Possible glitch and/or oversight?

Onionsoilder

Reaver
Right now I'm playing a wonderful game of Colonization as the Portuguese. On the Governor level, I'm neck-in-neck with two other colonies(England and France) in terms of both score and rebel sentiment(though I'm way ahead in production). The Netherlands and Spanish never really gained any power, they sort of stagnated while the rest of the colonies grew. The pirates are almost nonexistent, they have no cities at all, occasionally I see one of their brigs and sink it for EXP.

Anyway, I was building up to rebellion, when I noticed something odd. Cannons have a rebel sentiment meter as well. For a while I thought this was a glitch, because cannons are inanimate objects, but then I figures maybe the rebel sentiment is actually the gunners, which made sense so I sort of forgot about the whole issue. Until I noticed something else - my Horses were determined tories. Those guns I was transporting to another city were loyal to the king as well. So was the rum I was shipping to Europe. In fact, all of my resources that were not in cities were torries. The problem with this is that as soon as you load up a wagon with something, your rebel sentiment% will drop. You can garrison them in wagons outside the city, were the % will slowly increase... until you put them in a city again, were it will reset to 0. I can't imagine how cloth can either rebel or pledge loyalty to someone. Any chance this will get fixed in the next version?

Regarding trade goods RS. Yup, it's a known issue. Dale said it will get fixed.

Patience. :)

What does worry my though, is what you've mentioned about Pirates. Pirates seem to do nothing in v1.08.

They are set to start at turn 30, but for some reason this has caused an AI malfunction.

What does worry my though, is what you've mentioned about Pirates. Pirates seem to do nothing in v1.08.

They are set to start at turn 30, but for some reason this has caused an AI malfunction.
Actually, they did end up doing something in my game... after I declared independence. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but before they would sail around, but never unload or found a city. It seemed all they were good for was providing fodder for my ships. after the DoI, they built one city... one.

Top Bottom