What other building is needed?

Why the blue flags just outtside?

Now it is an inn:

Hmm, an Inn I could use instead of a theater to add happiness to a city. And a barn would be a nice resource to have, or something to build to add food to a city. An inn would be cheaper than a theater, but be about as effective at adding happiness. Maybe for every 5 inns, you get a brewery/distillery with continent wide effects. Interesting idea.

Varwnos, your pic in post #22 doesn't load.

To quote Zack de la Rocha, I won't do what you told me!!!

Come on now Balthasar... is this not the most exciting awesome medieval-type silo you have ever seen??? :)

Yes, but it's from Wisconsin. I've lived in Wisconsin, and I can tell you, it's made of cheese.

Now, take a look at >this depiction< of a medieval village. It's just a rendition (but aren't they all?); anyway - not a silo in sight. There is a water-mill and also a wind-mill. You could also replace the Granary with a Storehouse (which would be replaced in a later era by a Warehouse) and be accurate.

On the other hand, if you look at the wiki for Granary, there are pictures of ancient, medieval and industrial age granaries. The Grain Elevator would be the logical final upgrade to these in the modern age, I'd think.

The problem is in medieval era, they used "glacière" a lot. This was basically a hole in the ground, lined with stones, where they put ice or snow, and covered by a straw roof.

It remains cold even during the summer, and was used as a kind of refrigerator to store food.

As it's partly underground, it's hard to make graphics for it.

The centerpiece in that medieval village rendering looks really good. Kyriakos maybe something like that would work for the fantasy set.

Does anybody know the existence of a modern windmill??

Theov, there is one in the files of the RARR mod (and if I remember well, also in the RAR mod). Please have a look into the techbox of the ecology tech below (attached in spoilers).

Spoiler :

Thanks!
I originally was only looking for a modern icon for the windmill, but I could also make it an add-on to the classic windmill.

Does anyone know if the AI uses these add-ons well? I plan to make them for harbors and the (forbidden) Palace.

Top Bottom