[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

@Tigranes:

Why is it important to you to know the "current available gold of European colonies in the score board" ?
How does this information help you ?

The reason is obvious -- King charges you 50% tax, European AI can buy the same thing at market value and sometimes even more. You really want to trade with other European colonies the moment they are able to pay you. I end up calling their Governor every turn just to check if they got some cash finally :yup:

European AI can buy the same thing at market value and sometimes even more.

So you are really trading goods with them ?
I have never tried that myself. :think:
(I only traded things like maps and treaties with other Europeans.)

I realize more and more, that I should really not only be modding but also playing long games from time to time ... :lol:

The reason is obvious -- King charges you 50% tax, European AI can buy the same thing at market value and sometimes even more. You really want to trade with other European colonies the moment they are able to pay you. I end up calling their Governor every turn just to check if they got some cash finally :yup:

I'll see what I can do, and try to add the available gold on the score board...
@team
Shall this be displayed on every game, or only with the no variables hidden option?

So you are really trading goods with them ?
I have never tried that myself. :think:
(I only traded things like maps and treaties with other Europeans.)

I realize more and more, that I should really not only be modding but also playing long games from time to time ... :lol:
Somehow I'm in the same situation as you. I'd like to try testing and playing our mod for a little while. But this might slow down our development of release 2. However we would have a better judgment...

@Robert:

What about a Domestic-Advisor-Overview-PopUp-Screen in CityScreen ?
(Similar to the Custom-House-Pop-Up-Screen, but only displaying information)

Would you be interested in implementing such a screen ?

@Robert:

What about a Domestic-Advisor-Overview-PopUp-Screen in CityScreen ?
(Similar to the Custom-House-Pop-Up-Screen, but only displaying information)

Would you be interested in implementing such a screen ?
I don't understand. What is it exactly?
I could do it, but I'll be busy in the next few days... We still are releasing on 12th of August?

We still are releasing on 12th of August?

No, our planned release date was August 26th. :confused:
(See private messages about "Release Date".)

The release of TAC was originally supposed to be August 12th.
And we planned to have it 2 weeks later.

TAC released earlier, than what they had originally planned.
But our team members were planning their todos with the release date August 26th.

I do not think it is a good idea to shift that date because TAC released earlier. :dunno:

Myself, Androrc, colonialfan, thadian, you, ... we all still have some small open todos.
(These should also be tested then.)

No, our planned release date was August 26th. :confused:
(See private messages about "Release Date".)

The release of TAC was originally supposed to be August 12th.
And we planned to have it 2 weeks later.

TAC released earlier, than what they had originally planned.
But our team members were planning their todos with the release date August 26th.

I don not think it is a good idea to shift that date because TAC released earlier. :dunno:

Myself, Androrc, colonialfan, thadian, you, ... we all still have some small open todos.
(These should also be tested then.)
Yes indeed. Sorry. :D Sounds better!

In the newest release:
The first treasure one in ruins finds has, after he has reached the town, no badge "to Europe". No event is also released that the king offers to transport him.

In the newest release:
The first treasure one in ruins finds has, after he has reached the town, no badge "to Europe". No event is also released that the king offers to transport him.

Ah yes, but that is on purpose. :)
(It is explained in our thread Tips and Tricks and in Colopedia.)

To prevent cheating strategies with feature Abandoning Cities.
Spoiler :

Otherwise you could simply do the following after your Scout finds a treasure:

1. Build a City
2. Sell the treasure
3. Abandon the City and get a Scout again

We wanted to prevent human player cheating like that.

You first need to build a Dock in that city before you can sell your treasures to the King. :thumbsup:

Can you take up with the dock in the Colopedia? At least in the German translation i miss these.

Can you take up with the dock in the Colopedia? At least in the German translation i miss these.

Yes, you are right. :)

I thought I had written a Colopedia article for that too, but I have not ...
I will write it. :thumbsup:

There is something very counter-intuitive in allowing Converted Indians to be trained in his former pagan village or even worse in the village of another tribe. It is unrealistic on so many levels. First, if Indian was converted from the village with Expert Fisherman he has to be himself an expert fisherman, the Chief should not tell his fellow Indian -- spend some time with us and we will teach you :lol: The guy just broke away from his pagan past! The other tribes should look down on such a visitor. Finally human player can exploit this mechanics very easily -- get converted Indian-send him to Mentor's village-get some undesired skill-clear that skill- send resulting free colonist to the University! AI would never do things like this and in original game design Converted Natives were not meant to become Free Colonists before the Revolution.

Please do not allow Indians to train in Native Villages.

Please do not allow Indians to train in Native Villages.

Well I personally totally agree with you. :)
(It feels unatmospheric to me, too.)

But there had been several discussions before and I could never convince everybody.
(Most of them were before Religion and Revolution when I was member of TAC.)

1. Converted Natives do not use "Become Expert" from our LbD feature like "Normal Colonists".
(I had wanted them to, but people said: "No, they are to valuable like they are.")

2. About Training at Natives, many people said
"Well. it might be unatmospheric but I don't care. It is a strategy I like to use and don't want to miss.".

But I can ask the team again. :dunno:

So yes I would like:

1. Converted Natives becoming "Experts" over time (just like Normal Colonists).
2. Converted Natives not being trainable at Native Villages.
3. Converted Natives (,Criminals, African Slaves, Native Slaves) not being able to found cities.

i don't like converted natives being able to settle new towns, mostly because you can get a lot of interior settlements this way.

I tend to associate them with being great plot workers because of their bonus - and colonists for buildings because of not having a penalty.

So using a unit like a slave or converted native to just pop a settlement comes down to getting the right founding father and settling en-mass.

Top Bottom