Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not like to remove this empire from the list.
:joke: I was just kidding.

The term Holy, in the sense of consecrated, was added to reflect Barbarossa's ambition to dominate Italy, Rome and the Papacy, has nothing to do with religion itself.
Papacy does have something to do with religion :)

Lite version:
I already have downloaded this submod, but had no time to try it yet. Maybe tonight I will have a chance to carefulle examine these goodies :)

Before I forget:
I remember an event from some older versions: "Attila has gathered a bunch of cavalry archers..." or something like that.
And I think there was something with archers too, refering to Schytians I guess.

:joke: I was just kidding.

Papacy does have something to do with religion :)

Lite version:
I already have downloaded this submod, but had no time to try it yet. Maybe tonight I will have a chance to carefulle examine these goodies :)

Before I forget:
I remember an event from some older versions: "Attila has gathered a bunch of cavalry archers..." or something like that.
And I think there was something with archers too, refering to Schytians I guess.

:lol: Ok, no problem. Hope you have fun with the submod, and please report any errors you find. The more errors we find, much faster we can improve the pack. :)

Can you tell me what was the albanian empire ? I tried to look for info but all that i can find is that was a part of the bulgarian or ottoman empire. What the point of having such a civ (no offense)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albania_under_the_Bulgarian_Empire

EDIT: For free SVN hosting: http://riouxsvn.com/

:) I'm not offended. I've just updated the pack, leaving exactly the same civilizations that exist in the original. There are many civilizations in the pack whose real historical importance is very low.

There has never been an empire of Australian aborigines, or Latvia forged an empire (rather belonged to several of them), and there was a Piliwni Empire (the Indigenous peoples of the Great Basin ), but I'm sure that a native american descendant of the Paiute, or a Latvian, or a descendant of the Australian aborigines, they will be very excited to play with their nations of origin. I like having the option to play them, although I understand its importance is rather symbolic.

To fix this will be the lite pack . Anyone who wants only the most important nations at some point in history, download the lite version of the pack.

Anyway, remove a civilization we believe is unhelpful is easy. Only deleting the folder of that civilization inside the folder Custom_Civilizations and problem solved.

I like having the option to play them, although I understand its importance is rather symbolic.

You're right ! That was purely about the translation. I think the name "Albanian empire" should be translated as "Albania". That should be the same for all minor influence civ.
I'll try to keep a list of names which i think should be shortened.

I also agree that it is fun to play your country in a game ! My leaders have indeed a strong personnality (Louis XVI, De Gaulle and... Napoleon :D). I sometime want to slap them :shifty:

Anyway, remove a civilization we believe is unhelpful is easy. Only deleting the folder of that civilization inside the folder Custom_Civilizations and problem solved.

What?

:eek:

Is that so easy and simple?

:eek::eek:

Just remove the folder?

:eek::eek::eek:

Isn't there any XML editing needed?

I've been glued to the computer a few days to do this, and am very happy with the results. Hope you have fun with these submods.

MCP Patch 1.1

Changelog:
Spoiler :

MCP Patch 1.1

1 - Starting techs changed in line with changes made by Vokarya (has been removed The Wheel as starting tech).

- Armenian Empire - Stone tools

- Harappan Empire - Stone tools

- Hunnic Empire - Weaving

- Hurrian Empire - Stone Tools

- Kanem-Bornu Empire - Hunting

- Latvian Empire - Hunting

- Songhai Empire - Fishing

- Mexican Empire - Agriculture

- Mycenaean Empire - Stone tools

- Nubian Empire - Stone tools

- Seleukid Empire - Stone tools

- Swiss Empire - Stone tools

- Trojan Empire - Fishing

- Venezuelan Empire - Hunting

2 - Changed the name of Modern Egypt by Mamluk Empire, thus being able to eliminate the name given by the old version of the submod to Pharaonic Egypt (Kemet Empire). Pharaonic Egypt retrieves his anterior name (Egyptian Empire).

Added a header entry explanatory in the Civilopedia for the Mamluk Empire. "Mamluk Empire and Modern Egypt".

3 - Changed the name of the Native American civilization to Sioux .

4 - Has been repaired the favorite civic of Alexandru Ioan Cuza (Senate) leader of Romanian Empire, which was not displayed correctly in the game.

5 - Fixed a error in the Albanian leader Teuta, that prevented see its description in the Civilopedia.

6 - Added favorite civics to 20 leaders who did not have any :

- Franz Josef (Austrian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Piye (Nubian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Pontiac (Algonquian Empire) - Junta

- Radama (Malagasy Empire) - Caste

- Sa'ad ad-Din II (Somali Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Sviatoslav I (Ukrainian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Tamerlane (Timurid Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Teuta (Albanian Empire) - Nobility

- Antiochus (Seleukid Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Atheas (Scythian Empire) - Despotism

- Burebista (Getic Empire) - Despotism

- Canute the Great (Danish Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Charles XII (Swedish Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Dom Pedro II (Brazilian Empire) - Senate

- Kamehameha (Polynesian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Leopold II (Belgian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Magnus (Latvian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Malik shah (Seljuk Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Margrete I (Danish Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Mihai (Romanian Empire) - Nobility

A lack of new bugs reported, I will continue with the review of units and buildings introduced by the submod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CUSTOM LEADERHEADS MCP SUBMOD

Changelog:

Spoiler :

1.0 Initial Release

1 - Changed the name of the folder to Custom_Leaderheads_MCP (instead of Custom Leaderheads), so that new leaders are not mixed with the existing ones. This will facilitate the installation/uninstallation of the mod or any of its parts.

Has been changed 232 entries in 57 files so that the new path is recognized

2 - Removed the problematic favorite civics (Parliament and Vassalage), changing these other appropriate to the historic personality of the leader :

- Adenauer (German Empire) From: Parliament - To: Senate

- Cartimandua (Celtic Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Tribal

- Francis II (Holy Roman Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Vassalage (Military option)

- Indira Gandhi (Indian Empire) From: Parliament - To: Senate

- Pachacuti (Incan Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Hereditary rule

- Richard I (English Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Hereditary rule

- Xerxes (Persian Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Vassalage (Mititary option)

Other changes in Leaders:

- Atatürk (Turkish Empire):

Religion : From: None - To: Islam

Civic : From: Atheist - To: Secular

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALTERNATIVE LEADERHEADS SUBMOD

Changelog:

Spoiler :

1.0 Initial Release

1 - Changed the name of the folder to Alternative_Leaderheads (instead of Custom_Leaderheads), so that new leaderheads are not mixed with the existing ones. This will facilitate the installation/uninstallation of the mod or any of its parts.

2 - Removed leaderhead of Cleopatra of the submod, as it is the same leaderhead used in AND 2.1.

It is advisable to use the new leaderhead of Selassie because Alooma, a new leader introduced by MCP uses the same leaderhead than the original of Selassie. In addition, the new leaderhead is close to real image of Selassie.

The same advice for Alexander the Great, as Diodotus I (and other leaders) used a very similar to the original Alexander leaderhead. In addition, the new leaderhead is more like the statues and paintings of the historical Alexander.

I actually use all new leaderheads except Franco. Another option I see as optional is Joan of Arc. The rest look better than the original and help you have more variety of faces in the game.

The first and second post of this thread be modified with the installation/uninstallation instructions of these submods, download links and changelogs. I'll add pictures of alternative leaderheads for comparison.

Please continue reporting errors in these submods, I'll fix this as fast as possible.

ENJOY! :)

I have restructured completely the three starting post of this thread:

The first post is dedicated to explain the submods, content, changelogs and updates.

The second post contains download links and instructions for installation/uninstallation and customizing each submod and patches.

The third post will be dedicated to jot down suggestions and bug reports.

I would like to know your opinion on how I ordered the thread, if it is easy to understand.

Also, I leave here various slides for comparison to Alternative Leaderheads. These slides are placed on the first post, and comparison images are located in a folder within the submod.

New Graphics for Existing Leaderheads:

Click the link to view a slide for comparison:

Alexander: http://www.kizoa.es/diapositivas/d8744714k8639614o1/alexa
Franco: http://www.kizoa.es/diapositivas/d8745214k2911013o1/franco
Jayavarman VII: http://www.kizoa.es/diapositivas/d8745351k5462445o1/jayavarman-vii
Joan of Arc: http://www.kizoa.es/diapositivas/d8745113k2014685o1/joan-of-arc
Menelik II: http://www.kizoa.es/diapositivas/d8745502k9111012o1/menelik-ii
Mongkut: http://www.kizoa.es/diapositivas/d8745576k1550775o1/mongkut
Selassie: http://www.kizoa.es/diapositivas/d8745707k5459479o1/selassie

I go to sleep, I'm exhausted. :)

I've started to do some analysis of this pack. Here are some of my first thoughts:

I would suggest that the Mamluk Empire not use Egypt anywhere in its adjectives, to prevent confusion if both Egypt and Mamluks are in the game. I've attached a replacement XML file in the zip to show you what I mean.

