Download latest version

:goodjob: MOO2Civ 5.0 has been uploaded here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14464

Info:

Version: 5.0

Changes:
-------

- (re)added innate Stealth to all Darlok ships by Minor Annoyance
- (re)added innate Stealth Civpedia text by Minor Annoyance
- added redone traits by Minor Annoyance
- merged fulano's MOO2Civ minimod v. 1.5.4b (see Documents folder for details)
- added scenarios
- added custom music (partly optional)
- corrected races' colourscheme (no more 2 races with orange colour!)
- fixed Kael's Assimilation mod errors (not sure if it works; feedback welcome!)
- more text corrections

I will need some time, and I will make a "working" stealth (toggleable).

I've spent this night making this: (look at pics)

Merged wormholes, stealth and a few other modcomps during the night. The most tiring thing is filling civilopedia entries :p.

The techtree par that you see is ~ 1/3 of what I've done and it's about 1/3 of the full tech tree I plan. For sure it's empty, I will add actions, buildings and civics to it later.

P.S. I will fiddle with Zerg mechanics a bit and then look into 5.0 .

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,774
  • Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 1,726
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 1,312
  • Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 2,360
  • Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 418
  • Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,462
Wow! Looks like you're on a roll. Looks tantalizing. :goodjob:

I will need some time, and I will make a "working" stealth (toggleable).

I've spent this night making this: (look at pics)

Merged wormholes, stealth and a few other modcomps during the night. The most tiring thing is filling civilopedia entries :p.

It is... :thumbsup:

OK, I've found the reason of disappearance of systems. If there's something wrong in the python there's a very high chance that star placement script will freak out and will be unable to place stars as it should.

One of a reason for such behavior is a missing "hardcoded" building. You see, there're diffrent Final Frontier buildings hardcoded into python (like starting nutrition facility/mining facility) so if you rename them you get lots of errors. Better do not screw with basic building tags :).

I swear I posted... must not have, but I was going to say:
Cool! A starcraft Civ4 Mod!

Buildings hard-coded in python, no wonder things crashed when I changed the building tags. I imagine any building that increases bonus per worker is included in the hard-coded building list? I couldn't find anything in the XMLs to increase yield per worker.

Yeah, so before you rename a building, use a search of its name in Python folder and rename it there too.

Anyway, with Hide Python Exceptions off (civ4 ini file setting) it will directly say which buildings are missed.

Also note for your modmod: if you add new happiness/military/yield increasing/any new buildings, note that building of AI is hardcoded into CvAI.py; just open it and look for the code which says AI to build sports arenas and capital shipyards. Just copy it for your buildings there, or AI will ignore them.

Ok. Back on topic: I intend to upload v. 5.1 in time for the new BtS files listing of this month. ;)

I've downloaded this latest version and whole ingame main menu text was invisible. Blindly I've got game created and started the game anyway, but I've noticed, whole text that was visible was in french, the rest was invisible. By memory in main menu I found settings to change the language, but that place was also invisible not changable.. guess this game mod was created for french fans only??

Downloaded from link that was given in here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15039

I guess I get it. My localization is in Russian language, but I changed it into English in game settings and while it's in English, it doesn't show the text in this mod, but when I turn it back into Russian, text deas apper! :)

Well, that´s a bit... odd, but I´m glad you figured it out. ;) Anyway, MOO2Civ supports English language only (as mentioned on the Download Page).

Version 5.1, that's pretty sweet!

I guess I get it. My localization is in Russian language, but I changed it into English in game settings and while it's in English, it doesn't show the text in this mod, but when I turn it back into Russian, text deas apper! :)

Ya, we really need help with translations here. I've been changing everything to English as I worked on stuff, the other languages that were supported in Final Frontier never got changed as things were updated for MoO2Civ.

Version 5.1, that's pretty sweet!

Mmm, I guess some people are more absent than others... it´s been up since mid July. :mischief:

Ya, we really need help with translations here. I've been changing everything to English as I worked on stuff, the other languages that were supported in Final Frontier never got changed as things were updated for MoO2Civ.

True...

Ok. Back on topic: I intend to upload v. 5.2 some time this week. This will probably be the last update I´ll be uploading, as I find I´m having very few time to mod these days...

Reloaded the file, as I noticed a bug in the Antaran IV scenario (preplacing the Galactic Council established contact between all races on turn 2...). :rolleyes:

well, thank you for working again on this.
I never tried it before, so entranced by FFH I was.
However, I think MOO2 was one of my best gaming experience, even if I never understood how the techpath worked... I did all research blind, as being only able to chose from 3 tech each time, I was never sure if I would be able to tech one perticular tech if I postponed it.
However, very good game.

SO I think I'll try your mod soon :D
(and sorry for not even seeing you were working on it before)

Top Bottom