Info on Next Patch

I want to be able to coexist with a neighbour peacefully

You can actually.

It just takes skillful use of PoS and getting civilizations to declare war on one another.

It is a pity many old gamers after having deployed tons of irony on Shafer ideas now they have pretty much left the forum cause they don't like the game.

Clearly only Shafer supporters remained here and I can't really pretend you understand me if your faithful ( not the Old one BTW ) versus Shafer is so powerful to be sure the next patch will bring you a good AI...... sorry I have now to laugh but no offense is intended, the only funny guy here is Shafer.

You can actually.

It just takes skillful use of PoS and getting civilizations to declare war on one another.

But surely that shouldn't be the only way to be friends?

Having open border agreements, trading resources, signing Research Pacts, etc. should allow you to have a neighbor for an ally as well. You shouldn't have to be constantly manipulating global politics just to keep your neighbor from declaring war on you.

You can actually.

I miss having friends like in Civ IV.

I know that Shafer and the other guy have said in many interviews that they wanted to change diplomacy in a way that the player could not make the AI do things that were against its best interest. But sometimes those situations make me feel more immersed and are more fun.

In Civ V, I feel like I have no connection with any of the other AI Civs, they just seem like emotion-less robots that will backstab me the moment they have a chance. This is something I hope they address in future updates.

It is a pity many old gamers after having deployed tons of irony on Shafer ideas now they have pretty much left the forum cause they don't like the game.

Clearly only Shafer supporters remained here and I can't really pretend you understand me if your faithful ( not the Old one BTW ) versus Shafer is so powerful to be sure the next patch will bring you a good AI...... sorry I have now to laugh but no offense is intended, the only funny guy here is Shafer.

Yes, Gunter.

Those of us that simply want you to explain your position and your arguments are "Shafer supporters".

Jesus Christ. Stop digging even deeper, you got caught trying to make an argument that makes almost no sense and ever since you have been backtracking and projecting on to the rest of us.

versus Shafer is so powerful to be sure the next patch will bring you a good AI

Damn, pretty strong straw man there. Could you find the post that I have made which says that I believe the next patch will bring "good AI" and that Shafer is "so powerful"?

All I asked was for you to explain your initial post and give us an example of an AI flaw that CAN'T be fixed with an update.

EDIT: I'm done. This is pointless.

How many chromosomes does an AI DNA have? Do they use the same base pairs that humans do?

I was actually hoping for a building and resource overhaul with the next patch. I could play a game or two without AI if building my empire was fun. Right now, it's not. Warmongering is the only fun in the game currently.

So, people ask you to explain your position (the opinion you stated as fact) and you respond by calling them blind supporters and saying the "faithful" understand.

Riiiight.....

But surely that shouldn't be the only way to be friends?

Having open border agreements, trading resources, signing Research Pacts, etc. should allow you to have a neighbor for an ally as well. You shouldn't have to be constantly manipulating global politics just to keep your neighbor from declaring war on you.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong. I miss that. I'm just saying it is possible to stay at peace. I should be able to stay friendly with the AI. Especially if I'm not starting aggressive wars and turning half the continent into puppets.

Mhh...

I will try again.

But please, don't point at me like a mad man just because you are sure the next patch will fix the AI in a good manner, just that :)

An example ? Civ V misses a screen like previous edition where you can see if a civ is allied or at war with another one etc... that , tactically speaking , was fundamental if we are speaking about the Next Patch diplo fixes, do you agree ?

Ok, how the hell can you be sure it will be added in the next patch ?

I have many other examples but I prefer just to release this one, it is big enough.

With regard to Civ 5 this is great news for me as i regard the diplomacy to be the weakest part of the game at the moment.

Hopefully with the new patch :

- Leaders will be grateful for a war fought on their behalf.

- Leaders will be grateful if you liberate their cities.

- close borders won't cause as much aggravation if relations are warm.

- favours and gifts should mean something to the AI leaders.

- Leaders will think much more carefully before attacking a close friend just to try and win the game, it should still happen but less often for peaceful nations.

- Smaller Civs will band together against larger ones hopefully stopping many of the "runaway civs" from conquering all too easily.

and most importantly of all for me :

- the regular scenario where nations go nuts and start attacking everything that moves chaotically in the final quarter of the game because one Civ is about to win should be changed, have them attack by all means but again make it more likely to happen for warmongers and less likely for peaceful Civs.

Finally being able to insult back would be a great idea :)

Lets all give our idea's and hopefully the Devs may consider using some of them, diplomacy patch = great news for Civ 5. :goodjob:

I know that Shafer and the other guy have said in many interviews that they wanted to change diplomacy in a way that the player could not make the AI do things that were against its best interest. But sometimes those situations make me feel more immersed and are more fun.

In Civ V, I feel like I have no connection with any of the other AI Civs, they just seem like emotion-less robots that will backstab me the moment they have a chance. This is something I hope they address in future updates.

I do too. :(

There's a difference between making the AI do something against its best interest and then making the AI a backstabbing jerk.

Mhh...

I will try again.

But please, don't point at me like a mad man just because you are sure the next patch will fix the AI in a good manner, just that :)

An example ? Civ V misses a screen like previous edition where you can see if a civ is allied or at war with another one etc... that , tactically speaking , was fundamental if we are speaking about the Next Patch diplo fixes, do you agree ?

I have many other examples but I prefer just to release this one, it is big enough.

Diplomacy Overview >>> Global Politics

:scan:

Mhh...

I will try again.

Seriously? After making vague statements about the "DNA" of the game, the only problem you could think of right now is a simple UI issue?

i agree very much.

He didn't say anything about that being added next patch. You did.

And that isn't "tactically" speaking. That's strategic.

- Leaders will be grateful for a war fought on their behalf.

By extension, you should be able to liberate the city straight back to their previous owners.

- close borders won't cause as much aggravation if relations are warm.

A "right to passage" that opens up civilian movement and trade between borders should alleviate some of this as well.

- favours and gifts should mean something to the AI leaders.

Yes!

- Leaders will think much more carefully before attacking a close friend just to try and win the game, it should still happen but less often for peaceful nations.

There should be an international penalty applied to all civilizations who attack a friendly civilization.

- Smaller Civs will band together against larger ones hopefully stopping many of the "runaway civs" from conquering all too easily.

The AI should try its best to maintain a balance of power when its not already ahead of the curve.

- the regular scenario where nations go nuts and start attacking everything that moves chaotically in the final quarter of the game because one Civ is about to win should be changed, have them attack by all means but again make it more likely to happen for warmongers and less likely for peaceful Civs.

Seriously. I don't remember WWIII breaking out because the US Apollo mission. :lol:
Finally being able to insult back would be a great idea :)

Mhh...

I will try again.

This was your original post:

Not to be pessimistic guys but all of us know the AI dramatic state, I think a patch even if dedicated to the AI can't switch the lead into gold.

So we should expect tiny improvements here and there but the DNA will be the same.

Told that I think that we should flood Firaxis with suggestions now, before it is too late.

1. You call the state of the AI "dramatic" (in the bad sense)
2. You go on to say that a patch cannot fix that state "Can't switch the lead into gold"
3. You say we will get "tiny improvements" but the "DNA" of the game will remain

Now, you are completely saying something else pretending you never made this post. We didn't say that the patch will make the AI good (stop using this straw man argument). Also, we never argued that the AI doesn't have problems, nor did we argue that the game has a comprehensive diplo screen. Stop making crap up.

So, finally we have an example after 4 replies; you think that the lack of a diplomacy information screen is a problem that cannot be fixed with an update?

lolwut, how is that not a tiny improvement? It should be an EASY problem for a programmer to fix.

EDIT:

The issue was never about a specific problem (diplo screen) that would or would not be addressed in the patch. I don't even know why you are tossing that back at me as if that was the original argument. It was about me inquiring about what AI problems you think CANNOT be fixed.

So, finally we have an example after 4 replies; you think that the lack of a diplomacy information screen is a problem that cannot be fixed with an update?

lolwut

That's so hilarious when you stop to consider its already been fixed through a mod.

If a modder is able to make a diplo screen that looks so similar to the one in Civ4, then a patch could do it. But I'm not saying that it'll be in the patch. I'm also not saying it can't be fixed through a patch because it can.

Uahaha , another bozoo here like gunter... ehehe.. he speaks about emotion-less robots..... you are now closer to my DNA concept..... emotions man, yes emotions I meant.

I hope now it is clearer, at least to you.

How can a patch bring emotions all of a sudden ?

How can a patch bring emotions all of a sudden ?

It's really simple depending on your definition of emotion. It's simply about changing variables. Adding a few modifiers. That's it.

Or do you think that CivIV AIs were really emotional? Really? They have only five emotions.

It's really simple depending on your definition of emotion. It's simply about changing variables. Adding a few modifiers. That's it.

Or do you think that CivIV AIs were really emotional? Really? They have only five emotions.

I don't know. I was playing Civ4 and my monitor shed a tear. I had to wipe it away with a tissue, pat it on its back, and tell it that everything was going to be okay.

Then Civ5 came out.

Top Bottom