Algonquian Empire: The more common spelling is Algonquin (only one A).

Smoke House (Apache UB): Needs the code inserted so that Shopping District and Hypermarket replace it like they do the base Market. Take a look at what I did for the Market and Forum.

Red Sleeves' Warrior (Apache UU): Delete the apostrophe from the name (right after the word Sleeves). It's not necessary. Also, the tech prereqs for Cavalry units have been changed to Rifling and Military Tradition, no other techs, so can you please adjust the Red Sleeves Warrior to match?

I know a lot of this is going to seem quite trivial, but I do like this pack, and I'd like to see it be as great as it can.

I agree with Vokarya.

Please, could you use a svn or something like that ? I have translated 30% of the strings, but if there are too many changes it is difficult to track down what strings have changed !
With SVN, like the main mod, this work is really easy !

However, i think you have done a really great job updating this pack, and you seem to push it even further ! Nice :)

I've started to do some analysis of this pack. Here are some of my first thoughts:

I would suggest that the Mamluk Empire not use Egypt anywhere in its adjectives, to prevent confusion if both Egypt and Mamluks are in the game. I've attached a replacement XML file in the zip to show you what I mean.

I did not change the adjectives, because even though they are a later version of the same civilization, in reality are still Egyptians. However, it's true that may lead to confusion in reading the events and logs. I think after all, is a good idea that they are Mamelukos in all its aspects. Thanks for the tip.

Algonquian Empire: The more common spelling is Algonquin (only one A).

Sounds like a good suggestion. I'll do it today.

Smoke House (Apache UB): Needs the code inserted so that Shopping District and Hypermarket replace it like they do the base Market. Take a look at what I did for the Market and Forum.

Correct. I have not started with the revision of the buildings. I'm still reviewing the units. However, although I will review building by building with care, is very useful for me if you give me clues about the necessary changes. I would love that you will indicate any necessary changes you see,so that I can do more faster updates.

Red Sleeves' Warrior (Apache UU): Delete the apostrophe from the name (right after the word Sleeves). It's not necessary. Also, the tech prereqs for Cavalry units have been changed to Rifling and Military Tradition, no other techs, so can you please adjust the Red Sleeves Warrior to match?

Correct again. I have already fixed the UU of the Apaches, because I'm doing it in alphabetical order. However I have not removed the apostrophe. I'll do it today.

I know a lot of this is going to seem quite trivial, but I do like this pack, and I'd like to see it be as great as it can.

Any good suggestion and assistance to improve the mod is totally welcome. I'm really glad you enjoy the mod, that's the reason why I'm working in the mod, that everyone can enjoy it.

Please continue reporting errors and necessary changes, I'll be happy of fix them.

I agree with Vokarya.

Please, could you use a svn or something like that ? I have translated 30% of the strings, but if there are too many changes it is difficult to track down what strings have changed !
With SVN, like the main mod, this work is really easy !

However, i think you have done a really great job updating this pack, and you seem to push it even further ! Nice :)

Ok. This same night, I will try to learn to use svn to host my files. I will use the link you put in a previous post.

Thank you very much for your encouragement, I still have much work to do. Once I started, I can not stop. :lol:

But I will go slowly, to not screw up. :)

Correct. I have not started with the revision of the buildings. I'm still reviewing the units. However, although I will review building by building with care, is very useful for me if you give me clues about the necessary changes. I would love that you will indicate any necessary changes you see,so that I

Here's something I have noticed so far about units. The base Cavalry unit gets -25% jungle attack, -25% forest attack, -25% peat bog attack, and -25% city attack. At least the first four Cavalry UU's that I have seen (the Armenian Fedayee, the Apache Red Sleeves Warrior, the Argentinian Granadero a Callabo and the Australian Light Horse) have -50% jungle attack, -25% forest attack, no peat bog penalty, and no city attack penalty. I suspect this was a change to Cavalry that happened in the main mod after the last version of the Megapack was created. Did you notice this as well?

On another note, when I do my next version, I am replacing the bonus that Cuirassiers and Cavalry get against Spearmen/Pikemen/Heavy Pikemen with a flat +50% bonus against all Melee units (reducing three bullet points to one and possibly eliminating some odd corner cases). I would appreciate it if you would do this for any Cuirassier or Cavalry UU as well.

thanks a lot for this!

2 minibugs I've noticed on my first playthrough:
.) ashanti civ: the adjective describing the civ seems to be missing (or not correctly seperated) - it always shows the name of variable instead in score list, diplo, etc...
.) south africa civ: the message you get when you first meet the civ had a missing word, showing the variable name instead. not sure, if it was the noun or adjective; not even sure, if it was civ- or leader-related; (leader was kruger); didn't see this anywhere else but in the original contact popup

great work - really fun, playing against some "new" civs :)

thanks a lot for this!

2 minibugs I've noticed on my first playthrough:
.) ashanti civ: the adjective describing the civ seems to be missing (or not correctly seperated) - it always shows the name of variable instead in score list, diplo, etc...

There's a mistake in the file Ashanti_CIV4GameText.xml. Line 23 reads <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_ABORIGINES_ADJECTIVE</Tag> when it should say <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_ASHANTI_ADJECTIVE</Tag>.

.) south africa civ: the message you get when you first meet the civ had a missing word, showing the variable name instead. not sure, if it was the noun or adjective; not even sure, if it was civ- or leader-related; (leader was kruger); didn't see this anywhere else but in the original contact popup

First contact text is leader-related. I looked into it and Kruger's info has a problem; the Kruger_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml file calls for <Text>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_KRUGER_1</Text> (line 21), but the tag in the Kruger_CIV4GameText.xml file is <Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_BASIL_1</Tag> (line 23), so the text that it's looking for isn't defined properly.

I also noticed that AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_NARBONA_1 in Narbona_CIV4GameText.xml is already in RoM_GameText_DiplomacyText.xml. I've found another but i forgot to write it down.

There are also some incoherence as some leader have diplomacy text but others don't. It is a low priority task but it would be nice to have text for each one !

About the "empire" prefix, wouldn't it be nice to change it according to the historical importance (Empire, nation, people or indians) ?
For example:
Aboriginal people
Akkad empire
Argentinian nation
Australia nation
Apache indians
etc...

Here's something I have noticed so far about units. The base Cavalry unit gets -25% jungle attack, -25% forest attack, -25% peat bog attack, and -25% city attack. At least the first four Cavalry UU's that I have seen (the Armenian Fedayee, the Apache Red Sleeves Warrior, the Argentinian Granadero a Callabo and the Australian Light Horse) have -50% jungle attack, -25% forest attack, no peat bog penalty, and no city attack penalty. I suspect this was a change to Cavalry that happened in the main mod after the last version of the Megapack was created. Did you notice this as well?

Yes, I have seen those changes. I use WinMerge to see the differences between the two files, and also I have the Civilopedia always open on my second monitor. So I do not miss details of the changes. Thank you very much, always it is very useful your help. Please continue to report on what you think is important, to me is very useful.

On another note, when I do my next version, I am replacing the bonus that Cuirassiers and Cavalry get against Spearmen/Pikemen/Heavy Pikemen with a flat +50% bonus against all Melee units (reducing three bullet points to one and possibly eliminating some odd corner cases). I would appreciate it if you would do this for any Cuirassier or Cavalry UU as well.

Yes, I have read in the forum your idea to change that. Do not worry, I will also add that change in the Mega Civ Pack.

There's a mistake in the file Ashanti_CIV4GameText.xml. Line 23 reads <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_ABORIGINES_ADJECTIVE</Tag> when it should say <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_ASHANTI_ADJECTIVE</Tag>.

First contact text is leader-related. I looked into it and Kruger's info has a problem; the Kruger_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml file calls for <Text>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_KRUGER_1</Text> (line 21), but the tag in the Kruger_CIV4GameText.xml file is <Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_BASIL_1</Tag> (line 23), so the text that it's looking for isn't defined properly.

Thank you. I'll fix it asap.

I also noticed that AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_NARBONA_1 in Narbona_CIV4GameText.xml is already in RoM_GameText_DiplomacyText.xml. I've found another but i forgot to write it down.

There are also some incoherence as some leader have diplomacy text but others don't. It is a low priority task but it would be nice to have text for each one !

I'll write it down. It will be good to do it further on, thanks.

About the "empire" prefix, wouldn't it be nice to change it according to the historical importance (Empire, nation, people or indians) ?
For example:
Aboriginal people
Akkad empire
Argentinian nation
Australia nation
Apache indians
etc...

You are right. I really do not like seeing "Empire" everywhere, subtracted realism to the game. I will change later.

Third post edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom