Delta_Strife's Ship Units

So have been having some thoughts lately about the first WWI. The 100 year anniversary for the end is coming up and I would like to make a new mod for it. I would make the mod with focus on Europe only to start with. Or I would like to partner with someone who also has the similar ideas and has already started.

Was wondering if anyone else was interested in helping me out with this project? I have a map that I need to modify and it would serve the purpose well. I have also began hashing out the tech tree.

I have noticed a few missing things that units have not been made for and wondering if anyone could lend a hand helping me fill in the gaps. Or with finding 3d models.
-Troops for a few of the neutral European nations.
-Subs for WWI
-Artillery for the various nations.

Anyway feel free to post feelings, ideas, and suggestions!

We also have absolutely no WWI AA weapons. I am not certain how efficient they were in fact, but at least a generic unit could be created. It seems to me that Gary Childress was offering a model for this unit to anyone who is willing to animate.

I know that you stated that you'd like to your mod to focus on Europe, which is understandable, but including the East Coast of Canada and the U.S. may not be too bad of an idea. Attempting to transport Canadian and later U.S. troops and equipment through U-boat infested waters I think would add a interesting dimension to the game.

I'm curious what subs and artillery pieces that aren't yet in the database are you interested in including in your mod?

Plan to include the east coast of North America. As far as subs go would like any of the following. ;)

France:
First World War:

Aigrette class
Émeraude class
Circé class
Guèpe class
Pluviôse class
Archimède class
Charles Brun (Q89)
Mariotte
Brumaire class
Amiral Bourgois (Q82)
Clorinde class
Gustave Zédé class
Amphitrite class
Bellone class
Dupuy de Lôme class
Diane class
Armide class
Joessel class

Royal Navy:

Holland class
A class
B class
C class
D class
E class
F class
G class
H class
J class

Russia:

Pochtovy
Minoga
Akula
Osetr class submarine
Karp class submarine
Kaiman class submarine
Morzh class submarine
Narval class submarine
Krab
Amerikansky Golland (Holland 602GF/602L type)
Bars class submarine (1915)

USA:

B class to S Class submarines

Germany:

Would like a few more U-boat types.

Austria-Hungary:
Any of their u-boats would be good as well. Well more of their naval ships too!

As far as artillery goes would like to get my hands on as much as possible.

The last bigger attempt for a demanding WW I scenario was El Justo´s WW I de Luxe several years ago.
A very good book for WW I OOBs and other stuff is the World War One Source Book by Philip J. Haythornthwaite, ISBN 1 86019 8546.

Some thoughts to that scenario:

1. Try to make the scenario "more mobile" as it was in reality. Trench warfare for more than 150 turns doesn´t seem too much fun for the player in my eyes.

2. Atlantic warfare in a scenario seems very interesting in theory, but in reality the naval operations of the AI in my eyes can be named at least completely bizarre. There is a massive reason, why I cut out the East Coast of Canada and the U.S from the earlier map of the WW II scenario SOE and made the "landings" in the Operation Sea Lion and the D-Day camouflaged land-operations.

One methode I didn´t try in SOE to persuade the AI to do convincing naval warfare in the Atlantic, is to set all Axis (or Allied) ships to be HN units. The AI normally reacts to HN units aggressively.

El Justo´s scenario AoI was a very lucky exception from these experiences, but unfortunately even El Justo was not able to repeat that luck on a bigger map and abandoned his WW II Pacific War scenario.

I think there's a few decent artillery models over on turbosquid that are probably what you're looking for, unfortunately they're a little pricey.

@anthonyBoscia - Will make a thread when there is actually work to show for now just laying out the ground work tech trees mostly at the moment.

@Civinator - Great suggestions will keep them in mind.

@mrniceguy101 - Hopefully do not have to get them off turbosquid looking into what I can collect from other resources. Subs on the other hand are hard been looking around for awhile with not much success.

Quick update: Nothing special being announced going to be away from my main comp so no new units for the next couple of weeks. But never fear I have plans for many things as usual for when I return.

hi Delta_strife, can you make british L3 battleship project? i would like to add on my in-game fleet. i err..i only have its armor scheme because this one is not really famous as N3, i hope you can make it. thank you
l3_english.png

Isn't it time to get back to sea Sir ?
How about looking at the "mighty" Austrian-Hungarian Navy. It looks a bit thin compared to other "players" in pre-WWI and WWI.
SMS Tegetthoff is launched, Helgoland and a couple of others.
Would love to see perhaps Radetzky-class, perhaps an armored cruiser like SMS Kaiserin, Novara-class perhaps or protected cruiser like Kaiser Franz-Joseph-class.

I'm sure models are very hard to find, hence the missing creations. But perhaps you could "build" one or two with the nice 3d-stuff you got.
The once proud Austrian-Hungary nation do like to catch up on the sea with all the rest.

Clamel, I havent´noticed the Austrian warship Helgoland for Civ 3. Can you please give me a link where to find it. Can it be, that you have mixed up the German dreadnought Helgoland with the Austrian ship?

Many of the published Austrian ships for Civ 3 can be found in CCM2 (Ersatz Monarch, Erzherzog Karl Class, Kaiser Karl VI Class, Tegetthoff Class).

Top Bottom