword derived from ethnic Yamato Japanese, so they might have worn typical Japanese armor if they had access to it.

The Emishi (the ancient people of Tohoku) would have worn armor very similar to that of the Yamato Japanese. Tanko, Keiko, etc. and using similar swords and bows.

Top Bottom