AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

@Affores

I reported hotseat multiplayer crash yesterday with rev792, today I tried again without custom leaderheads (disabled in xml modular controls) and game working fine now:)

Dammit! it looks like some regular leaders also need custom leader heads module. I tested scenario and it crashes without custom leader heads even single player mode. I double checked and theres none leaders from custom modules in that scenario.

As an update to my last post:

The installer works.... The browse for location section is cut off and you cannot resize the box and there is no icon at the top of the box screen to 'maximize' the box. If you right click and select maximize, you can then see the browse button section of the form.

The installer worked successfully after the form was enlarged. I believe this to be a result of my custom screen resolution.

As an update to my last post:

The installer works.... The browse for location section is cut off and you cannot resize the box and there is no icon at the top of the box screen to 'maximize' the box. If you right click and select maximize, you can then see the browse button section of the form.

The installer worked successfully after the form was enlarged. I believe this to be a result of my custom screen resolution.

It's not, I see the location cut off for me.

Not so much a bug report, but an anomaly report.

The Butcher gives +1 :food:, but also requires either;

Cow +1 :food:
Pig +1 :food:
Deer +1 :food:
Sheep +1 :food:
Or Beaver +1 :gold: (with the happy from luxury item)

So its a +2 :food: building or nothing.

Shouldn't it give a basic +1 :food: with no resource requirement, and with the proper resource it gives extra bonuses, just like the Forge does with Copper, Iron, etc.

You can butcher birds, domestic animals (pets), fowl, reptiles etc.

These won't give you the 'prime' meat cuts, but they provide food.

just an early game idea, for consideration.

Shouldn't it give a basic +1 :food: with no resource requirement, and with the proper resource it gives extra bonuses, just like the Forge does with Copper, Iron, etc.

Would be reasonable.

I have reported this before and it may be by design, but, once again 3 of my Iron mines decide to go dry within 4 to 6 turns (two on the same turn that were being traded). Others say they haven't seen it happen, maybe I'm just holding my mouth wrong.

No save available.

Buck

I have reported this before and it may be by design, but, once again 3 of my Iron mines decide to go dry within 4 to 6 turns (two on the same turn that were being traded). Others say they haven't seen it happen, maybe I'm just holding my mouth wrong.

No save available.

Buck

Don't use resource depletion. I tried to axe it a while back but an entrenched part of the community was far too attached to the mechanic. Personally I think it is flawed and terrible and I have speculated about replacements, but frankly I don't have the kind of time or interest necessary to write a replacement, because I don't like the idea of resource scarcity that much to begin with. So... either stop complaining or turn it off. I don't care which. ;)

No save available.

Buck
Buck, since I care fixing resource depletion if possible, if you can't provide a savegame (an autosave would be OK too), can you tell me at least mapsize, difficulty level and gamespeed? Thank you.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13422163 said:
Afforess, I've tried the latest revision but there's something breaking compatibility with previous saves.

Savegame here

Pretty easy to fix, I'll look tonight.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13422112 said:
Buck, since I care fixing resource depletion if possible, if you can't provide a savegame (an autosave would be OK too), can you tell me at least mapsize, difficulty level and gamespeed? Thank you.

Here is one where I have 4 Iron, I think, one excess, two traded and one in use(??).
Not sure if Bug options show on saved game.

Here is one where I have 4 Iron, I think, one excess, two traded and one in use(??).
Not sure if Bug options show on saved game.

Thank you Buck, I'll do some test.

Edit: since it's a random event I haven't been able to reproduce it, but can you confirm that 2 resources disappeared in the same turn while the remaining 2 disappeared in folllowing turns? i.e. they haven't disappeared all during the same turn, correct?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13423436 said:
Thank you Buck, I'll do some test.

Edit: since it's a random event I haven't been able to reproduce it, but can you confirm that 2 resources disappeared in the same turn while the remaining 2 disappeared in folllowing turns? i.e. they haven't disappeared all during the same turn, correct?

One disappeared then an other two (on the same turn) sometime later for a total of 3. Could have been 6 or a dozen turns later.

Buck

CTD after the end of the turn.
No other contents to put in. Just the base SVN build.

Attachments

• RAND Game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    690.4 KB · Views: 31
I can't load your save at all... Are you sure you have to custom modifications?

Weird. I'm sure I have no other modifications. In Modules, Interface Colors is on to Black. Custom Leaderheads are already part of SVN build. Formations is on. No other changes other than unit upgrade paths that the Save Compatibikity should had took care of.

More on the Butcher Anomaly-

Spoiler :

This would also allow the building of the Tannery, early in the game, when you need hammers for producing units. It wouldn't unbalnce the game, as all civs have access to it equally, and its not on a random draw of a 'Game resource' Game as in hunted animals.

This gives 15% to unit production. Plus 10% with Salt, if your Really lucky.

There is an error with the link to caste system.

Spoiler :

Its either incomplete, or not fully removed.

Not sure which, I think its incomplete

If you look closely, you can tell the link is actually there. What has happened is that Caste is depending on Priesthood, a tech in its own row. The arrow for caste goes underneath the caste civic and down along till Priesthood.

Top Bottom