Monthly Competitions Submissions Thread IV

Balthasar, may I make a suggestion?

How are a competition restricted only to graphics designers who have never won a competition before? I do not know if we have designers out there who a bit intimidated from entering the normal monthly competition.

Balthasar, may I make a suggestion?

How are a competition restricted only to graphics designers who have never won a competition before? I do not know if we have designers out there who a bit intimidated from entering the normal monthly competition.

I say enter anyway. My first entry won. :)

Maybe not my very first - but soon enough that I was amazed. Others have as well.

Gojira and Blue Monkey have a point; Blue Monkey won with a single button.

Also, there have been a couple of months this year (May springs to mind) when any entry would have won the month. I'm just glad most months to have enough entries to have a contest, so it would make no sense right now to exclude anybody, much less veteran artists.

And I can't think of any veteran who hasn't ever lost a monthly contest (with the possible exception of Stico). I remember being smoked my first time out. Maybe my second time too.

But to test your point, I'll make a deal with you for this coming month, Timerover: if a first timer identifies himself as a first-time entry, and we get more than two of these this month, I'll be happy to do a "new artists" poll in addition to the regular monthly poll. These artists will still have to compete in the regular poll, but will be entered into the 'First timers' poll as well. We'll see how that goes.

Oh I lost a monthly competition few times before and I will loose again this time :)

So there it is. Thanks, Stico for correcting the record. Alrighty then, it's "First Timer's Month", but everyone is encouraged to post their new works regardless of their time here. We shall now devote the rest of this month's posts to new works. Ladies and Gentlemen, start your programs!

Top Bottom