What video games have you been playing V: the return of the subtitle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardgame

Obsessively Opposed to the Typical
Return to the Roman Numerals! :mwaha:

What Video Games have you been playing I: My Muffintop Expands!
What Video Games have you been playing II: Have you finished that backlog?
What Video Games have you been playing III: You're gonna need a bigger boat.
[url="http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=550679]What video games have you been playing? 4[/url]

Recently I'm putting some real time into Insurgency, mastering my Steam controller gyros. I have it set to always-on and just use the trackpad for broad course corrections during movement and resetting my view when necessary. DiRT Rally is also tons of fun with gyros, basically turning the controller into a steering wheel. And a good, accurate one, not like a Wiimote.

just played some dota games with a bud today. it was horrible. awful team after awful team.

last game made the whole day worth it tho :) we finished with a 10v10 and i had a lot of fun playing Treant Protector and always writing in allcaps about how i was gonna save all the trees. and how i would punish my enemies for using tangos. nature's prophet was on the other team and of course i raged severely as he was initiating a tree civil war. at some point in the game, a guy asked us what he should write to this girl he was texting and i said "TELL HER I SAVED THE TREES". either that was my favorite moment or my favorite moment was when i managed to go invisible inside the enemy base, staying there for like three minutes after having succesfully infiltrated them, but not knowing what to do with it. i ended up awkwardly leaving the base. we won. happy game, and people ping ponged back over the tree wars.

Shouldn't the subtitle be "The Subtitle Strikes Back"?

Started a new city in city skylines after over a year of not playing or something like that.

It's going well, I've reached a population of 11,000 without too many issues, things are designed well enough for now, and my new detour expressway works perfectly and looks amazing. But I find the day/night thing a bit annoying for now tbh

So I am playing AGEOD's American Civil War II as the Confederates before I start something that might be an AAR. It's June of 1863.

My Lee-led ANV has 5 corps and nearly 170,000 troops, and I just fought a bloody two-day battle in Montgomery, MD against the McDowell-led AotP, which I estimate around 185,000 at the start of the battle. First day, we both lost around 30,000 killed and wounded. Second day, I lost around 20,000, the Union lost 35,000. That was bigger than the actual battle of Gettysburg.

Will probably be finishing my civ5 game today. After that I suspect I'll continue my gaming hiatus.

Other than a bunch of Steam/Humble Bundle indie games, I've been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (mostly with my Sage) and I've recently started a new EU IV game under the 1.15 patch.

It's not like I liked monkeys before, but System Shock 2 made them a lot worse by giving them pyrokinetic powers.

Not even radioactive monkeys?

Like I know y'all don't like my titles, but you really should have kept the question mark

anyway I'm still playing skyrim, and probably will for quite some time
I'm sort of just picking up all the quest I can and do the various steps in the various quests as I go along. And I sort of try to do all the things I can do in a general geographical area rather than trying to go through a questline until it ends (with a few exceptions)
Also Gregor dissapeared with my orc armour :(

Terror from the Deep? I have the old DOS version. :D

Playing XCOM 2. I'm playing veteran but it's not easy. My first really difficult mission was the Advent black site where I was supposed to steal a vial of fluid. On all the preview videos it seems so easy. I barely made it after several reloads. My badly wounded rookie managed to run to the extraction point with the vial by while being shot at by an enemy soldier with overwatch. No one else made it.

I decided against XCOM 2 because screw day one dlc. Instead I decided to try this Long War mod that people have been raving about, and so far I'm really impressed.

There is no day one dlc. There are three pieces of DLC that you can pre buy but it won't be released for months unless I've misunderstood.

There's cosmetic DLC that you get for free if you pre-ordered. It's just cosmetic, but I still don't like that practive on principle.

I don't have an issue with cosmetic pre-order DLC: TotalBiscuit did a video on the ME3 DLC some years ago which explained why such DLC comes about. Anything else though and I totally agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom