Age of Discovery II issues

Hello to everybody and congratulations to Dale for such a great Mod. You made Colonization playable, I was sick of keeping my bells down not to face three digit REFs (in my first game it grew up to 250+ soldiers and 200+ dragoons!).

I downloaded AoD-II 1.06 and enjoyed it fully so far.
I have one question and a big issue.

The question is: isn't your mod supposed to allow to train veteran soldiers?

The big issue is that my first game with your mod has reached 100% freedom spirit but when I DoI the game crashes :( maybe it is an issue with the DoI movie? I can DoI on standard vanilla game without a problem.
I tried restarting the game and loading the save, still crashes as soon as I click start revolution.

I'm not sure if the crash is logged somewhere or if I should post you the save game for analysis. Please let me know how can I help fix this.

Hello to everybody and congratulations to Dale for such a great Mod. You made Colonization playable, I was sick of keeping my bells down not to face three digit REFs (in my first game it grew up to 250+ soldiers and 200+ dragoons!).

I downloaded AoD-II 1.06 and enjoyed it fully so far.
I have one question and a big issue.

The question is: isn't your mod supposed to allow to train veteran soldiers?

The big issue is that my first game with your mod has reached 100% freedom spirit but when I DoI the game crashes :( maybe it is an issue with the DoI movie? I can DoI on standard vanilla game without a problem.
I tried restarting the game and loading the save, still crashes as soon as I click start revolution.

I'm not sure if the crash is logged somewhere or if I should post you the save game for analysis. Please let me know how can I help fix this.

Post the save-game please. Oh, and you cannot train veterans in vanilla or AoD.

Haven't tried it yet. We're going through a heat-wave over here with temps all this week going to be over 40C. I'd fry my laptop CPU if I tried to run Col right now. :(

Haven't tried it yet. We're going through a heat-wave over here with temps all this week going to be over 40C. I'd fry my laptop CPU if I tried to run Col right now. :(

Eh it is summer over there, indeed.

Well no worry I'll wait for news from you. If you need anything else let me know.

For some reason, I am not allowed to hurry production, even if I have the needed gold. I have encountered this several times in my games. I have the gold needed to hurry but for some reason, I am not allowed to do some. I dont know if it is a AoD2 bug or a generel bug. The screenshot shows the issue.

Attachments

• HurryBug.JPG
    HurryBug.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 107
For some reason, I am not allowed to hurry production, even if I have the needed gold. I have encountered this several times in my games. I have the gold needed to hurry but for some reason, I am not allowed to do some. I dont know if it is a AoD2 bug or a generel bug. The screenshot shows the issue.

After DoI you cannot hurry production with gold. Not sure if that is your case.

This has bugged me as well. Sometimes I can't hurry production even though I have the required gold/resources. Then some turns later it's possible all of a sudden. I don't recall how it was in vanilla as most of my games has been with AoDII.

But most likely it's some mechanic of the game I haven't learned yet, though it's not the above, as this has happened before I've declared DoI.

I think the screen is from turn 20ish, so well before the DoI. Later in the same game, in another city, the ability to hurry came on and off every odd turn, eventhough I had 5000+ gold.

I think the screen is from turn 20ish, so well before the DoI. Later in the same game, in another city, the ability to hurry came on and off every odd turn, eventhough I had 5000+ gold.

Did you have the required amount of wood in/being produced in the city? ( I see you have 2 stored in the pic, but none being produced) I'm not sure if that factors into it?

I might be imagining things but wood just makes it cheaper to rushbuy, not necessary to be able to do it though. But I'm rambling, I haven't enough experience from this game and I really haven't studied the colonipedia enough to know all the little details.

I might be imagining things but wood just makes it cheaper to rushbuy, not necessary to be able to do it though. But I'm rambling, I haven't enough experience from this game and I really haven't studied the colonipedia enough to know all the little details.

Indeed. If you have part or all the required wood / tools the cost is cheaper. The request amount of gold already consider the lack of raw materials.
This looks like a bug to me.

Dale, I don't want to bug you, but any chance you can check that save game? At least to understand why it crashes this way :(

Dale the animation to kiss the portugese or pirate king's ring is broken

I have the feeling, from the news on TV, that right now he's busy with something important in real life...

Yeah between that (I know a LOT of people in the Churchill fires) and having a new born baby my time has been limited.

In regards to the ring kiss animations, it's simply because in Civ4 leaderheads that animation doesn't exist so it uses the LH's default animation. LH makers will have to make new animations for the LH's to incorporate the ring kiss.

This was taken last saturday night looking out over the suburbs of Melbourne towards the fires. I didn't take it, but saw it in the local paper.

This is the Kinglake fires which killed over 100 people on Saturday-Sunday.

EDIT: I should also point out, though that looks very close that would be ~40km away from the person taking the photo.

This was taken last saturday night looking out over the suburbs of Melbourne towards the fires. I didn't take it, but saw it in the local paper.

It looks like the opening scene from Blade Runner. :eek:

Hi Dale

I have some problems with your mod.

1) Everytime there is a messages saying anything about resources (eg. jamestown is running out of lumber)
it just turns up symbols like Ï.

And in front of all the text on the founding fathers screen there is a Ë

2)On the main screen there is no city names

I also had the same problem as Ekmek about the achievement screens being pink, but solved that the same way as he did by removing part of the folder name.

But otherwise thanks for a great mod! :)

Top Bottom