[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Hm, this seems to be a bigger problem.

I have checked all unit graphics (especially the great general). The unit graphic for the Great General of all AI player (not the graphic for the great general of the human player) shows the graphic for the England musketman - irrespective which graphic path is in the CiV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml!

I have tested this with different graphics and different paths for the graphics:

- Inter alia I changed the unit graphic for the England_Musketman with the one for the Danish_Musketman and also (2nd try) the Dutch_Musketman and put them it into the folder Art/units/england each time. I also changed the paths in the CiV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml. Ingame now you could see the danish or the dutch musketman instead of the English - and the great general (all AI generals) also changed into the Danish or Dutch_Musketman graphic (and this even though the path of the unit graphic of the dutch musketman ist different - since the related dutch musketman nif is called "redcoat.nif").

This means, the ingame unit graphic of the great general (AI players) currently always changes to the graphic which is in the folder Art/units/England/England_Musketman irrespective what path is in the CiV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml for the great general and/or the England_Musketman!

I have no idea how to solve this problem... :(:wallbash:

I have no idea how to solve this problem... :(:wallbash:

A few questions:

1. Does the same problem appear in TAC 2.02d ?

2. Could this be related to any of the changes you made to graphics ?
(If I remember correctly, you made some changes to the musketman. see Revisions 193, 194, 197)

I have never seen this problem in TAC 2.02d.

I cannot exclude that this problem relates to the change, but I have no idea what could be the connecting factor. My change of the unit graphics only relates to the different European Graphics and the related folder and I have nothing changed related to the General. The path for the graphic of the General in the CiV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml is totally different and irrespective what kind of musketman (there are 4 or 5 different types of nifs to show the musketmans of the different European countries - and which are used already in TAC) you put into the folder England_musketman - the graphic for the general also changes - although the path in the related .xml is not changed!

Please note: The graphic of the general changes irrespective of the adjustment in the CiV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml! Very strange...

EDIT: I also tested this with the original TAC graphic and the vanilla graphic - the same problem appeared.

Maybe I have to start a new game for a new test...I will try this.

Hi Schmiddie,

I will try to summarize:

1. Unit Graphics of single General are correct. (I verified it for all Europeans)
2. Unit Graphics of attached General for Human are correct. (I verified it for all Europeans)
3. Unit Graphics of attached General for AI is incorrect. (Never seen that ingame myself.)

Question:

Does 3. always show General Graphics of England or of Human player ?
(That is a big difference. :) )

Comments:

The ArtDef of the Great General is only important for single General.

It is totally irrelevant for attached General to my knowledge.
The nif of the unit to which the General is attached to, controls how the combined graphics look.

It really is important to find out, if this bug exists in TAC or not.
(This would greatly help to find the cause.)

Great generals don't work with nation specific UnitArtStyles. Did you try to assign the general via CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml?

melcher kürzer;11468479 said:
Great generals don't work with nation specific UnitArtStyles. Did you try to assign the general via CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml?

There is only one entry for Spain in there:
(But this came with TAC.)

Code:
<Type>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_SPAIN</Type>
<StyleUnits>
<StyleUnit>
	<UnitType>UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL</UnitType>
	<ProfessionType>NONE</ProfessionType>
	<UnitMeshGroup>
             <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SPAIN_GREAT_GENERAL</ArtDefineTag>
	</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

The problem is pretty strange. :confused:

Everything works perfect for Human players.
Single Generals also work perfect for AI and Human.

But Schmiddie reports, that AI players get assigned the wrong graphics for attached generals.
(I have not seen this problem myself ingame but that is easy to explain, because I currently do not play long games.)

Ah, i knew i have forgotten to remove the spanish one. :mischief:
But i'm pretty sure the other nations work as intended in TAC.

melcher kürzer;11468523 said:
Ah, i knew i have forgotten to remove the spanish one. :mischief:

What was the reason again, to remove them ? :think:

melcher kürzer;11468523 said:
But i'm pretty sure the other nations work as intended in TAC.

Maybe. :dunno:

This bug seems to be extremely hard to notice or reproduce.
(I have never seen it myself ...)

@Schmiddie:

I have removed the UnitArtStyle for the Spanish General.
(It was accidently not removed, when TAC removed the UnitArtStyles for Generals.)

Reasons:

1. It would be a little strange if only Spanish had their own UnitArtStyle for Generals.
2. melcher said, that there had been bugs with UnitArtStyle for Generals.

I am not really convince, but maybe the bug is solved with this. :dunno:
(Problem also is, that I have never seen this bug myself.)

If this reappears, then these question are very important:

1. Do the wrong graphics of attached General always show General Graphics of England or of Human player ?
2. Does this only occur for AI controlled Generals ?

Hi ray,

1. The graphic of attached Generals always shows the unit graphic of the England_Musketman (irrespective what kind of nif is the base of the unit in the corresponding folder)
2. Hm, I don't know if this only occurs for AI Generals (How can I respectively the player combine a General with another unit?), I have never consciously "attached" a General to other units - or means "attached" only that a General stays on the same field as other troops? :dunno:

It is totally irrelevant for attached General to my knowledge.
The nif of the unit to which the General is attached to, controls how the combined graphics look.

Does that mean
a) that you can see 4 instead of 3 Soldiers (as shown in my screenshots) or does that mean
b) that you can see only the unit without the general?

If a) the generals must have the same look as the unit they are attached to. But I have never seen this before in the game (never in vanilla and never in TAC). By the way: The native general looks as the single one also if he is attached to other native units...

The bug should be very easy to reproduce. If an AI nation gets his first great general the bug should appear (hopefully not... :D )

So ok, I guess, we clarified the things now. :)

Again my questions:

1. Does this problem only appear for attached Generals of AI or do you as Human player
also get these graphical problems when you are attaching Generals to your own units.
(If yes, then this might be a caching problem because this works for me.)

2. If this appears only for attached Generals of AI, then it is very important,
if they always get the graphics of the current Human player or always England as you said.
(This might give information if the problem is in DLL or NIF.)

3. Also it would be very helpful to know, if this problem also appears in TAC.
(This will tell, if some of our changes - probably graphical - caused the problem.)

Edit:
Before you start testing, please get current revision. :thumbsup:

I found a bug in CvRandomEventInterface.py.
It is fixed and uploaded to SVN. :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 118
It seems that the natives can use/build the market:
:)

Long live Capitalism. :)
I will correct that. :thumbsup:

Edit:
It is fixed and uploaded to SVN.

Hm, I have started a testgame, but something is wrong with the interface at the moment.

The button for "Europe" in general and the green/red button in the left corner for the next round sometimes do not work...

Could you start a new game and check, if you still get the problem ?

Edit:

I get Python Exceptions, when I load your save and try to access Europe-Screen.
After clicking away these Python Exceptions I can finish the round again.

I never had problems like that with my own tests / games during the last days.
Really strange. :confused:

Are you sure, that you have updated to the complete current revision ?

Edit:

We have found the bug. :)
There is some problem in the new graphics of the English Caravel.
(Water Animation.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 61
Ok, I solved the problem. It should work now.

Yes, with these graphics for Caravel the bug does not appear anymore. :thumbsup:

By the way:
It would really be a good idea, if all team members enable Python-Exceptions. :)

1. Go to the install directory of Colonization.
2. Click the Shortcut _Civ4Config.
3. Set HidePythonExceptions = 0

This will really help us to find and fix bugs. :thumbsup:

1. Go to the install directory of Colonization.
2. Click the Shortcut _Civ4Config.
3. Set HidePythonExceptions = 0

Ok, but this leads to an error, when I start the game (the game, not the mod). I could not make a screenshot, but it seems to be something with the faiweather script.

What should happen, if it works normal? What are "Python Exceptions"?

=========

Furthermore I found another bug:

I cannot use units inside city buildings. Every time, if I place a unit in a building to produce something (every building, every unit), the game totally freezes.

In the savegame I tried to use the prayer or the fisherman inside the city to produce hammer, but the game freezes.

Top Bottom