Civ World analysis by MrGameTheory

Status
Not open for further replies.
only nerds play MP turned based strategy games

didn't the forum rules say we were supposed to only post "constructive" comments, or whatever? :rolleyes:

Moderator Action: If you think a post goes against the rules, then please report it rather than responding.

anyway, I think that since it's a facebook game, it won't be super-duper amazing, because facebook games don't tend to be enormous moneymakers, and thus they probably won't put as much money into it. I think the biggest purpose of this game will be to attract more people to the core Civilization games.

if it is good, though, I'll finally be able to convince my skeptical friend that Civilization RULES!!! :D

If I have 60 alt accounts can I beat my server in day-days by simply winning a battle against all of the accounts in each era? :p

The era bonuses are far too powerful. Having an era bonus over other players (50% production, 25% gold, etc) will be a huge source of grief for most players.

I am interested in seeing the wonder bonuses because the era bonuses mixed with specific bonuses could make specific wonders overly powered enough to make the game not fun for players if they lose out on these uber wonders.

I predict the following: Full servers for the first couple of days, once 1-2 civilizations take off, most of the players on the server will quit because they will be at a significant disadvantage to the players with bonuses. People are not going to hang around or have the motivation to play a server they have no chance of winning. I predict a ton of non developed cities in later eras that will easily lose battles to advanced nations, with strong units and tech, and ruin the fun of the game by removing the incentive to pursue other victory paths. The domination victory path has serious issues because it doesn't take into account the size of the player losing the battle, only the fact that it is a player. They should have stuck to a house of representative style over a senate style, when it comes to assessing the values of lost battles to achieve a domination victory. There will be a ton of picking on weaker players which will compound the incentive for them to quit. Because the servers only last a short period, players have to time their harvest perfectly and the ones who play non-stop will have a huge advantage over casual gamers. Having 1 day of a huge era bonus over another player makes the incentive to be a hard-core gamer too high, plus Firaxis has to be extremely careful how they factor in paid accounts because if there is even a small bonus in specific areas, like reducing the time till the next harvest, it will prove too powerful because these small bonuses compound the impact of others bonuses. This is not a casual gamer game and there is not enough depth and incentive to attract hardcore gamers who are willing to pay the money Firaxis is looking to take in from paid accounts. The structure of this game needs some serious revision.

It is shocking that Firaxis keeps making these simple mistakes when all they would need to do is explain their core ideas to me and in less than a couple of days I could help them design a civilization game that is perfect for their target demographic. Even though I own a magazine and have a full time job traveling around the country giving lectures on my book, I would be happy to help them, free of charge, in order for them to make a better game. No one in the world is better than me at breaking down games and I see it as a waste of time and resources to not utilize me. How many game breaking bugs, loopholes, and strategies do I have to bring to the attention of the civ community before Firaxis will finally get the picture.

:king:

Moderator Action: Posting in a way so as to provoke a negative reaction is considered trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

How is your turtle strategy working out in Civ5 again?

I have no idea how the turtle strategy is going for active players. I stopped playing Civilization V a long time ago. I heard that the dev team patched the game to neutralize many of my old strategies. I suggest asking someone who still plays, but when I was playing, I was ranked #1 at civplayers.com while using it, so it was definitely an amazing strategy when it was first released to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom