100% odds and lost !!

guermantes

Emperor wannabe
:lol::crazyeye::lol::crazyeye::lol::crazyeye::lol:
I have accepted that I seem to lose more than one 99%-odds fights, but I am prepared to chalk that impression down to "losing battle-bias". However, losing a 100% fight was a new one, and if I did not have such a good position in this game I could easily have rage-quit in protest against the random generator.

Triple-promoted chariot vs barbarian warrior in the desert :eek::eek::

And the bleedin' barbarian is at 0.0% health after the fight. What kind of rounding error are we talking about here? My odds to lose were maximum 4/10.000, or what?

You are focusing on the wrong numbers. (Btw, I had a 100% combat odds loss with a Sumerian archer which had also Drill I and maybe Drill II too)
You should look at the HPs and the amount of battle rounds to kill the enemy.
To kill the barbarian you needed to win 4 battle rounds. Fighting with an axeman instead of a chariot probably only 3 battle rounds.

Looks like an error where at least one 33 hps hit should have been 34, i think most will remember that 33/34 are slightly problematic when you want to take 2/3 of something..will that be 66% or 67% ? 66.66% or 66.67% ? :)

The combat log rounds the odds to 100%. If you looked at the odds before combat, the odds would still properly show as >99.99%. Still, a combat 2 shock chariot vs a warrior is all but guaranteed. That's a brutally bad roll.

The combat log rounds the odds to 100%. If you looked at the odds before combat, the odds would still properly show as >99.99%. Still, a combat 2 shock chariot vs a warrior is all but guaranteed. That's a brutally bad roll.

You can have 100% displayed before combat too. I lost a full hp knight to a damaged catapult that way, once upon a time.

Wasn't that patched at some point?

I remember losing a battleship (24 strength) to a diplomat (0 strength) in Civ I. :sad:

Ecclesiastes 1:9 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.

You can have 100% displayed before combat too. I lost a full hp knight to a damaged catapult that way, once upon a time.

Even a destroyer vs a barb galley doesn't show 100%. I think that got patched.

That was patched way back pre-BTS I believe. I haven't seen 100% in a long long time. It's always >99.9%

I see 100% all the time

Just to be clear, I'm talking about pre-combat when you mouse over your enemy and see the odds in the lower-left corner. You won't see 100% there with BUG as I have BUG. It might be a BULL thing, though. Perhaps it's a setting in either BUG or BULL (I don't mess with the settings for BUG). I know fully patched BTS without mods does not show 100% when you mouse over your opponent. It might show it in the log as I don't check log when I have that high of chances.

Top Bottom