Betting and Speculation - The "Entirely Separate Hypercube" Civ!

My bet is the new civ is either "The Greys" or XCOM. Based on the slot they'd have to fill in the list, the inclusion of the XCOM unit and the mention of hypercubes in the answer posted by the devs.

Adding a fictional civilization to promote a separate game over the abundance of worthy historical civilizations would be a terrible, terrible idea.

when San Marino is confirmed will I get credit for having the first serious faith in its inclusion?

Well, that purple and cream colored civ does have 1 huge city and the other 2 small ones are not attached to the big one, which would indicate that they were either settled much later (after Morocco had surrounded the big one) or were acquired through other means.
Or one "purple" city was conquered by Morocco. It can be anything...

I doubt its a fictional civ either :p. Just not what Civ is. I am pretty sure the hypercube is supposed to be Venice, considering the German, PCGamer reviews, and now this.

Question is what...

I doubt its glass, not out of the box enough. Perhaps conquest of cities by tourism/trade, instead of actual combat? Units would be only to defend lands/sack great works?

Strictly speaking a hypercube is any n-dimensional analogue of a square where n = 0, 1, 2,...

Clearly this means we must consider whether the civ will occupy an infinitesimal point in civ space. It will be so immeasurably small that other civs can't detect it, allowing it wage war freely and settle infinitely many cities.

If they did that they'd lose a large amount of respect from me, as well as a nubmer of fanbase.
Now now don't say that, it is actually a very nice country. One of the few countries in the world where you can see the whole country from their castle up the hill. They even have their own euro's.

I doubt its a fictional civ either :p. Just not what Civ is. I am pretty sure the hypercube is supposed to be Venice, considering the German, PCGamer reviews, and now this.

Question is what...

I doubt its glass, not out of the box enough. Perhaps conquest of cities by tourism/trade, instead of actual combat? Units would be only to defend lands/sack great works?

again, most serene quite so applies to San Marino, you need to be more open to its consideration. at this point, can you really say its impossible?

Now now don't say that, it is actually a very nice country. One of the few countries in the world where you can see the whole country from their castle up the hill. They even have their own euro's.

I was refering to XCOM or The Grey Civilization, I hope Firaxis has some common sense before they do that, I can live with XCOM but I seriously dont' want aliens as a civilization :lol:

I was refering to XCOM or The Grey Civilization, I hope Firaxis has some common sense before they do that, I can live with XCOM but I seriously dont' want aliens as a civilization :lol:
Aah ok, I agree on that. But don't bash San Marino, I visited it years ago and I really liked it there :p
I mean, you cannot be more bad-ass than going to a convention and your country with a population of about 30,000 people has the same amount of voting right as China... in yo face es!

This isn't ridiculously out there, but maybe it is a Native American civ that has the UA that when it is in a state of war, barbarian encampments begin popping up around its opponent and the barbarians specifically target the other civ?

Aah ok, I agree on that. But don't bash San Marino, I visited it years ago and I really liked it there :p
I mean, you cannot be more bad-ass than going to a convention and your country with a population of about 30,000 people has the same amount of voting right as China... in yo face es!

I'm sorry, what? That's just offensive, I never Bashed San Marino? You are just trying to get me agitated seirously.

I mean Germany can already recruit barbarians, and Ottomans. That isn't that far out there to warrant the description of "hypercube" or "bombshell".

People are assuming its the Native American civ, because they can't get around their attachment to Venice.

Forget Venice, your evidence is crumbling with every passing moment.

I think it'll be a civ that focuses on diplomacy. Canada. Or a civ that benefits from other civs going to war. Like it sells them weaponry and stuff.

Yes, but in this case, you wouldn't be recruiting through waging war against them, it would be an entirely independent force that you don't have to do anything to get other than declare war or have war declared on you. Germans and Ottomans have to attack the barbarians to get a unit and privateers do the same.

I'm sorry, what? That's just offensive, I never Bashed San Marino? You are just trying to get me agitated seirously.

he misunderstood your XCOM line about losing respect as toward san marino, i dont think he means that you did bash san marino, he's just saying its a nice place

I mean Germany can already recruit barbarians, and Ottomans. That isn't that far out there to warrant the description of "hypercube" or "bombshell".

People are assuming its the Native American civ, because they can't get around their attachment to Venice.

Forget Venice, your evidence is crumbling with every passing moment.

How is the evidence crumbling every moment? I guess San Marino is a possibility and it certainly would be one of the biggest shocks as a civ ever, but there is very limited proof for it unlike Venice.

Canada. Pierre Elliot Trudeau. Go.

Cube 2: Hypercube is a 2002 Canadian psychological thriller/horror film and the sequel to the psychological thriller/horror film Cube.

QED

San Marino is just not happening. It has had virtually no impact on wider history. The new Euro civ is Venice. Venice may not be the bombshell civ the dev was talking about and the second civ may not be Native American, but the other major contenders have mostly been eliminated. The question is really whether the bombshell is Venice or a Native American civ.

Top Bottom